• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs are cute, warm and bubly people....

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Am I the onle one who can't stand this stereotypical description? It seems like most of the characeristics of NF types view us like that... That was the reason why I had some hard time relating to being an NF, but now I actually realised something. A lot of us actually seem to have some depression, anxiety, or emotonality issues, but do you express it around others? I realised, that around others I really am nice, warm, cute and bubly.. So are we these types of people, who despite how troubled they can be inside, we always be nice and warm and others will forever see us that way?

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we can either come across as being warm, bubbly, and nice (and with that, sometimes generally annoying) like you said, or troubled, depressed, etc. Both stereotypes bother me. I think a lot of times we just don't know how to describe the complex emotions we feel on a regular basis, so the way we describe it or the way it comes across are in simple words such as the ones you just mentioned.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm warm and bubbly like a pissed off porcupine. :wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah you infjs haha porcupines will let you hold them...if you do it juuust right tho.

i used to have a hedgehog cutest lil funny faces....wait...will porcupines let you hold them? or was i confusing that with hedgehogs?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People who cannot see passed the initial bubbles tend have several of the following options happen to them:

a) Nothing. I just let them think what they like and slide out of my life
b) Underestimate me in every way and get shafted in the end by their own misgivings - some of them even blame me for their lack of insights ( 'YOU played me!!') - when they were looking to manipulate me by abusing my assumed naiveté, innocence or supposed lack of intelligence and I didn't live up to their 'expectations') :shrug:
c) I actively lift the veil of lightheartedness and startle/shock them in just a split second to give them pause and a second go at their 'first impression' of me
d) They are important enough to me to take the time to show vulnerability, remove the lightheartedness to replace it with a calm seriousness and wait for their response.

Tbh, I expect at least some effort from people to realize that I aint one dimensional :shrug:

Call me high-maintenance or idealistic, but there you have it. No offence, but you're an idiot if you don't realise there is more to me than fucking bubbles. So no, we are not those people. We are so much more than that, but it is often that that people want to see as it is easy, pleasant and doesn't mean they have put in more effort or deal with obstacles.

It is like calling all NTs coldhearted bastards or if you wanna stick with positive stereotypes 'brilliant people'. There is *so* much more to any one NT that it is ridiculous to reduce them to a card-board cut out.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most enfps are very cute and bubbly people. Yes they have their less bubbly moments And then they become warm and loving. They have a serious side also, but that's usually when there is some goal to accomplish. To pull them back into bubbly or warm and loving is a piece of cake. Just what I have noticed throughout my life.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Heh... I think this "stereotypical description" is more suited to SFs (no offense to any here). The NFs I know tend to be more balanced if you will with their thinking/feeling but that may be due to being more intuitive (long range thinking and thoughts rather than "in the moment" sensing so to speak). In either case... NFs can be cute/bubbly and such but most do have a perverse sense of humor (ENFP cousin tends to joke about sex all the time and an ENFJ I know tends to be flirtatious/advancing although this may be due to other factors as well...). Anyone want to add on to this that maybe SFs with their "in the moment" complimentary type of making you feel better mentality may be a tad bit more "cute/bubbly" than the NF's idealistic type feeling? :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am so INFP it hurts, but I am not bubbly, and I've been called an asshole irl a few times. So I'm a cranky NF Asshole, but I am adorable sorry

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am so INFP it hurts, but I am not bubbly, and I've been called an asshole irl a few times. So I'm a cranky NF Asshole, but I am adorable sorry

I'd say you are more of a big, red, furry fox with a long fluffy tail. Everything else simply does not fit…

(XD Please don't take this as offensive, as it was meant to be taken lightly!)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm pretty friendly most of the time, but I've have moments where I can be very harsh and confrontational.
Don't give me bourbon.:dry:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'd say you are more of a big, red, furry fox with a long fluffy tail. Everything else simply does not fit…

(XD Please don't take this as offensive, as it was meant to be taken lightly!)

I didn't

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the onle one who can't stand this stereotypical description? It seems like most of the characeristics of NF types view us like that... That was the reason why I had some hard time relating to being an NF, but now I actually realised something. A lot of us actually seem to have some depression, anxiety, or emotonality issues, but do you express it around others? I realised, that around others I really am nice, warm, cute and bubly.. So are we these types of people, who despite how troubled they can be inside, we always be nice and warm and others will forever see us that way?

