User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yep yep I totally relate with her enfp 729 ish sx ness.

Not sure which feels right between sx/so or sx/sp yet

That took me the longest to figure out too because I don't think my sp is strong either.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

@nicolita, this may help as well.

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.
    so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still

sp/so - conserving, protecting, maintaining, preserving, supplying, repairing, sustaining, stewarding
    so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating
    You can read more here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings

Also here are Maitri's descriptions of the three subtypes of 7 which really helped me decide 7w6>2w3: http://personalitycafe.com/type-7-fo...ts-maitri.html
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Chanaynay, well based on those descriptions, I relate way more to sx/sp than sx/so. Sp isn't sounding terribly unfamiliar when I read it either. Thanks man!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Ok, so since I've typed myself as ENFP 7w6 2w1 9w1 sx/so, I really haven't turned back.

I was questioning 4 as a heart-fix for a moment. I feel like I may have been born with 4 in me, but have been kind of nurtured into being a 2. My mom is a really "helpy" and "self-sacrificy" person, and I have always seen that as a positive quality. Since there are a lot of other qualities about myself I grew up kind of ashamed of (messy, disorganized, lazy, loud, etc.), maybe I adopted a 2-ish approach to like ease some of my guilt? I dunno.

Other than that, I really do feel confident in my type. Which is why I just kinda wanna check myself with some outside perspective from you all. I know many of you are much more knowledgeable about typology than I am.

I always read about how SO many people are mistyped and I don't want to be foolishly prancing around life thinking I've got it all figured out.

Soo... any thoughts? I'm interested to hear them.
    My ENFP best friend is a 7, and she is distinctly different from you. Definitely could see 4 as a fit for you!

Idk if I could see you as a 2, nicolita. I know a couple of 2s, and they are very in-your-face with their helpfulness. You have a very tolerant but laidback vibe.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    My ENFP best friend is a 7, and she is distinctly different from you. Definitely could see 4 as a fit for you!

Idk if I could see you as a 2, nicolita. I know a couple of 2s, and they are very in-your-face with their helpfulness. You have a very tolerant but laidback vibe.
    I've really looked into it a lot, and I'm feeling pretty sure of my 2-ness. That laid back vibe might be because of the 9 in me. Any other kinda vibe you're thinking of when you say I could be a 4? Just curious : )

EDIT: Here's a little breakdown of 2v4 that I found that further convinced me that I'm a 2.

Twos tend to move toward others and engage them, sometimes excessively. Fours tend to withdraw from others, while hoping that others will seek them out. Twos look for people to rescue, Fours look for someone to rescue them. Twos are very aware of others' feelings, but tend to be unaware of their own motivations and needs. Fours are highly attuned to their own emotional states, but can fail to recognize their impact on others, and so forth.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I've really looked into it a lot, and I'm feeling pretty sure of my 2-ness. That laid back vibe might be because of the 9 in me. Any other kinda vibe you're thinking of when you say I could be a 4? Just curious : )

EDIT: Here's a little breakdown of 2v4 that I found that further convinced me that I'm a 2.

Twos tend to move toward others and engage them, sometimes excessively. Fours tend to withdraw from others, while hoping that others will seek them out. Twos look for people to rescue, Fours look for someone to rescue them. Twos are very aware of others' feelings, but tend to be unaware of their own motivations and needs. Fours are highly attuned to their own emotional states, but can fail to recognize their impact on others, and so forth.
    Fair dues! Maybe you're healthier than the 2s I know or maybe your ENFP-ness gives it a different flavor!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

749 now

All in favor say "aye"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I say NEIGH.

2w1 fit much more nicely imo. But that's only given my past experience of talking to you and you have been acting a lot less 2ish on here than you were initially and you're a little more responsive to affection than open about giving it, and I thought you were the latter when we first started talking. Maybe your sx-dom butt just seduced me.

I agree that, no matter how different they are on the whole, that your heart fix is probably either 2w1 or 4w5 though. You seem to have no connection to 3 at all or any need to be "good enough." Any desire for the limelight I see from you just seems ENFP/7ish in nature.

I think I contributed to this thread before about how I used to mistype as 7w6 - 4w3 - 9w1, so I think if you find that post you could read that. Other than that, I have nothing else to add.

Something I notice though, is that when someone changes their type their behavior changes along with it. This may even be true for me, you'd have to tell me since I've always felt the same since I've been on here minus some personal growth. I feel like TypeC, as much as I enjoy being here, can make it feel like your type - and consequently the way you behave - is under constant surveillance. And I know as a fellow FP all it is is just annoying to hear one of those damn "just be who you are" lectures because...damn we were hardwired to do that! haha but I'm gonna say that if your change in posting behavior isn't something that naturally occurred in you and you're not feeling comfortable with yourself on here, I'd just stop listening to what other people say and go with what you own gut says, because that's what will feel right.

That whole piece of advice though was just a precautionary measure though don't worry hah, I wouldn't ever doubt your sincerity Nic.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I say NEIGH.]

2w1 fit much more nicely imo. But that's only given my past experience of talking to you and you have been acting a lot less 2ish on here than you were initially and you're a little more responsive to affection than open about giving it, and I thought you were the latter when we first started talking. Maybe your sx-dom butt just seduced me.
    All very interesting. I think i come into new environments in an especially friendly way. I don't know anyone, and i'm usually interested in making friends and keeping the peace in the mean time. And i'm discovering people too, which i truly love to do. so i can be a bit more like "oh! you are really cool because x!" then, when i get more comfortable, i feel freer to just settle in and express myself. Also, at that point i feel better known and that i know people better, and i am less actively trying to establish friendships and more just hangin out. It feels more natural to me.

also, i was a lot less healthy when i joined too. is it possible that i was disintegrated and acting extra 2-ish? just thought of that actually.

I agree that, no matter how different they are on the whole, that your heart fix is probably either 2w1 or 4w5 though. You seem to have no connection to 3 at all or any need to be "good enough." Any desire for the limelight I see from you just seems ENFP/7ish in nature.
    Glad you agree with 4w5 > 4w3. I kinda felt weird because once i settled on 4, i just decided on 4w5 with not a lot of research. Reading about 749 as a tritype really helped put it into context for me, since i am still a strong 7.
    I think I contributed to this thread before about how I used to mistype as 7w6 - 4w3 - 9w1, so I think if you find that post you could read that. Other than that, I have nothing else to add.
    ohh i'll definitely look at that. i didn't remember that.
    Something I notice though, is that when someone changes their type their behavior changes along with it. This may even be true for me, you'd have to tell me since I've always felt the same since I've been on here minus some personal growth. I feel like TypeC, as much as I enjoy being here, can make it feel like your type - and consequently the way you behave - is under constant surveillance. And I know as a fellow FP all it is is just annoying to hear one of those damn "just be who you are" lectures because...damn we were hardwired to do that! haha but I'm gonna say that if your change in posting behavior isn't something that naturally occurred in you and you're not feeling comfortable with yourself on here, I'd just stop listening to what other people say and go with what you own gut says, because that's what will feel right.
    Yeah, exactly. I don't know that i'll never switch back to 2w1, but i hope if i do, i feel as integrated and comfortable as i do now. Or maybe even more so if i'm hoping, haha!

That whole piece of advice though was just a precautionary measure though don't worry hah, I wouldn't ever doubt your sincerity Nic.

thanks dude. i appreciate all of this.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Keep in mind that 2 integrates into 4 and 4 disintegrates into 2, so it would make sense for you to identify with both types. It's just a matter of looking at whether or not you feel like a 4 when you're thriving and on top of your game, or if you feel like a 2 when you're being stressed.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”