User Tag List

Thread: INFJ and job choice and personal crisis/depression

Senior Member Array

Default INFJ and job choice and personal crisis/depression

deal all,
    I guess there are many threads with a similar topic, but I'm so desperate I need to post it right now.
    I've studied german literature and english, and have been working as an online editor until july, when I got so depressed I couldn't do anything. I have been on sick leave since then and I'm in a therapy and I'm seeing a psychiatrist. And I know my crisis has to do with my job. I gave all I could, 150% and all, but beeing creative under such pressure and without any positive feedback wore me out. All we got was negative feedback, and I was told I was too slow. I'm very perfectionistic, so things take me longer than they used to, but it's the way I work.

However, I'm really stuck. I thought about studying psychology and becoming a psychotherapist, but it's not possible here in Germany since I've already finished one master's degree. I somehow think that I need some kind of sense in a job, like helping people on a personal level, but I can't really see a way how to get there. I was just wondering if other infjs have had similar problems with their jobs and their way to finding what is meaningful to them. I'm sorry, I'm really depressed at the moment. All my creativity is completely gone . I also take medication, but I feel it has more to do with the crisi I'm in.

Have you thought about teaching? With a Masters couldn't you teach at a college level? You could teach English or German literature. If I'm not mistaken, the stress level would be a bit less.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese