User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Interesting about FPs and FJs showing their feelings in different proportions. I definitely get that self-curious feeling from you too. I don't know if that's typical of all Ns though. Maybe a combination of N and something else? I dunno, but I feel like I want you to go further with this line of thought.
    Mmhmm, I think there is a difference with the way FPs and FJs show their feelings. I'm not a believer in the cognitive function theory (i.e. that there are introverted or extroverted variants of the functions), but I do believe that perceiving/judging has an effect on the way one expresses F. The big difference, I think, is that I notice FPs observing people much more often than intervening to change their emotional state, whereas I have an uncontrollable desire to change "sad" to "happy" in others. You know? It's a very quick reaction. My observation of INFPs and ENFPs in comparison to myself is that they are seemingly more "detached," not because they don't feel sympathy but because they don't have that instinctual need to intervene quite as often.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you've looked into the socionics quadra, but here's an interesting link:
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

I have this suspicion that I'm actually INFJ, even though I can be chatty and interested in others. If that's true, then we'd both be "delta quadra" types, and it says that delta quadra types like discussing internal motivation and self-development.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

you remind me a bit of my enfp sister
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE

As an ENFP male I notice a lot of ups and downs. The bigger and longer the Highs the same result with the lows. With close friends I am bubbly and social, with strangers I'm quiet. I hear ENFP's are the most introverted of the Extroverts. Not sure if it's true, but it sure feels like it. After each question you look around for answers and sort of expand on your answers when you let the information out into the external world. That's Ne IMO. You seem like an ENFP to me because I can relate to a lot of things you do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

NFPs seem to have more difference between them than other types due to the Fi I'm guessing. An e6 wouldn't seem as "fun" or whatever as an e7 or 4 so that may be it. Try to find an e6 ENFO to compare to, if you are a 6 that is.

Stansmith

Thanks for the input guys.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Mmhmm, I think there is a difference with the way FPs and FJs show their feelings. I'm not a believer in the cognitive function theory (i.e. that there are introverted or extroverted variants of the functions), but I do believe that perceiving/judging has an effect on the way one expresses F. The big difference, I think, is that I notice FPs observing people much more often than intervening to change their emotional state, whereas I have an uncontrollable desire to change "sad" to "happy" in others. You know? It's a very quick reaction. My observation of INFPs and ENFPs in comparison to myself is that they are seemingly more "detached," not because they don't feel sympathy but because they don't have that instinctual need to intervene quite as often.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you've looked into the socionics quadra, but here's an interesting link:
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

I have this suspicion that I'm actually INFJ, even though I can be chatty and interested in others. If that's true, then we'd both be "delta quadra" types, and it says that delta quadra types like discussing internal motivation and self-development.
    I read about the quadra, and it's an interesting theory. I always wondered what those cool black and white symbols meant with the socionics types.

I gotta admit, I didn't connect with all of what they were saying. Maybe since they're broader (encompassing many types), they're not meant to cut to the core. I definitely have a strong drive toward self-development and self-actualization. I want to me my best and truest self, and actively seek out ways to explore that and work on it. I might relate to "earthy humor" if I knew more about it. I like the way it sounds, anyway haha!

I don't think I value pragmatism as much as was being focused on though. I very much choose beauty or novelty/experience over function in a lot of areas. I don't have a good winter coat because I keep finding beautiful wool peacoats that just aren't warm enough. I am drawn toward beautiful old homes with original fixtures over a well-built newer home with new, more reliable fixtures. I prefer to go on trips or 'out and about' without a purpose or direction, and just wander around soaking in whatever happens rather than having a purpose or destination.

INFJ, huh? Interesting! Gosh, I wish I was better at picking that kind of thing up with just internet interactions. I feel clueless! I do connect with the INFJ I know, and from what I've gathered the E/I difference when all the other functions are the same usually results in a very similar function stack.

Ah! I almost forgot to talk about functions! I have connected most with individual functions than any other typology. Ne, Fi, and Te make so much sense to me when I read about them and think about my life. Have you read about ENFJ and INFJ functions specifically?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I read about the quadra, and it's an interesting theory. I always wondered what those cool black and white symbols meant with the socionics types.

I gotta admit, I didn't connect with all of what they were saying. Maybe since they're broader (encompassing many types), they're not meant to cut to the core. I definitely have a strong drive toward self-development and self-actualization. I want to me my best and truest self, and actively seek out ways to explore that and work on it. I might relate to "earthy humor" if I knew more about it. I like the way it sounds, anyway haha!

I don't think I value pragmatism as much as was being focused on though. I very much choose beauty or novelty/experience over function in a lot of areas. I don't have a good winter coat because I keep finding beautiful wool peacoats that just aren't warm enough. I am drawn toward beautiful old homes with original fixtures over a well-built newer home with new, more reliable fixtures. I prefer to go on trips or 'out and about' without a purpose or direction, and just wander around soaking in whatever happens rather than having a purpose or destination.

INFJ, huh? Interesting! Gosh, I wish I was better at picking that kind of thing up with just internet interactions. I feel clueless! I do connect with the INFJ I know, and from what I've gathered the E/I difference when all the other functions are the same usually results in a very similar function stack.

Ah! I almost forgot to talk about functions! I have connected most with individual functions than any other typology. Ne, Fi, and Te make so much sense to me when I read about them and think about my life. Have you read about ENFJ and INFJ functions specifically?
    Ill probably change back to ENFP, since I still see a lot of that F in me.
    I just think the roles I force myself to conform to drive me a little crazy sometimes. You know, you have to conform sometimes, though...even if it hurts...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Haha, I always wonder about those symbols too! I still haven't looked up what they mean, but they are amusing to look at in the meantime. Interesting that you don't identify with it that much! Although, so much of these things are left to interpretation, and I think I may have had a different interpretation of it than you - I read it more along the lines that the delta quadra prefer to leave people to their own devices as much as possible and be pragmatic in the sense that there's less expectation for people to abandon their own preferences in order to be involved in the group, etc.

Hmm, my INFJ estimation for myself is more because I don't quite connect with ENFJs completely. I get the sense from ENFJs that they think that if a person's opinion could offend other people, whether they're right or wrong, it would be best for them to keep quiet. I deeply disagree with that, for one thing. Plus, many people in my family sure are convinced that I'm an introvert. I do make friends easily (I think because I'm just friendly in general) and if I'm not connecting with anyone around me, it can be disconcerting - but I also tend to form deep bonds with a few people much more so than lots of less intimate bonds.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Wow now I'll never know @Stansmith because you removed the video.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Ill probably change back to ENFP, since I still see a lot of that F in me.
    I just think the roles I force myself to conform to drive me a little crazy sometimes. You know, you have to conform sometimes, though...even if it hurts...
    Look into Fe vs Fi, that's the only way you'll know for sure.