123 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Am I Overly Confident in my Typing?

Ok, so since I've typed myself as ENFP 7w6 2w1 9w1 sx/so, I really haven't turned back.

I was questioning 4 as a heart-fix for a moment. I feel like I may have been born with 4 in me, but have been kind of nurtured into being a 2. My mom is a really "helpy" and "self-sacrificy" person, and I have always seen that as a positive quality. Since there are a lot of other qualities about myself I grew up kind of ashamed of (messy, disorganized, lazy, loud, etc.), maybe I adopted a 2-ish approach to like ease some of my guilt? I dunno.

Other than that, I really do feel confident in my type. Which is why I just kinda wanna check myself with some outside perspective from you all. I know many of you are much more knowledgeable about typology than I am.

I always read about how SO many people are mistyped and I don't want to be foolishly prancing around life thinking I've got it all figured out.

Soo... any thoughts? I'm interested to hear them.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Stansmith

I wouldn't be surprised. Your vibe seems a bit more 'sullen' and withdrawn than a lot of triple positive-outlook ENFPs, but obviously, that's a vague assessment of type. Not to mention, I'm probably comparing you to 2w3-fixers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Your vibe seems a bit more 'sullen' and withdrawn than a lot of triple positive-outlook ENFPs, but obviously, that's a vague assessment of type. Not to mention, I'm probably comparing you to 2w3-fixers.
    Whatareya talkin about!? Is it? I don't think it is.

I think it fits nicolita. Have you read 4? Do you relate to it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Last time we talked, I thought I we decided on 4.
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Soo... any thoughts? I'm interested to hear them.
    If you're mistyped, then I must also be.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    Last time we talked, I thought I we decided on 4.
    you think she's a 749?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think 729 fits. The 2w3 fix makes you more agreeable and kindhearted than other sx/so EFPs.

FWIW, I previously mistyped as 749. I think it was because I put a huge emphasis on personal identity and individuality, but in the end it wasn't something I feared not having. It was just something emphasized in my values so this may or may not be the case for you. I don't really see 4's (melo)dramatic tendencies in you. I think it's funny how you started out as 2w3 so/sx 279 when I typed as 7w6 sx/so 749 and over time we gradually swapped types. Although I'm still not entirely sure between 7w6 and 2w3. I still lean towards 7w6 but I'm giving 2w3 a try for now. Except you also switched to 2w1. Oh well. Anyway I think your current typing seems correct, but a little healthy skepticism never hurt anyone.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think 729 fits. The 2w3 fix makes you more agreeable and kindhearted than other sx/so EFPs.

FWIW, I previously mistyped as 749. I think it was because I put a huge emphasis on personal identity and individuality, but in the end it wasn't something I feared not having. It was just something emphasized in my values so this may or may not be the case for you. I don't really see 4's (melo)dramatic tendencies in you. I think it's funny how you started out as 2w3 so/sx 279 when I typed as 7w6 sx/so 749 and over time we gradually swapped types. Although I'm still not entirely sure between 7w6 and 2w3. I still lean towards 7w6 but I'm giving 2w3 a try for now. Except you also switched to 2w1. Oh well. Anyway I think your current typing seems correct, but a little healthy skepticism never hurt anyone.
    These are my exact thoughts on the matter, Chanaynay. I definitely have an artsy like I'm an individual I don't wanna be like anyone else, watch me express myself thing going on. My personal identity is something I've always considered very carefully, and taken personally. But like you said, I don't feel scared of losing that. I feel very sure that I'll always be myself, and don't really tend to be melodramatic about things. I do, however, kinda "react" if I'm afraid I'm being viewed as shallow or boring. I'm very nice about it, but I'm very "against" a lot of things that a lot of people love. I don't want to be lumped into a group with people who love those things if I feel that they're not quality and don't represent me. That's making me kinda sound like an asshole, but it's true.

I do know though that ENFPs and 7w6s strive for and value highly authenticity and personal choice. So that may very well be attributed to that.

Also, I've always been kinda 2-ish the more I think about it. Again, this can be hard for me to separate from ENFP and 7w6, but I'm a people pleaser, want to make people feel loved and appreciated, love taking the extra time to make someone feel cared for. I also (I think this is part of my Fi) kind of have an obsession with doing work nobody wants to do. Like being ok with being the one who gets the short end of the stick. I feel like that's real service, and something I'm happy to do for others.

soooo....I dunno.

