User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default INFPS what's your reaction to an off handed insult?

Like for example someone not living up to their responsibility and you call them out on it. and They call you a bitch or whatever insult you want to use.

My reaction, is I just let it roll off my back. It takes a lot for me to be insulted, unless I'm having a bad day. You have to know which buttons to push, I think I have thick skin. I know I can take a lot of abuse and I have, I'm not one of those people that is too concerned with other's feelings. I am to a point, but I'm not going to feel sorry for you over your room mate eating your peanutbutter.

So how do you react when someone insults you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

In that situation, I'd be rolling my eyes internally. It's not hard for me to see where the origin of the insult is - their own ego or a real commentary on a flaw I have.

I am surprisingly harder to insult that one might guess. I've noticed in a few social situations that I took far less offense to teasing banter from guys than most other women. I can be sardonic and like when someone can take it. I don't dish out what I cannot take.

Real maliciousness or harsh criticism that hits a nerve tends to make me shut down. I'm stunned for a moment, then I feel a need to escape to process it alone. I may be angry or cut to the heart with shame. It depends on how close to the bone they get.

I think the issue with me is people sense I am sensitive, but it's often not to typical stuff & it's hard for others predict because they don't see the connection to some root feeling. This will leave people feeling like they're walking on eggshells when 99% of stuff is likely just fine with me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I will distance myself from such people since they show their inability to communicate in a civil manner.

Edit:

Oh -- just saw that it was for INFPs only.

Since my boyfriend is not on here, I guess I'll answer for him: he doesn't seem that bothered by insults, especially from strangers (like, for example, an online chess player who sends a 'FU' messages when they lose) It never ceases to amaze me
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

At first it would sting, then I would get really angry, but then I get over it pretty quickly.

All of this would happen over the course of about 30 seconds.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sx

My external reaction would be taking it silently, or saying "sorry," or I guess if I really know the person well, I might give a glare that says something like "really, you thought that was necessary?"

Internally, it depends. It would either roll right off without affecting me (most likely), or I'd just be disappointed because I made someone feel so negative towards me.

I should clarify that I don't swear, so if they're using strong language, there's a moment of shock there. It's not that I have a problem with people swearing, but the words will feel strong to me, especially if they're actually addressed to me.

MBTI
    yupp

apparently I made this thread and forgot about it. I went oh god another thread asking infps a question

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp

Depends on how severe the insult is.
    At best, i feel mildly annoyed. At worst, I react physically and start a fight.