First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Agree^ but I also think Fi being a judging fuction is a lot more stubborn than Si
    I've never really thought of Fi as stubborn. Perhaps I'm biased. I would say it's our paired Te that's more stubborn, maybe?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I think it depends on subject matter and combination of functions. I just mean Fi in general is a stubborn function but I wouldn't call most P types stubborn overall. Imo where Se is engaging and Si is stubbron Fe is accomidating and Fi is not putting up with it.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It depends on what we call BS.... I am decent at seeing discrepancy between what someone is expressing & what emotion they are experiencing. However, I don't call this BS in itself, because I think choosing to go with a principled response over an emotion is part of being a mature adult. I also need to get a sense of someone over time, to see what is consistent & normal for them, before jumping to any conclusions.

In other ways, I can be quite naive. I've recently gotten more sensitive to being emotionally manipulated, because after having been a victim of it I realized I give extensive benefit of the doubt to the point where I gloss over such discrepancies as noted above. If I had given them more weight, I may have seen enough inconsistency between expressed feeling & feeling in demeanor & action that I would've judged someone as NOT truly concerned with my benefit. I suppose that is my main aim in any consideration of authenticity - is this person's feeling towards me genuine?

I don't associate this with Fi, because when I was younger - arguably before Ne took on a larger part of my thinking - I was very absorbed in myself so that I did not read people at all. I didn't & still don't really use Fi for direct judgment to outward things - it's more like I use Ne to see the various ways it relates to my Fi concepts of the human condition, and blah blah blah. Anyhow, when jolted into reality, I tended to be hyper-sensitive & take things negatively which were not, but reading authenticity was not even something which dawned on me. This sometimes led to me being acutely disappointed when I thought someone liked me or was being kind, and it was not genuine.

I notice people who feel they read others well are actually P-dom (ExxP & IxxJ, especially the Feeling varieties). Things simply are apparent to them & they trust this very quickly. For me, I need to go into analysis of my perceptions to "make sense" of things & apply the appropriate weight to it all, and I hesitate to do this too quickly, for fear of jumping to conclusions. So this suspension of final judgment leaves me from decrying someone as full of BS. Even if I am becoming aware of it, unless it appears as damaging & in urgent need of review, then I don't really even label it to myself.
    I loved this and found it very honest. I can completely relate to how you were as a child. It definitely took time to learn to read people. And same as you, I do worry I may jump to the wrong conclusions. I don't think I can know everything there is to know about a person from one encounter, which is why I prefer to give people opportunities. People are too complex. But I too often keep a skeptical yet open mind at the same time.

I have a bad habit of psychoanalyzing others and believe I use my Fi empathetically coupled with my Ni to fill in the blanks. I often think I do well to read faces and get a sense of what's going on beneath the surface, even when I feel it's a poker face.

Some people just give me a bad vibe. Fake friendly-ness or overly social and nice but not seeming very sincere about it. Others feel so warm and good, even when trying to come off dark and brooding.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think it depends on subject matter and combination of functions. I just mean Fi in general is a stubborn function but I wouldn't call most P types stubborn overall. Imo where Se is engaging and Si is stubbron Fe is accomidating and Fi is not putting up with it.
    In terms of what we believe is the right thing to do, yes. Definitely.

However, if someone is not acting in socially appropriate behavior, I've known of Fe's to call it out.

I have a hard time distinguishing some ESTPs from ESFPs, so I'm not certain if it's Fi behavior or not: acting in a mean way towards those they don't like. But I've also known of ExFPs who will act kindly towards everyone, all the time, even if it is undeserved. So I have a tendency of believing that people who do this are either unhealthy Fi types or T's.
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

It depends on what we call BS.... I am decent at seeing discrepancy between what someone is expressing & what emotion they are experiencing. However, I don't call this BS in itself, because I think choosing to go with a principled response over an emotion is part of being a mature adult. I also need to get a sense of someone over time, to see what is consistent & normal for them, before jumping to any conclusions.

In other ways, I can be quite naive. I've recently gotten more sensitive to being emotionally manipulated, because after having been a victim of it I realized I give extensive benefit of the doubt to the point where I gloss over such discrepancies as noted above. If I had given them more weight, I may have seen enough inconsistency between expressed feeling & feeling in demeanor & action that I would've judged someone as NOT truly concerned with my benefit. I suppose that is my main aim in any consideration of authenticity - is this person's feeling towards me genuine?

I don't associate this with Fi, because when I was younger - arguably before Ne took on a larger part of my thinking - I was very absorbed in myself so that I did not read people at all. I didn't & still don't really use Fi for direct judgment to outward things - it's more like I use Ne to see the various ways it relates to my Fi concepts of the human condition, and blah blah blah. Anyhow, when jolted into reality, I tended to be hyper-sensitive & take things negatively which were not, but reading authenticity was not even something which dawned on me. This sometimes led to me being acutely disappointed when I thought someone liked me or was being kind, and it was not genuine.

I notice people who feel they read others well are actually P-dom (ExxP & IxxJ, especially the Feeling varieties). Things simply are apparent to them & they trust this very quickly. For me, I need to go into analysis of my perceptions to "make sense" of things & apply the appropriate weight to it all, and I hesitate to do this too quickly, for fear of jumping to conclusions. So this suspension of final judgment prevents me from decrying someone as full of BS. Even if I am becoming aware of it, unless it appears as damaging & in urgent need of review, then I don't really even label it to myself.
    Posts like this are why I find INFP's intriguing. I feel like you just let me take a peak in your brain. lol I don’t know how else to explain it that probably sounds rather weird.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    In terms of what we believe is the right thing to do, yes. Definitely.

However, if someone is not acting in socially appropriate behavior, I've known of Fe's to call it out.
    I agree. That’s exactly what I mean by it depends on the subject matter. When I say I feel Fi won't put up with it I don't mean it will cause them to be rude or mean. I more or less mean they won't compromise what they feel is right. It also makes sense to me that ExFP's would be nice to everyone. Extroverts get energy from and tend to like being around people. It’s not unreasonable to think that Fi would work that into its belief system.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I agree. That’s exactly what I mean by it depends on the subject matter. When I say I feel Fi won't put up with it I don't mean it will cause them to be rude or mean. I more or less mean they won't compromise what they feel is right. It also makes sense to me that ExFP's would be nice to everyone. Extroverts get energy from and tend to like being around people. It’s not unreasonable to think that Fi would work that into its belief system.
    Makes sense.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I notice people who feel they read others well are actually P-dom (ExxP & IxxJ, especially the Feeling varieties). Things simply are apparent to them & they trust this very quickly. For me, I need to go into analysis of my perceptions to "make sense" of things & apply the appropriate weight to it all, and I hesitate to do this too quickly, for fear of jumping to conclusions. So this suspension of final judgment prevents me from decrying someone as full of BS. Even if I am becoming aware of it, unless it appears as damaging & in urgent need of review, then I don't really even label it to myself.
    yes this is true for me too. i feel like i can tell when someone is being authentic. expressing true feeling etc. and the fake nice thing people do...ughh most are so bad at it.

i can often tell when someones telling a story that it's often exaggerated or parts are made up. even good people do this a lot and wow does it bug me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm INFJ and I wouldn't say that I'm good at telling when people are lying, but I'm definitely good at reading their character as a whole. Even as a kid, I just knew when something wasn't right about someone even if I didn't know why.

Detectors?

Is this like a he who dealt it, smelt it deal?