I definitely get the guilt of a 2 though. Hard.

But, reading about 4 right now, I really do feel a lot of those ways as well. I guess I don't feel like I'm different from everyone else (I'm a big like we are one thinker), but I do maintain my preferences and tastes as something personal. I also can focus on my differences and weaknesses and become melancholy. I also definitely tend to hide my weaknesses and feel ashamed of them.

I think, overall, 2 describes more of my motives in life though. Connecting with and helping others is a really big theme in my life. My identity's important and I see myself not so much as different from others, but as my own individual which I hope for every person. I just really want people to see me for me without any assumptions.

ehh, kiinda rambled there. Hope someone can make some sense of that. Time to make coffee.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I do, however, kinda "react" if I'm afraid I'm being viewed as shallow or boring.
    That sounds more like a 7-ish issue. I think 4s are more sensitive to comments about being bland, having no personality or not having a big personality, etc. It's a very fine line but I think you'll get what I mean. I think 7s, image-wise, also vary a little depending on instinct. Sexual 7s may want to be seen as exciting, stimulating, interesting, fascinating, etc. Social 7s may want more to be seen as loyal, selfless (countergluttony), upbeat, etc. Self-pres 7s...not so sure because I don't think I've encountered many besides Jenna Marbles. Perhaps more realistic and straight-shooting? @Jaqcues Le Paul wanna help us out here?

I'm very nice about it, but I'm very "against" a lot of things that a lot of people love. I don't want to be lumped into a group with people who love those things if I feel that they're not quality and don't represent me. That's making me kinda sound like an asshole, but it's true.
    You are an ENFP my friend.

I do know though that ENFPs and 7w6s strive for and value highly authenticity and personal choice. So that may very well be attributed to that.
    I agree, Fi is a very 4-like function especially considering the inner sensitivity we hold in ourselves.

Also, I've always been kinda 2-ish the more I think about it. Again, this can be hard for me to separate from ENFP and 7w6, but I'm a people pleaser, want to make people feel loved and appreciated, love taking the extra time to make someone feel cared for. I also (I think this is part of my Fi) kind of have an obsession with doing work nobody wants to do. Like being ok with being the one who gets the short end of the stick. I feel like that's real service, and something I'm happy to do for others.
    Hmm, perhaps your fix is actually 2w3>2w1? Appreciating the whole beauty of doing unfavorable work seems like a w3-ish quality. Then again, the act of self-sacrifice itself seems more 2w1-ish. But I agree you have a 2 fix after reading this, especially if you identified as core 2 at the beginning.

I definitely get the guilt of a 2 though. Hard.
    Sadly, getting other people to love you for the lack of love you feel for yourself isn't always the best option. I somewhat relate to it, especially over 4 and 3 but I never really struggled with the self-hate that revolves around the heart center. I think that was a good way of proving 7w6>2w3. Even if I was a healthy 2w3 that loved myself I never really struggled with it in the past.

But, reading about 4 right now, I really do feel a lot of those ways as well. I guess I don't feel like I'm different from everyone else (I'm a big like we are one thinker), but I do maintain my preferences and tastes as something personal. I also can focus on my differences and weaknesses and become melancholy. I also definitely tend to hide my weaknesses and feel ashamed of them.
    I think that's just something that sometimes comes with lots of introspection. I relate to what you're saying as well.

I think, overall, 2 describes more of my motives in life though. Connecting with and helping others is a really big theme in my life. My identity's important and I see myself not so much as different from others, but as my own individual which I hope for every person. I just really want people to see me for me without any assumptions.
    Another ENFP-ish sentiment. I think the bold makes for a good quote or life motto.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Hey nic!!!

I've only read the OP but the way my memory has been lately I need to post this before I forget. Forgive me if it has already been addressed.

The way I see it...if 4 is your heart fix...then there's no way in hell you are an sx dom. You have to explain that *open* quality of yours somehow... and if you were to truly settle on 4 as the best fit...I wouldn't let you do it until you also started listing your type as so/sx.

^^What has been interesting for me though...is I actually think you are sx/so (it's interesting just because you don't have as hard of an edge as most sx/so's do.) This is why I believe you currently have yourself typed correctly. I believe e2 is your true heart fix.