User Tag List

First 12

Stansmith

@Lyedecker

The basic idea seems to be that when Te is given a widely-accepted method or set of guidelines, he follows it as long as it's efficient. When Ti is given the same guideline or method, he first compares the principles behind it to his own understanding of how things work before deciding to use it.

Te wants results, Ti wants logical understanding.

Nice said @Stansmith... I would use a bit different words in last sentence. Te is about visible causes. In some point you can say they want results, but they are more into logical facts, that are clear, that they can see, such as graphs, or schedules. They also count the best on the well known facts, rather than search in some unknown waters. Ti is much more abstract, rather than following well knows facts, they try to understand things by their own logical process.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had problems differentiating between INFJ and INFP at first, but then at the time I was also trying to type my INFP boyfriend, and compared to him I'm so INFJ.

That said, I've always identified a lot more with descriptions of Fi than Fe. I think Fi descriptions sound kinda 4-ish to me.

I've always identified more with what INFJ posters. With INFP posts most of the time I go "Yes, that is very well said!" but I don't feel a sense of kinship beyond the NF-connection that I feel with most NF posters. With INFJs I am like "OMG! I could have said that exactly!" and then I check who the poster is and they are unsurprisingly INFJ.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post

That said, I've always identified a lot more with descriptions of Fi than Fe. I think Fi descriptions sound kinda 4-ish to me.
    I think this is the biggest problem... 4s are very Fi ennea type. Their needs to be different, inuqe and true to themselves are very typical for Fi dominant types. The thing is, most of the INFJs seem to be 4s, but than the Fe in them has to be a bit harder to spot. It aslo has to be such a contradiction between Fe and strong 4ish Fi similar needs.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

What if we disregard the MBTI schema and ask, could it be possible for an individual to have Ni-Fi rather than Ni-Fe?

brainheart

As far as INFP and Te goes, I think often it's presented as if it's a function that INFPs are good at. uh, yeah, no. Te is the inferior function. It's what an INFP pretty much sucks at. On cognitive function tests it is always, without fail, my lowest score. Now this isn't to say that Te doesn't like to rear its ugly head, cause it does. Out of nowhere I'll beat myself up about my inefficiency, my inability to manage my time, the fact that I can't stick to a schedule for anything. And then I'll work really hard at being Te-like and criticize people for not being more Te-like. It's the nitpicky, fault finding me, and when I'm like that people who know me well say... uh, you're not being your usual 'you'. What's up? I think INFPs will seem more Te-ish when they are nervous, stressed, or in an uncomfortable situation where they feel they need to seem more analytical or professional. Then they will likely hide behind it, adding to the perception of being cold or unfeeling. It can be the protective crab shell.

Te can become developed in a healthy way in an INFP, sure. But it's an immature function, not what INFPs are naturally good at. Typically my thinking will seem more Ti-ish than Te-ish, probably because I'm an introverted rational type, and so it's more of an issue of confusing Fi with Ti.

@21%
    I've always identified more with what INFJ posters. With INFP posts most of the time I go "Yes, that is very well said!" but I don't feel a sense of kinship beyond the NF-connection that I feel with most NF posters. With INFJs I am like "OMG! I could have said that exactly!" and then I check who the poster is and they are unsurprisingly INFJ.
    Yes, I think that can be a really good way of determining things. Who sounds like you? Who speaks your language? What resonates?

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    What if we disregard the MBTI schema and ask, could it be possible for an individual to have Ni-Fi rather than Ni-Fe?
    Well, I guess the thing is... you have to extrovert somehow, and according to Jung the auxiliary function is the complete opposite in every way of the dominant function. So... Ni-Te or Fe. What can be problematic and confusing, I think, is that Fi + Ne can create something that looks like Ni while Ni + Fe can create something that looks like Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    This is a very difficult theory to agree on. One can not have both dominant and auxiliary functions introverted, or extroverted. If so it is a sign of unhealthy mental state, when most likely the dominant and teritary functions gone a bit crazy together in one's personality. For example, when the ISFP still uses his dominant Fi, but developed Ni to the unhealthy level and looks more like Fi+Ni, that it's most likely a paranoid disorder. The ISFP's Fi+Se nature is not so skilled in using the sudden and strong Ni suggestions, and if the person can't handle them to healthy level, they might be prone to be paranoid. For example an ENFPs are prone to borderline personality disorder, if their Ne+Te loop goes crazy together. Once I found the whole list of cognitive functions and personality disorders, but I can not find it now I guess it was really an old post. In shortcut it's not healthy to be Ni+Fi. It is much more likely, that you are Ni+Fe 4, which might make you feel like Ni+Fi.