User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so

Default Se Behaviour When Stressed

I'm currently struggling with certain function analyses. And after reading somewhere that your inferior function tends to be the one you resort to when stressed, I asked myself what I do when stressed. Usually, I feel a tribal need to go outside - away from people - in nature. This would suggest that I use Se as my inferior function. And eventhough I have a tendancy to like staying at home and surfing the web all day, I do enjoy being in the middle of nowhere just breathing the fresh air and hearing the sound of leaves, especially when stressed. So, since INFJs have Se as their inferior function, I wondered if this resonated with any of you.
    Last edited by Lykourgus; 09-02-2013 at 02:52 PM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

This thread might be helpful in clarifying how Inferior Se manifests in INJs, @Lykourgus. My experience with Inferior Fi is that I'm less conscious of the Fi-type things that I do that are on an outlet for me, or their necessity to my psychological well-being. I've always been pretty involved in the arts, but their significance to me is oddly compartmentalized.

On the other hand, I'm very much aware of the things that relate to my tert Se valve. I love to dance, for instance, and partied a lot to when I was younger as a way to relieve stress. Your description in the OP sounds more like Si, frankly, than Se. And that you have more of a conscious awareness of it points to it in the tertiary position.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Se dominance (ESXP)

it gets bigger and louder
    more impulsive and hedonistic
    more attention seeking
    more shit stirring

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lykourgus View Post
    I'm currently struggling with certain function analyses. And after reading somewhere that your inferior function tends to be the one you resort to when stressed, I asked myself what I do when stressed. Usually, I feel a tribal need to go outside - away from people - in nature. This would suggest that I use Se as my inferior function. And eventhough I have a tendancy to like staying at home and surfing the web all day, I do enjoy being in the middle of nowhere just breathing the fresh air and hearing the sound of leaves, especially when stressed. So, since INFJs have Se as their inferior function, I wondered if this resonated with any of you.
    This is my stress response too. And nature is awesome to improve mood, both when stressed or just all the time. I think it's just a human/introvert thing.

My inferior is Fe and I definitely don't want anything to do with other people when I'm stressed, just leave me the hell alone. I've never really agreed with the theories about when inferior functions come out, anyway. Doesn't really make sense to me.
    -end of thread-

WALMART

I think your understanding of inferiors needs some tuning.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I do a bunch of self-indulgent things under stress that I wouldn't normally - buying make-up I don't need or celebrity magazines like People, eating stuff that's bad for me, staying up really late, doing a compulsive circle of checking email, checking facebook, checking typec over and over even though I know there's nothing there right then and I should go to bed, sleeping too much, putting off easy decisions and so on.

When I'm dealing with it in a more healthy way, I go for walks outside, I listen to music that makes me feel better and I take care of myself more.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Not Se, but I also enjoy nature whenever I'm stressed, especially mountaineering. Reaching the top of *insert any mountain above 2000 metres* is usually my way of recharing batteries.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Overindulgence in music, food, sensory pleasures.
    Anger towards the outer world.
    Aggression, moodiness....

Inferior Se rollercoaster. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Having an appreciation for the outdoors doesn't necessarily make you Se.

Being outdoors has a zen affect on any type.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Being Se can be really fun sometimes, but most of the time at least places I am at, it's not very pleasant and people get ticked off easily, and my Fe stops me in my tracks fast and lets down some people haha. It usually comes after overindulging in Ni-Ti mode.