User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I am so INFP it hurts, but I am not bubbly, and I've been called an asshole irl a few times. So I'm a cranky NF Asshole, but I am adorable sorry
    I'd say you are more of a big, red, furry fox with a long fluffy tail. Everything else simply does not fit…

    (XD Please don't take this as offensive, as it was meant to be taken lightly!)
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  2. #12
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    I'm pretty friendly most of the time, but I've have moments where I can be very harsh and confrontational.
    Don't give me bourbon.

  3. #13
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I'd say you are more of a big, red, furry fox with a long fluffy tail. Everything else simply does not fit…

    (XD Please don't take this as offensive, as it was meant to be taken lightly!)
    I didn't

  4. #14
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Am I the onle one who can't stand this stereotypical description? It seems like most of the characeristics of NF types view us like that... That was the reason why I had some hard time relating to being an NF, but now I actually realised something. A lot of us actually seem to have some depression, anxiety, or emotonality issues, but do you express it around others? I realised, that around others I really am nice, warm, cute and bubly.. So are we these types of people, who despite how troubled they can be inside, we always be nice and warm and others will forever see us that way?
    It gets under my skin, too. There seems to be a polarized stereotype of NFs - that we're all fluffy, rainbows-and-glitter airheads or brooding, melancholic dreamers. There may be a grain of truth there, but shallow perspectives are rarely accurate ones.

    I have definitely struggled with anxiety and depression throughout much of my life. The depression was generally situational and has ebbed away, but I've come to realize that anxiety will always be one of my real challenges. Having said that, I hate feeling the fear there just as much as I hate feeling down, and I think it shows in my interactions with others. At least initially, I prefer keeping things light and entertaining...which often reads as hyper and scattered. Fortunately, everyone who meets me learns very quickly that I'm no moron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    In either case... NFs can be cute/bubbly and such but most do have a perverse sense of humor (ENFP cousin tends to joke about sex all the time and an ENFJ I know tends to be flirtatious/advancing although this may be due to other factors as well...).
    Ohhhh, yes. I'm renowned for my dirty mind, and all kinds of proud of it.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

  5. #15
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    It gets under my skin, too. There seems to be a polarized stereotype of NFs - that we're all fluffy, rainbows-and-glitter airheads or brooding, melancholic dreamers. There may be a grain of truth there, but shallow perspectives are rarely accurate ones.

    I have definitely struggled with anxiety and depression throughout much of my life. The depression was generally situational and has ebbed away, but I've come to realize that anxiety will always be one of my real challenges. Having said that, I hate feeling the fear there just as much as I hate feeling down, and I think it shows in my interactions with others. At least initially, I prefer keeping things light and entertaining...which often reads as hyper and scattered. Fortunately, everyone who meets me learns very quickly that I'm no moron.



    Ohhhh, yes. I'm renowned for my dirty mind, and all kinds of proud of it.
    I prefer the light over the deep pit of self-loathing, but it is the place I always return...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  6. #16
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I prefer the light over the deep pit of self-loathing, but it is the place I always return...
    I haven't experienced true, consistent self-loathing in years, but I remember what a terrible place it was.

    Do not want.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    I haven't experienced true, consistent self-loathing in years, but I remember what a terrible place it was.

    Do not want.
    I've been living in consistent self-loathing for years and years now... The worst part about it is, that when I look at my life it's not bad in anyway. I am pretty succeful at school, I have friends, hobbies... But the self-loathing makes everything seems 1000times harder and more complicated and being satisfied seems imposible. My life would be a piace of sweet cherry cake with smiley faces all around if I wouldn't be experiencing this... I know only I make all of my troubles, tensions and anxieties, but I can't get rid of this habbit..

  8. #18
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    @Polly - I eventually reached a point (probably thanks to the combined effects of naturally occurring anxiety and repeated bad experiences) whereat I consciously made the decision that enough was enough. I wasn't going to hate myself anymore. I was going to be proactive, opportunistic, and approach life's "setbacks" as mere challenges that could be utilized to my advantage and...conquered, in a way. It's worked for me.

    Not to steer the thread away from NFs, but what you describe seems at though it may (also) be related to your enneagram core.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    @Polly - I eventually reached a point (probably thanks to the combined effects of naturally occurring anxiety and repeated bad experiences) whereat I consciously made the decision that enough was enough. I wasn't going to hate myself anymore. I was going to be proactive, opportunistic, and approach life's "setbacks" as mere challenges that could be utilized to my advantage and...conquered, in a way. It's worked for me.

    Not to steer the thread away from NFs, but what you describe seems at though it may (also) be related to your enneagram core.
    I actually would love to reach that point as well... It's easier said, than done. I've felt like reaching it many times before, but one can't get rid of a habbit so easily. You're very right, that my issues are probably enneagram related, I am aware of it. I haven't reached the point of managing my enneargam impulses yet.

  10. #20
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I actually would love to reach that point as well... It's easier said, than done. I've felt like reaching it many times before, but one can't get rid of a habbit so easily. You're very right, that my issues are probably enneagram related, I am aware of it. I haven't reached the point of managing my enneargam impulses yet.
    Yeah, it is way easier said than done. Now that I've sort of reached an equilibrium, I still find that a lot of my 7 issues dominate my thoughts. Even the way I've attacked my anxieties (by shutting them out and focusing on the fun stuff instead) is 7 all over, buuuuut at least I feel tons better in an average range of health as opposed to the lower levels.

    Best of luck - it's hard, but possible.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] enfj and reading people
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 07:13 PM
  2. Humor and the people you are close to.
    By King sns in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
  3. [NF] NF's and reading people, social settings and emotions
    By alcea rosea in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
  4. [NF] NFs: are you boring?
    By MacGuffin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
  5. Has anyone read How To Win Friends and Influence People-what are your thoughts?
    By ladypinkington in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO