• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dear {personality type} ...

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Dad ESFJ,

You're not so bad.

Thanks for always supporting me/rooting me on no matter what, you never gave up on me even at my worst.

Yeah, sometimes you pressure me a bit too much, and you can be a bit hypocritical.

But, I know I can be as well,and yes sometimes I do need a push.

Even though you don't show it much, I know you'll always be on my side.

-Your lazy piece of shit kid

Dear INFP,

Truth is, I really don't get you, how can you see stuff that way?

I know I scold you for being so naive, but in reality it's because I'm jealous that you still get to go through life unscathed, why do you get to remain so innocent and optimistic, while I get to become so bitter?
Why does your innocence remain intact, while mine had long been beat out of me by the time I was your age?
It's not fair...

I know, you don't like your optimism, I know you want to be cynical and life hardened, but that's not a good thing to be, and honestly, sweetheart you'll never become that way no matter how hard you try.

So stop.

Your innocence is a rare and beautiful thing, there are not enough people like you in this miserable hell hole, embrace it and nourish it, don't try to make yourself into someone you're not, you're strong enough in your own weird way already.

Even though I'm jealous, I hope no one ever hurts you, I hope your innocence remains intact for as long as you live, and I promise I will try my hardest to protect you from all of the fucked up shit in this world, I will not let you get this way.
Most of all, I won't be the one who shoots you down anymore, I'll try my hardest not to corrupt your perspective with my own.I am sorry for doing so for so many years.

I know one day you'll understand.

-Your big sis

Wow... for a moment there, I thought the message was for me. :alttongue: But yeah, this is something I try to do as well (mostly because my parents want me to be strong in this 'not-so-nice' world). I know this advice is for your younger sister (bless her dear soul, from what I've read :) ), but I feel that I should try to follow it as well. So, thanks a million :hug: :heart:

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear ENTP,

I would like to take this time to thank you.

Thank you for rejecting me. I've realized that I could do better than you and, like you said, I held you on an undeserving pedestal. I saw A LOT in you that you didn't see in you. I was wrong for thinking that you could be great because you don't think you can be great. I'm sorry, my bad. I'm sure the new boy will reassure you and make sure you realize your dreams like I would have done. I mean, that's what a good boyfriend is supposed to do anyways....I have high hopes for him.

Thank you for only WEEKS after our date getting into a relationship with another ENTP. I hope, for your sake, that it lasts and that you're happy. Meanwhile, I hope you kids can make this "just ENTP nose-dove into" relationship work. I find it adorable. The whole googly eyes thing was hilarious. He's a funny character. Definitely more your type than I.

I told you I reinvent myself after every breakup/rejection. Wait til you see what I've done thanks to you! I'm making myself better. I'm doing things that you've talked about doing. I'm living your dream AND mine. Wait til you see (soon enough). Ah, the beauty of being an IxxJ. Less talk and more do. When I lack motivation, I think about you and your new boy-toy, and that's all I need.

Yes, I have no hard feelings to you. You're overall a good person, but no, I never should have spent the time I did with you. Thanks for killing it. I needed to hear you weren't interested and there was no chance that it was going to happen. That's all I needed to know.

You disrespected me quite a lot in the past year or so. You are probably very unaware of it. But that's OK. Now that I can distance myself from the situation, I see it's my fault for not seeing it sooner.

Thank you for making me realize that I needed to set my standards higher. You were, in all ways, my "perfect girl," but you CLEARLY weren't the "right girl." You were right, it would NEVER have worked out.

If you see me in the world, say 'hi.' I'll be happy to see you. Maybe we can get coffee. But you'll have to excuse me pretty quickly as I have so little time for small things. I have big things coming my way, and they're more important than any faux-friendship you and I will pretend to have.

But there won't ever be a "you + me = us." Never. But that's what you wanted, so no harm done. I gave it all the opportunity in the world. Last time you let an INFJ guy go, 3 years later you regretted it. I'm waiting to see what your feelings are about rejecting me in three years. But it's done. I no longer want a relationship with you, I am no longer chasing you.

I hope you and your 20 year old ENTP find a way to make it last after you graduate and he remains in college. All that time away will surely eat at you guys. Hopefully, considering this relationship started from less than a month of knowing each other, there is enough strength to have full confidence in each other. I'd hope for the best for you and your newly found 'love,' but that would be dishonest, and I know how much you loved my being honest. What was it that you said? "I wish all the guys would be as honest and straight-forward as me as you are." I think I forgot to tell you to 'go to hell' after that one, but ah well.

Thanks for opening my eyes,
INFJ

A

A window to the soul

Dear INFJ and ENFJ,

I'm sorry I can't be perfect. I tried to be perfect, just for you, but I can't be. I powered my phone off so you can leave me messages about what a failure I am to you. When you're content you've said enough, please delete my number from your phone and please let it go. Thanks.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear ESFJ,

Can you try to open your eyes? Once? Holy shitballs is it always about you? None of us wants it to be about us, so we acquiesce every single time, but your profound narcissism sometimes makes me want to punch walls.

