123 Last

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Shadow Functions of an INFJ?

Query: If INFJs prefer to use Extroverted Feeling, theoretically ignoring their Introverted Feeling in the process, then would INFJs be prone to bottling up their emotions until something triggers the feelings to explode? (Especially if it's due to the result of a sudden Ni-fueled realization?)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I know I do- can't speak for all INFJs.

I'd say that partly the bottling up of my feelings comes because I am trying to understand them before I allow myself to feel them (Ni-Ti loop). And then partly because I'm all Fe in the world, I don't want others to feel bad so sometimes I cover up my bad feelings, and that can equate to not allowing myself to feel them. It's very hard for me to feel things internally when I'm out in the world because I'm constantly on the alert for other people's emotional well-being.

I have read that INFJs tend to feel other people's emotions, but have real trouble with their own...our very own terrifying martyrdom.

I have also read that Ni-Fe can produce a sort of Fi-looking type. But Fi is not something that I totally understand.

When your feelings explode, what does it look like?

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Yes, that is absolutely what I do.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

The two INFJ's I know in person are quite volatile in terms of their emotions. I always found that odd considering they are Fe types. I have a hard time fully understanding Fe though.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Maybe INFJ's are better at managing the feelings of others than they are their own??
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    The two INFJ's I know in person are quite volatile in terms of their emotions. I always found that odd considering they are Fe types. I have a hard time fully understanding Fe though.
    Fe types are very comfortable openly displaying their emotions; there is little in the way between internal registry and physical expression.

I could definitely see this happening with IxFJ's more so than ExFJ's, though tertiary and inferior Fe types are probably more prone to foregoing personally favorable response to the point of 'repression'.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Fe types are very comfortable openly displaying their emotions; there is little in the way between internal registry and physical expression.

I could definitely see this happening with IxFJ's more so than ExFJ's, though tertiary and inferior Fe types are probably more prone to foregoing personally favorable response to the point of 'repression'.
    So this most likely happens to Estp, Entp, Istps or Intp…interesting. How does this kind of repression play out in your life? (If you don't mind me asking)

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    Query: If INFJs prefer to use Extroverted Feeling, theoretically ignoring their Introverted Feeling in the process, then would INFJs be prone to bottling up their emotions until something triggers the feelings to explode? (Especially if it's due to the result of a sudden Ni-fueled realization?)
    Sounds feasible to me.

I used to be like that, before I became a Jedi master
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I can bottle up feelings, but it is rare I explode. When under intense stress I can get a bit Te-like. I also get really silly and jokey and just don't care anymore.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    So this most likely happens to Estp, Entp, Istps or Intp…interesting. How does this kind of repression play out in your life? (If you don't mind me asking)
    I've been wondering myself, particularly given the fact that Jung states Se users tend to "repress" their intuitive perceptions, finding them alien or something. I think it has to do with the fact that Se users prefer the actual, and intuitive perception does not align with that preference.

For me... I'm not sure. I have ideas, but meh. I'm super passive about every and anything. Maybe it manifests as passive-aggressive tendency?