User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Default How is it possible that I'm INFP

... I get so upset when people constantly talk about their failing relationships, and when people go through the same cycles of abusive relationships. Whenever I log onto facebook this is pretty much constant catty little insults to people's past lovers. I feel absolutely no empathy at all for those people. How is it that I could be a healer? Aren't healers supposed to enjoy this type of thing?

Stansmith

Totally in line with Fi.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Is there somewhere where I can read up on Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    ... I get so upset when people constantly talk about their failing relationships, and when people go through the same cycles of abusive relationships. Whenever I log onto facebook this is pretty much constant catty little insults to people's past lovers. I feel absolutely no empathy at all for those people. How is it that I could be a healer? Aren't healers supposed to enjoy this type of thing?
    Healers/INFPs have little time for what they perceive to be overblown drama. That doesn't mean you're uncaring or insensitive to those people's feelings. I can totally relate to you on this and I've heard/read similar things from other INFPs.

I think we're more affected by grave injustices and suffering, so these sorts of relationship troubles tend to seem trivial by comparison.

Do you follow a lot of political-ish pages and groups on facebook? I do and I find myself getting far more upset and worked up about the things posted in those groups than I ever do over Cindy or Bobby's problems with their significant other or the person that looked at them the wrong way in their high school class.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    Is there somewhere where I can read up on Fi?
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Co...ed-Feeling.cfm

As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in.
    Basically, people's bullshit drama and relationship troubles have little to do with whatever you value or believe in. Am I right? There is no shame in feeling this way. I'm not saying People's social problems aren't important, but you shouldn't feel bad for not caring more about it.

It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
    this is why you probably don't care too much about your friends' posts about their day-to-day drama. Now, if someone posted that they were having the shit beat out of them by their spouse/lover, something tells me you might suddenly care A LOT and perhaps feel a desire to intervene or support that person in some way. Am I right?

MBTI
    yupp

How are you human? because that's what happens when you're mommy and daddy procreated and formed you.

actually I relate tons and tons to what you're saying

[]

this is amurrica. gawd made me!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    this is amurrica. gawd made me!
    i know the difference between your and you're i just posted in haste. And that was totally unessceray yes i'm misspelling on purpose, too piss you off