• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ and job choice and personal crisis/depression

MBTI Type
INFJ
deal all,
I guess there are many threads with a similar topic, but I'm so desperate I need to post it right now.
I've studied german literature and english, and have been working as an online editor until july, when I got so depressed I couldn't do anything. I have been on sick leave since then and I'm in a therapy and I'm seeing a psychiatrist. And I know my crisis has to do with my job. I gave all I could, 150% and all, but beeing creative under such pressure and without any positive feedback wore me out. All we got was negative feedback, and I was told I was too slow. I'm very perfectionistic, so things take me longer than they used to, but it's the way I work.

However, I'm really stuck. I thought about studying psychology and becoming a psychotherapist, but it's not possible here in Germany since I've already finished one master's degree. I somehow think that I need some kind of sense in a job, like helping people on a personal level, but I can't really see a way how to get there. I was just wondering if other infjs have had similar problems with their jobs and their way to finding what is meaningful to them. I'm sorry, I'm really depressed at the moment. All my creativity is completely gone :(. I also take medication, but I feel it has more to do with the crisi I'm in.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Have you thought about teaching? With a Masters couldn't you teach at a college level? You could teach English or German literature. If I'm not mistaken, the stress level would be a bit less.