First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    And for what its worth, the source of my information is experience. I also run a typing business where people call me and I walk them through a process of questions so that they arrive at a type on their own. I have a lot of experience in identifying what personalities actually look like.
    Our experiences & observations are not any less valid just cuz we don't charge people for it.

And yes, it is true I am a socionics officionaire. From my point of view, @OrangeAppled is a part of the "make mbti whatever the hell you want it to be" school of thought.
    No. I have probably read more than you on MBTI and Jungian psychological types. I frequently reference other sources when making assertions, and I've yet to see you do that.

And wouldn't you and your "subjective Ti logic" be making it whatever the hell you want it to be? I thought Te means I just go by the book? Oh wait - that's a gross over-simplification, isn't it?

Socionics does not equal MBTI. It not use the same function definitions. It took some ideas from Jung & went in another direction.... the way it describes introverted judging functions directly contradicts much of what Jung says about them. It describes feeling as emotional responses & expression, when Jung clearly says that's not what it is.

That's fine if you want to use the Socionics model, but since it's not the same as MBTI or Jungian theory, then for the sake of clarity be open about what you're referring to. The functions are not the same in both theories. Because this forum started out with a focus on MBTI, that's the default interpretation for these terms.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

what if you're an extrovert?
    me?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    me?
    yarp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

about socionics...the first test i took said i was an INTP lol

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

yarp
    why would you assume that? I think if you met me in real life, there'd be no question. I'm an extremely introverted person. I can pretend to be more outgoing as situations require, but it's hardly natural for me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Our experiences & observations are not any less valid just cuz we don't charge people for it.

No. I have probably read more than you on MBTI and Jungian psychological types. I frequently reference other sources when making assertions, and I've yet to see you do that.

And wouldn't you and your "subjective Ti logic" be making it whatever the hell you want it to be? I thought Te means I just go by the book? Oh wait - that's a gross over-simplification, isn't it?

Socionics does not equal MBTI. It not use the same function definitions. It took some ideas from Jung & went in another direction.... the way it describes introverted judging functions directly contradicts much of what Jung says about them. It describes feeling as emotional responses & expression, when Jung clearly says that's not what it is.

That's fine if you want to use the Socionics model, but since it's not the same as MBTI or Jungian theory, then for the sake of clarity be open about what you're referring to. The functions are not the same in both theories. Because this forum started out with a focus on MBTI, that's the default interpretation for these terms.
    I would like to see the sources of your functional definitions.

Also, you're missing the point. I'm not correct because I charge people money. I don't use authority fallacies in my arguments. I'm correct because I ask a lot of people questions and they give me genuine answers. They arrive at their own conclusions, and I learn a great deal in talking to them. I have more real life hands on experience than most people here.

me: are you an objectivist?
    them: no
    me: hmm, that excludes these things. are you one of these things?
    them: yes
    me: ok. what about this?

etc.

Frankly, I don't even need to know anything about myers briggs to run my business, lmao. That still doesn't discredit my experience and what I know with the 3 hours conversations with the several dozen clients I've had.

Yeah, Ti makes things up. But it doesn't proclaim them as truth until they yield objective and predictable results. Just because I have Ti doesn't mean access to Te is blocked off. Its not like einstein just slipped in the shower and came up with the theory of relativity after returning from a day of elementary school.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Still waiting for an explanation on how I could possibly be an Extrovert.

The only possible way is if I were an ENFP with asperger's. But I've really come to question the extent of my autism spectrum disorder recently, or whether it even exists in me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Still waiting for an explanation on how I could possibly be an Extrovert.

The only possible way is if I were an ENFP with asperger's. But I've really come to question the extent of my autism spectrum disorder recently, or whether it even exists in me.
    Extroversion has to do with the orientation of your dominant function, not the frequency in which you speak to people. Many, many extroverts mistype as introverts. Especially ENTP's and ENTJ's. Especially myself. Especially ENFJ's and ENFP's. Super especially ENTJ's. I know a great many enfp's who think they are INFJ. I know many ENTP's who think they are INTJ. I know many ESFJ's who are actually ISFP's, etc. Even ESTP's and ISTJ's get mixed up on occasion.

Often times when people only sorta identify with the first 3 letters and can't choose the 4th, extroversion/introversion is the deciding factor.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm pretty certain my dominant function is my introverted feeling.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I would like to see the sources of your functional definitions.

Also, you're missing the point. I'm not correct because I charge people money. I don't use authority fallacies in my arguments. I'm correct because I ask a lot of people questions and they give me genuine answers.
    excuse me, just for curiosity, no 2nd meaning here: did you actually go to uni or take any course or degree or certification on MBTI/socionics/Whatever? Or does your credibility come only from what you said above?