It gets under my skin, too. There seems to be a polarized stereotype of NFs - that we're all fluffy, rainbows-and-glitter airheads or brooding, melancholic dreamers. There may be a grain of truth there, but shallow perspectives are rarely accurate ones.

I have definitely struggled with anxiety and depression throughout much of my life. The depression was generally situational and has ebbed away, but I've come to realize that anxiety will always be one of my real challenges. Having said that, I hate feeling the fear there just as much as I hate feeling down, and I think it shows in my interactions with others. At least initially, I prefer keeping things light and entertaining...which often reads as hyper and scattered. Fortunately, everyone who meets me learns very quickly that I'm no moron.

In either case... NFs can be cute/bubbly and such but most do have a perverse sense of humor (ENFP cousin tends to joke about sex all the time and an ENFJ I know tends to be flirtatious/advancing although this may be due to other factors as well...).

Ohhhh, yes. I'm renowned for my dirty mind, and all kinds of proud of it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It gets under my skin, too. There seems to be a polarized stereotype of NFs - that we're all fluffy, rainbows-and-glitter airheads or brooding, melancholic dreamers. There may be a grain of truth there, but shallow perspectives are rarely accurate ones.

I have definitely struggled with anxiety and depression throughout much of my life. The depression was generally situational and has ebbed away, but I've come to realize that anxiety will always be one of my real challenges. Having said that, I hate feeling the fear there just as much as I hate feeling down, and I think it shows in my interactions with others. At least initially, I prefer keeping things light and entertaining...which often reads as hyper and scattered. Fortunately, everyone who meets me learns very quickly that I'm no moron.

Ohhhh, yes. I'm renowned for my dirty mind, and all kinds of proud of it.

I prefer the light over the deep pit of self-loathing, but it is the place I always return...

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I prefer the light over the deep pit of self-loathing, but it is the place I always return...

I haven't experienced true, consistent self-loathing in years, but I remember what a terrible place it was. :cry:

Do not want.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't experienced true, consistent self-loathing in years, but I remember what a terrible place it was. :cry:

Do not want.

I've been living in consistent self-loathing for years and years now... The worst part about it is, that when I look at my life it's not bad in anyway. I am pretty succeful at school, I have friends, hobbies... But the self-loathing makes everything seems 1000times harder and more complicated and being satisfied seems imposible. My life would be a piace of sweet cherry cake with smiley faces all around if I wouldn't be experiencing this... I know only I make all of my troubles, tensions and anxieties, but I can't get rid of this habbit..

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] - I eventually reached a point (probably thanks to the combined effects of naturally occurring anxiety and repeated bad experiences) whereat I consciously made the decision that enough was enough. I wasn't going to hate myself anymore. I was going to be proactive, opportunistic, and approach life's "setbacks" as mere challenges that could be utilized to my advantage and...conquered, in a way. It's worked for me.

Not to steer the thread away from NFs, but what you describe seems at though it may (also) be related to your enneagram core.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] - I eventually reached a point (probably thanks to the combined effects of naturally occurring anxiety and repeated bad experiences) whereat I consciously made the decision that enough was enough. I wasn't going to hate myself anymore. I was going to be proactive, opportunistic, and approach life's "setbacks" as mere challenges that could be utilized to my advantage and...conquered, in a way. It's worked for me.

Not to steer the thread away from NFs, but what you describe seems at though it may (also) be related to your enneagram core.

I actually would love to reach that point as well... It's easier said, than done. I've felt like reaching it many times before, but one can't get rid of a habbit so easily. You're very right, that my issues are probably enneagram related, I am aware of it. I haven't reached the point of managing my enneargam impulses yet.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually would love to reach that point as well... It's easier said, than done. I've felt like reaching it many times before, but one can't get rid of a habbit so easily. You're very right, that my issues are probably enneagram related, I am aware of it. I haven't reached the point of managing my enneargam impulses yet.

Yeah, it is way easier said than done. Now that I've sort of reached an equilibrium, I still find that a lot of my 7 issues dominate my thoughts. Even the way I've attacked my anxieties (by shutting them out and focusing on the fun stuff instead) is 7 all over, buuuuut at least I feel tons better in an average range of health as opposed to the lower levels.

Best of luck - it's hard, but possible.