User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: INFJ?

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    But we are both fours so expression of feeling is important. That needs to be taken into consideration.

On a different note, this goes back to what @Seymour said. If you take a regular mbti test, not a cognitive function one, what's your result in order of strengths? For example I get INFP, but based on the percentages of my preferences, it comes out FIPN. This says to me that feeling is far more important to me than intuition.

My results, so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Here's the quiz. I think it's pretty good as far as these things go:

http://16typequiz.com/quiz.html

(Oh and I watched your video. I lean ENFP for your type. You do the 'thinking the possibilities out loud' thing that I said was the way Ne converses.)
    Today I was pretty assured I am an INFP. At school we have the lesson called "Psychology of communication" and we did a personality test at the end of the lesson. It wasn't an MBTI test, but the ressults were pretty similar. Different types of people, based on different styles of communication with their own selves and their traditions/social groups. I came out as "Spontaneous child type" ... Our professor analyzed every single test and based on my results he said that I am: highly creative, imaginative, spontaneous and also extremly sensitive and emotional. He also said I am slightly an intovert, which can be a problem for my high emotionality to express itself. I think this is basicly what being an INFP means... but I did the test from your link and you know what? this always happens to me and it just proove how tests suck... Your Preferences:
    Introversion (I): ||||||||||| 42.42%
    Extroversion (E): |||||||||||||| 57.58%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||||||| 85.29%
    Sensation (S): |||| 14.71%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||| 51.72%
    Feeling (F): |||||||||||| 48.28%

Judging (J): | 3.57%
    Perceiving (P): |||||||||||||||||||||||| 96.43%

I always score as ENTP in this kinds of tests...

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Today I was pretty assured I am an INFP. At school we have the lesson called "Psychology of communication" and we did a personality test at the end of the lesson. It wasn't an MBTI test, but the ressults were pretty similar. Different types of people, based on different styles of communication with their own selves and their traditions/social groups. I came out as "Spontaneous child type" ... Our professor analyzed every single test and based on my results he said that I am: highly creative, imaginative, spontaneous and also extremly sensitive and emotional. He also said I am slightly an intovert, which can be a problem for my high emotionality to express itself. I think this is basicly what being an INFP means... but I did the test from your link and you know what? this always happens to me and it just proove how tests suck... Your Preferences:
    Introversion (I): ||||||||||| 42.42%
    Extroversion (E): |||||||||||||| 57.58%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||||||| 85.29%
    Sensation (S): |||| 14.71%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||| 51.72%
    Feeling (F): |||||||||||| 48.28%

Judging (J): | 3.57%
    Perceiving (P): |||||||||||||||||||||||| 96.43%

I always score as ENTP in this kinds of tests...
    Spontaneous child type sounds more ENFP than INFP to me, honestly. Like I said, you're a 4w3, so you're emotional, sensitive and withdrawn which would make you a more introverted and emotional ENFP. I wonder what I would get on that test...

The results of the test I gave you reads PNET, or perceiving-intuitive-extroverted-thinking. Sounds like dominant extroverted perceiving to me (ENXP). You probably use your tertiary function, Te, a lot. It's kind of how I am lowest in N due to my use of my Si.

But I'm not going to tell you what type you are. I'm just saying what I get from the information you posted.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a ENTP, no way I can watch 22 minutes of a video, I see nothing definitive that makes me think one over the other. INFJs are the least J like of all the J types, your cognitive function stack sure points to INFP, looks wise I would say INFP but it's not like that's a science. No INFJ would wanna be an INFJ so that fact that you're not sure doesn't really help, if you SWORE you were an INFJ I'd be more likely to think you were an INFP (I know this didn't make sense but it did to me so back let it go).

Ahhhhh, flip a coin maybe?

Fi is a mystery to me for sure! Honestly, I would peg NFPs as the most varied of the MBTI types in terms of how they present. Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!

I haven't contributed shit have I? Damn, sorry /:

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I'm a ENTP, no way I can watch 22 minutes of a video, I see nothing definitive that makes me think one over the other. INFJs are the least J like of all the J types, your cognitive function stack sure points to INFP, looks wise I would say INFP but it's not like that's a science. No INFJ would wanna be an INFJ so that fact that you're not sure doesn't really help, if you SWORE you were an INFJ I'd be more likely to think you were an INFP (I know this didn't make sense but it did to me so back let it go).

Ahhhhh, flip a coin maybe?

Fi is a mystery to me for sure! Honestly, I would peg NFPs as the most varied of the MBTI types in terms of how they present. Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!

I haven't contributed shit have I? Damn, sorry /:
    Okay I understand, that you can't watch video that long ... I wouldn't either, it's a problem for me to hold my attention still for longer than 10 minutes maybe... Of Course only if I am not doing something extremely interesting. Then I can hold my attention for longer time, than most of the people . But I don't understand your point about virginity, or vegetarianism... I don't think it has to do anything with the real type ... Well I am a normal 20 years old girl and I am not a virgin, even though I lost my virginity pretty late compared to other girls my age. And yes I am a vegetarian, but does it make necessarily an INFP? And I can't swore, that I am an INFJ if I am not sure of it...I might be and might not be an INFJ.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    4w3s are rare.
    I wouldnt say so, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm thinking ENFP. But I would have to watch more of the video to be sure. My very first impression of you was ExFP and that was from some early posts you made. from your photos and facial expressions [I actually think that mannerisms can be a clue, not a tell all, but certainly a clue. I suppose it's what a lot of people call a vibe.] STILL, I will need to watch more of your video when I have the time. As for now, thus far, I'm thinking ENFP. Also, the results from your other test DO sound very ENFP like to me.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Well...It's a bit hard for me to admit I am an ENFP, 'cause all the people I've ever felt close to are typed as INFPs (I mean musicians, artists). It's not just like I can like a few INFPs, it's like all the music and all peotry I've ever heard and read as the most personal and most close to what I feel/think is all made by INFPs.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!
    You've got to be kidding me.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Well...It's a bit hard for me to admit I am an ENFP, 'cause all the people I've ever felt close to are typed as INFPs (I mean musicians, artists). It's not just like I can like a few INFPs, it's like all the music and all peotry I've ever heard and read as the most personal and most close to what I feel/think is all made by INFPs.
    If it's any consolation one of my favorite musicians, and many of my favorite writers and directors are likely INFJs. And they all speak to me personally, and I feel very close to all of them. Different cognitive functions don't mean you don't have a similar heart

I would add several ISFPs and ENFPs to this list, too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You've got to be kidding me.
    Well, the vegetarian thing is a pretty common INFP joke, it's one of those funny cause it's true kind of things. I have known/met exactly 6 virgins (in the past 5 years) over the age of 30, all have been INFPs, must just be a coincident though so I will scratch that one from my list and chalk it up to chance.