Dear INFP,

It hurts to watch you struggle, every day. I'll be here.

Dear ISTP,

It makes me so happy we've become so close.

Dear ENFJ,

We just need to get away. Our day will come before we know it.

Dear ENFP,

-sigh-

Dear ENTP,

If things were different...

Calliope

Enneagram
9w1
Dear ENFP,
I would fall head over heels for you if you would just mature a little bit. You're awesome and you make me laugh and feel happy but you don't ever act serious and I don't feel like we could ever have an adult relationship right now.
Sincerely, me

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I bet he can. ENFPs are serious as hell underneath it all. Dig a little deeper.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Dear ISTJ:

:hug:

Me

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Dear ENFP,
I would fall head over heels for you if you would just mature a little bit. You're awesome and you make me laugh and feel happy but you don't ever act serious and I don't feel like we could ever have an adult relationship right now.
Sincerely, me
RUN AWAY

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear EsTJ,

You're...quite a character. You, along with so many others, have allowed me to carefully step outside my comfort zone with all your support and actually come into my own and *find* the confidence to claim that zone as tailor fit for me. While it will be a challenge, I am so utterly grateful for facilitating my strengths and my drives in life in this particular setting - it is truly an inspiration for real life <3

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

lol, i was kidding. i dunno anything about the guy you're talking about. but, don't wait around for anyone to grow up or accept their excuses about why they're immature. you can find all the same qualities in another guy who isn't childish.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear INTJ,

Look beyond the entertainment center feature that draws you in and *see* me for what I truly am. That Ni of yours is brilliant but tends to be lazy wrt us ENFPs - we don't usually fit in your neat Te-boxes as an out-of-the-box type :wink:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dear ISTJ,
thank you for being so eternally cool. you have no idea how much i appreciate you.
love,
ENFP

dear ENFJ,
you're an awesome friend and i miss talking to you. so glad it's always the same with us no matter how long it's been. you're a strong woman. use that strength to get yourself out of your bad situation into one you deserve to be in.
love,
ENFP

dear ESFJ,
i honestly think this is the best our relationship has ever been. thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone to love and understand me even though i'm so different from you. also, thanks for the soup.
love,
your ENFP daughter

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear INFP,

If I don't speak for a while, please don't worry. My depression is kicking in again, but I'm doing my best to put up a fight. I want you to understand that the depression I have is very much real, and is partly out of my control - its main cause is the chemical/hormonal imbalance in my body. All I ask is that you bear with me, because I love you and always want to bring nothing but happiness into your life, no matter how comfortable we have now become with each other as a couple.

With love,
Your Angel

L

LadyLazarus

Dear ISFP,

Even though we have the same personality type, we really are quite different.

Despite what Dad says, we're very fundamentally different people, although we may appear similar on a surface level.
In fact, you're the reason I can tell I'm not a 6.

Anyway, I want you to know it's ok to own up to your mistakes, you don't have to get defensive with me, I don't seek to hurt you and doing so wouldn't make me lose any respect for you.

If anything it would make me respect you even more.

I hope I'm never like this with my kids, in that respect I hope to teach them about humility through my actions.
I mean, how else can we get better if we never acknowledge our mistakes?

It's ok to make yourself vulnerable every once in a while, you don't always have to be on the defensive, especially not with people who care about you.

I get it, you're afraid of losing my respect, and to be fair I was never the most respectful child, but fact is I do respect you, you are an understanding and kind mother, you always seem to understand the way I feel.
Whenever we argue, I like that we both cool down at the same rate; quickly, I like that you aren't fond of grudges either.
I guess in that respect we are alike.

You forgave me after all the horrible things I said to you as a kid, you forgave me without hesitation, I can't tell you how much I admire and appreciate your ability to do so, I was the prodigal daughter who honestly didn't deserve forgiveness.
That day, all because of you, I understood what it meant to love someone unconditionally, and I hope I will be able to someday as well.

As a kid I never liked being compared to you, I wanted to be me, the only me, but I don't think you ever understood that it wasn't because I thought it was bad being like you, you've always been the one I've respected most, even if I didn't/don't always act like it.

I'll always respect you, not because I have to, but because I want to.

-Your bratty lump of shit daughter

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear INFJ,

The passive aggressiveness, moodswings, whining, complaining, constant negativity and condescending attitude when you're correcting or punishing others for not behaving 'properly' from your ivory tower while gloating about your hypocrisy are the reason I walk in a wide circle around you despite thinking you're a great person - the few moments you don't engage in *any* of these attitudes. Please check this shit, or refrain from engaging me when we have to be around each other.

Thanks so much.
A.

G

Ginkgo

Dear INTJ,

Berserker.png

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dear E?FP

I still owe you a handwritten letter from many months ago, which I still feel very guilty about. But, guess what, I'm coming to see you in a month's time! You don't know about it yet but you will very soon.

Lots of love
21%