MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default The Wolf of the Woods!

I am the Wolf of the Woods!
    Here me sing beautifully of my written goods!
    Long I've followed my intuition,
    So that you may enjoy my literary invention!
    I create worlds in which my characters toil,
    So the forces of evil don't squash goodness into the soil!
    Wolves are basically good,
    But they are so often misunderstood!
    I choose a name wrongly imbued with such ire,
    So I may inspire those who desire to write tales of fire!

—The Wolf of the Woods
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I am the Wolf of the Woods!
    Here me sing beautifully of my written goods!
    Long I've followed my intuition,
    So that you may enjoy my literary invention!
    I create worlds in which my characters toil,
    So the forces of evil don't squash goodness into the soil!
    Wolves are basically good,
    But they are so often misunderstood!
    I choose a name wrongly imbued with such ire,
    So I may inspire those who desire to write tales of fire!

—The Wolf of the Woods
    What do you guys think? @Lady X @nicolita @Starry @The Great One @PeaceBaby @Southern Kross @Elfboy @Typh0n
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Many days, it feels like I get on here to ramble and pass the time…

Anyway, The Wolf of the Woods is my pen name…
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

Young, busy ENFP. I must run some errands and I will return MQ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey sweets...as you know i responded in pm but for sure glad to see ya writing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hey sweets...as you know i responded in pm but for sure glad to see ya writing.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

How long have you been writing MQ?

I started writing poetry when I was around your age... And now after many years of contests and judging I can tell you that I think you are on your way. Just keep writing and writing and writing... and take risks with your words. Toss them all up in the air a string them together in some strange new way over and over ...and watch what emerges as you age and mature.

I am reminded of Dr. Seuss. Countless people over...what? the last 50 years or so...have read his stories and have made the mistake of assuming writing verse or poetry or children's stories would be an easy under-taking... only to discover just how challenging it truly is (<-I've read about this 'Dr. Seuss phenomenon' but I've actually met a person irl that reported thinking a similar thing.) And while I do not know how much of anything can be attributed to 'natural talent'... no one wakes up one day and simply writes "Green Eggs and Ham."

Our styles are seemingly a bit different and my memory is poor but I think you are ahead of where I believe I was at your age. And I expect you to keep that a constant as we move forward in time. It's all in the risks

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    How long have you been writing MQ?

I started writing poetry when I was around your age... And now after many years of contests and judging I can tell you that I think you are on your way. Just keep writing and writing and writing... and take risks with your words. Toss them all up in the air a string them together in some strange new way over and over ...and watch what emerges as you age and mature.

I am reminded of Dr. Seuss. Countless people over...what? the last 50 years or so...have read his stories and have made the mistake of assuming writing verse or poetry or children's stories would be an easy under-taking... only to discover just how challenging it truly is (<-I've read about this 'Dr. Seuss phenomenon' but I've actually met a person irl that reported thinking a similar thing.) And while I do not know how much of anything can be attributed to 'natural talent'... no one wakes up one day and simply writes "Green Eggs and Ham."

Our styles are seemingly a bit different and my memory is poor but I think you are ahead of where I believe I was at your age. And I expect you to keep that a constant as we move forward in time. It's all in the risks
    I have been writing since middle school, and I have won multiple awards. I have also won awards for my paintings and sculptures.
    I've wanted to learn music, too, but I've devoted so much time to perfecting my other crafts, it's something I'll need to learn later...

Quite simply, I love to create...
    My mother and step-father are very unsupportive though.
    My step-father calls me horrible and hits me just to do so...
    And my mother says creative types are very common and I am just average and should pursue a conventional career...
    It really warms my heart that you think I'm good.

I have my awards, but to hear somebody tell me directly how good I am...
    That is worth something...

I just ate a pizza. I love pizza...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

I have been writing since middle school, and I have won multiple awards. I have also won awards for my paintings and sculptures.
    I've wanted to learn music, too, but I've devoted so much time to perfecting my other crafts, it's something I'll need to learn later...

Quite simply, I love to create...
    My mother and step-father are very unsupportive though.
    My step-father calls me horrible and hits me just to do so...
    And my mother says creative types are very common and I am just average and should pursue a conventional career...
    It really warms my heart that you think I'm good.

I have my awards, but to hear somebody tell me directly how good I am...
    That is worth something...

I just ate a pizza. I love pizza...
    I keep coming back to this...like 3 times in the last half-hour because I know there's something I want to say but the words are escaping me.

I know I wanted to tell you that I too love pizza - that was one of the main points I wanted to touch on...

And I think the other thing is just...try not to put too much stock into what other people say...positive or negative...with regards to your work. I know that will be a little more challenging for a so-dom...but it's true that the only opinion that matters is your own. <-you know, we're all spoonfed that adage from such an early age...as if merely hearing it over and over will allow for the absorption of that message in an environment where most of the signs and symbols seem to render it absolutely false. Still, it is true. It is a call to operate entirely on your own instincts and produce work that is pure and unadulterated by the opinions of others and subsequently your own ego.

There were two times at my former place of employment that I entered a national poetry contest representing them...not myself as an individual but them...and there was a large cash prize to be had which was to be given as scholarships to low income individuals (<-which is the only reason I did it because most of the people I worked with sucked-ass.) On the day of the submission many of my ass-sucking co-workers asked to see my poem...And I can still see all the looks of horror in my mind. The looks of disgust, of no confidence or just plain confusion. I mean, the ESFJs and ISFJs weren't even playing it off in front of me and then talking about me behind my back like they did with my clothes... No, in front of me they were unable to hide how much they disliked my work. But I submitted it...and blew the fricken contest out of the water. Of every contest I've entered and award I've taken...this I won by the largest margin. Promise me you will never listen to your mom or step-dad or me or anyone else's opinion. Ever. Go on instinct alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I keep coming back to this...like 3 times in the last half-hour because I know there's something I want to say but the words are escaping me.

I know I wanted to tell you that I too love pizza - that was one of the main points I wanted to touch on...

And I think the other thing is just...try not to put too much stock into what other people say...positive or negative...with regards to your work. I know that will be a little more challenging for a so-dom...but it's true that the only opinion that matters is your own. <-you know, we're all spoonfed that adage from such an early age...as if merely hearing it over and over will allow for the absorption of that message in an environment where most of the signs and symbols seem to render it absolutely false. Still, it is true. It is a call to operate entirely on your own instincts and produce work that is pure and unadulterated by the opinions of others and subsequently your own ego.

There were two times at my former place of employment that I entered a national poetry contest representing them...not myself as an individual but them...and there was a large cash prize to be had which was to be given as scholarships to low income individuals (<-which is the only reason I did it because most of the people I worked with sucked-ass.) On the day of the submission many of my ass-sucking co-workers asked to see my poem...And I can still see all the looks of horror in my mind. The looks of disgust, of no confidence or just plain confusion. I mean, the ESFJs and ISFJs weren't even playing it off in front of me and then talking about me behind my back like they did with my clothes... No, in front of me they were unable to hide how much they disliked my work. But I submitted it...and blew the fricken contest out of the water. Of every contest I've entered and award I've taken...this I won by the largest margin. Promise me you will never listen to your mom or step-dad or me or anyone else's opinion. Ever. Go on instinct alone.
    I promise.
    I will be using the pen name The Wolf of the Woods.
    My desire to create gives me another reason to teach--if creative types truly are common, I need a steady job with lots of time off I can use to support myself until I write or paint something notable. My mother hasn't stopped me, but she has influenced me to have a safety net in place...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan