• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: Male/Female differnces in Enneagram type

What's your type, ENFPs?

• Total voters

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hi there!
I thought it would be interesting to know the differences between female and male ENFPs in their Enneagram types. I suppose 2 is more common in women.
Please, only vote if you're ENFP.

Note: The poll is public..

Last edited:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess being man, or woman is not relevant for enneagram type. Just stereotypes, nothing more.:dry:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No 8 or 9? I mean it's rare but it could happen. :shrug: It would have been better to put every E-Type here just for good measure. We have an ENFP 8 here ourselves.

FWIW I'm a male 7.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are so many confounding variables here that both measures are practically useless.

The e-test site graph only will give you the amount of people who are interested in the e-test, took the e-test at that site, got whatever score they got, and self-identified as whatever gender and ENFP; this poll will only give you the amount of people who belong to this forum, saw your thread, voted, and happen to identify as whatever e-type and gender and ENFP...

I am all for information gathering and voted for the sake of it but just so that we are all clear as to what we are actually getting stats on.

:shrug:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
There are so many confounding variables here that both measures are practically useless.

The e-test site graph only will give you the amount of people who are interested in the e-test, took the e-test at that site, got whatever score they got, and self-identified as whatever gender and ENFP; this poll will only give you the amount of people who belong to this forum, saw your thread, voted, and happen to identify as whatever e-type and gender and ENFP...

I am all for information gathering and voted for the sake of it but just so that we are all clear as to what we are actually getting stats on.

Yeah you're right, that's why the type six-bar is smaller as it should be I suppose, but you have to admit that 12000 people are a huge amount of data for a statistic and as you see, more females than males made the test. But since the female type 2-bar is almost 3 times higher than the male bar you can state that more females tend to be 2s and also more 5s tend to be male according to the statistic.
If the vast majority gets a false result as their type, the test would be useless, but I don't think this is the case here.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I score Type 2 by far on that test, FWIW. I feel like many Feeler females may tend to do so.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
No 8 or 9? I mean it's rare but it could happen. It would have been better to put every E-Type here just for good measure. We have an ENFP 8 here ourselves.

FWIW I'm a male 7.

I don't think ENFP 8 is possible, because they differ to much from each other. Btw, it's possible to vote 9 here. ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think ENFP 8 is possible, because they differ to much from each other. Btw, it's possible to vote 9 here. ;)
[MENTION=18820]Dancing_Queen[/MENTION] I summon you once again!

S

Stansmith

It actually seems perfectly feasible. 8w7 sort of fits with the whole aggressive social activist stereotype given to the type. They'll be the type to really call people out on their bullshit whenever they're offended by something unethical.

Basically, they'd be like a more ethical, open-minded version of Tony Soprano (ESTJ 8w7 So/Sx)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course it's feasible.

Starry

I admit to originally having my suspicions regarding e8 ENFPs as well until I learned that one of my closest friends is in fact one. And it's real is all I can say. I also admit to thinking she was an ENTJ for quite few years prior...

Still I think most ENFP 8w7s are mistyped 7w8s that don't identify with the frivolous e7 descriptions.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Type 8 is basically all about domineering and controlling their environment and I can't imagine an ENFP to be this way. I may be wrong, but hey, that's only my oppinion.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 8 is basically all about domineering and controlling their environment and I can't imagine an ENFP to be this way. I may be wrong, but hey, that's only my oppinion.

Not necessarily "domineering;" just influencing, and controlling. Type 8 is a very common enneatype for my own MBTI, but type 8 INTJs still don't have the same aggressive, over the top quality as, say, an ENTJ 8. They make their opinions known and definitely don't let people push them around, though. I can see ENFPs being somewhat that way, though I'm sure they're relatively rare.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't see why not. granted, I don't exactly think it's common, but I feel like ENFPs are generally a much more assertive, capable type than most descriptions would have people believe (particularly once we've matured a bit and taken a healthy dosage of Te competence and organization). it's not uncommon for ENFPs (especially ENFP males) to bury their sensitivity and more "delicate" emotions and erupt angrily in response to a severe wrongdoing.

that said, I think most of the ENFP 8w7s are actually 7w8s, most of the ENFP 7w8s are actually 7w6s and most of the ENFP 7w6s are actually 6w7s (this is not necessarily directed at you. I don't know enough about you to say). the assertive, acquisitive aspects of 7 are typically understated in most 7 descriptions, which make them sound more like party animal goofballs who would rather please their friends and avoid confrontation for the sake of a good time than fervently go after what they want.
that said, 7w6 is typically pretty pleasant and amicable on the outside, but we're less weak and frivolous than we typically appear.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It actually seems perfectly feasible. 8w7 sort of fits with the whole aggressive social activist stereotype given to the type. They'll be the type to really call people out on their bullshit whenever they're offended by something unethical.
Basically, they'd be like a more ethical, open-minded version of Tony Soprano (ESTJ 8w7 So/Sx)

I would imagine an ENFP 8 would be more similar to King David from the Bible, John Brown (the abolitionist) or Kamina from Gurren Lagann

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I don't see why not. granted, I don't exactly think it's common, but I feel like ENFPs are generally a much more assertive, capable type than most descriptions would have people believe (particularly once we've matured a bit and taken a healthy dosage of Te competence and organization). it's not uncommon for ENFPs (especially ENFP males) to bury their sensitivity and more "delicate" emotions and erupt angrily in response to a severe wrongdoing.

that said, I think most of the ENFP 8w7s are actually 7w8s, most of the ENFP 7w8s are actually 7w6s and most of the ENFP 7w6s are actually 6w7s (this is not necessarily directed at you. I don't know enough about you to say). the assertive, acquisitive aspects of 7 are typically understated in most 7 descriptions, which make them sound more like party animal goofballs who would rather please their friends and avoid confrontation for the sake of a good time than fervently go after what they want.
that said, 7w6 is typically pretty pleasant and amicable on the outside, but we're less weak and frivolous than we typically appear.

I should have added it despite my own doubts. But since 8s are considered to be more authoritarian and bossy and typically go along with ExTJ types I just can't imagine that combination.
Btw, I know a ESTJ 8 girl and she is really worst of the worst! (Not to be generalizing)

Not necessarily "domineering;" just influencing, and controlling. Type 8 is a very common enneatype for my own MBTI, but type 8 INTJs still don't have the same aggressive, over the top quality as, say, an ENTJ 8. They make their opinions known and definitely don't let people push them around, though. I can see ENFPs being somewhat that way, though I'm sure they're relatively rare.

It's said in most descriptions that 8's basic desire is to control and lead others and since that collides with the ENFP's worldview which is kind of the "freedom for everyone" attitude (including me), ENFP 8s would probably not know how to behave or react to people in specific situatons.
Of course a lot of those enneagram descriptions are biased and I can only speak for myself, not for other ENFPs, but I'm not sure if I want 8s in the ENFP club.