• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Okay, please don't take this the wrong way...

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Sometimes gender differences are more due to the perception of the observer rather than an actual difference among the people involved. For example, INTJ women are often said to be more noticeably agressive or cold than INTJ men, when in reality this is due to society's dictation that women should be softer, so the coldness is less accepted in the women and therefore more noticeable. The same could be said of other men/women differences, like how men are 'supposed' to behave more T than F, so a male F is more noticeable than a female F.

Oh yes, that's a great point! I can see that happening. A male and a female who act the same and are the same type, yet one stands out because of their difference from a gender norm.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Yes, I agree with Aerithria. People often see what they want to see and exaggerate the characteristics that suit their attitudes.

When people are anonymous, the gender roles disappear. I am very often mistaken for a male when discussing online, though I can't call myself very masculine. :D

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, I agree with Aerithria. People often see what they want to see and exaggerate the characteristics that suit their attitudes.

When people are anonymous, the gender roles disappear. I am very often mistaken for a male when discussing online, though I can't call myself very masculine. :D

Ditto.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get pinned as male too when my gender is undetermined.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was curious as to whether or not NF types actually express themselves differently than NT types. Or do they exhibit the same behaviors but act for different reasons? In other words, do they come to similar conclusions through different means, or do they come to totally different conclusions?
I think two comparably intelligent people, who have similar values will come to similar conclusions, regardless of their MBTI type. I find myself coming to the same conclusions about things with, lol, more NT's than I do with NF's, how we arrived at these conclusions probably was achieved by different means.

Perfect example: I intellectually refute the plausibility of there existing a God, yet it is my deeply held moral beliefs that lead me to scoff at the mere mentioning of a benign, omniscient God. Horrible things happen to innocent people and animals all day and everyday, not for any "divine cosmic reason", but because of bad luck, (on their behalves), and the ultimate fact that Nature does not give a fuck about it's constituent members, it is neutral and just is what it is, and does what it does.

Related to another thread on here: Do NF males exhibit different behavior than NF females?
Uh, yessum!!!

The ENFP males I come across these boards, I hardly even relate to, like, I mean, at all.

Or do all NFs and NTs act differently regardless of gender?
I am a big proponent of the biological differences inherent to the sexes.

I would venture to say, that in general and overall, there is a difference in the way NF and NT characteristics are manifested between the two sexes.

Oh, and hi Carolyn!!! :bye:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think two comparably intelligent people, who have similar values will come to similar conclusions, regardless of their MBTI type. I find myself coming to the same conclusions about things with, lol, more NT's than I do with NF's, how we arrived at these conclusions probably was achieved by different means.

Perfect example: I intellectually refute the plausibility of there existing a God, yet it is my deeply held moral beliefs that lead me to scoff at the mere mentioning of a benign, omniscient God. Horrible things happen to innocent people and animals all day and everyday, not for any "divine cosmic reason", but because of bad luck, (on their behalves), and the ultimate fact that Nature does not give a fuck about it's constituent members, it is neutral and just is what it is, and does what it does.

Uh, yessum!!!

The ENFP males I come across these boards, I hardly even relate to, like, I mean, at all.

I am a big proponent of the biological differences inherent to the sexes.

I would venture to say, that in general and overall, there is a difference in the way NF and NT characteristics are manifested between the two sexes.

Oh, and hi Carolyn!!! :bye:

Hiya!!! Thank you for your impressions...it's interesting to see that you have a lot in common with NTs. Quite honestly, I am not certain as I have not had that much experience with typing yet. I know I get along famously with a student of mine who also happens to be interested in the MBTI, and he's an ENTP. But surely one cannot base a conclusion on one example. ( I would love to find out what type my husband is, but he baffles me!!!) :happy:

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on many things I have read and comments I have heard I have a masculine way of thinking, expressing thoughts, etc. (I am female.) I think this is more nature than nurture, because my mother tried very hard to change this. I think this is because I am T and F seems to be more common for female.

Compaired to men I know that are T, I don't really see a huge difference between myself and them personality wise.

As far as expressing emotions - that was the original question right - I am generally not very expressive. I am very emotional though, it just doesn't usually show. When emotions do come out, they tend to be very loud and raw.

Ilah