User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Given the fact that it's hard for you to decipher, I'd say you're probably an INFP.

But, only you know yourself best.

Determining how a person is online is about as questionable as trying to determine a person's type based on a movie character and assigning those roles stringently.

Cyber reality, or fantasy? Not a reliable predictor.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Nope I'm pretty much back in the INFP camp. The mods can probably close this thread now.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    Determining how a person is online is about as questionable as trying to determine a person's type based on a movie character and assigning those roles stringently.

Cyber reality, or fantasy? Not a reliable predictor.
    I wish someone would explain that to all the so called type experts on youtube

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And why doesn't anyone say Si gives INFP's their superpowers? You can sure hear the tone of admiration for INFJ's in that video.

Yes, I've noted the same pattern well beyond the video. Especially with the tertiary moreso than the inferior. I seldom see Ni-dom users expressing concern that their tertiary sucks. Most feel they have it mastered. But it can be a tripping point for sure.
    And do you EVER hear Ti spoken of as giving ISFJs their superpowers? Nah... didn't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    DJ Arendee had the same effect on me. We had a discussion on one of his threads here. He told me I was one of the many mistypes infj's who were actually INFP's. I'd agree with you here though. INFP's get the short end of the stick a lot of times when it comes to profiles. It is possible that they are misrepresented by others interpretations of them.
    More "official" profiles bother me far less than these videos or sites where people base their descriptions of INFPs off of people they've met who may not even be INFP; combined with a huge bias against us (and one in favor of INFJs), they fail to accurately portray INFPs.
    It should be noted that DJ guy is a socionics adherent, so this further distorts his idea of what INFPs are. Socionics Fi-Ne (INFj) is not Jungian/MBTI Fi-Ne (INFP). It describes something else altogether, which may or may not overlap with some Jungian Fi-Ne types.

Even positive comments they make often do not ring true for me, as they seem better applied to the e9 INFP.

I think part of the problem is people do not interpret profiles as intended. IMO, if they read Jung's psychological types, then they might get a better sense of what the profiles refer to. The way they take certain statements is not how I interpret them & see myself in them, nor does it align with feedback others give me, nor does it align with Jungian theory for Fi.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    And do you EVER hear Ti spoken of as giving ISFJs their superpowers? Nah... didn't think so!
    you are so right!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I didn't think that MBTI was supposed to be about cognitive skills anyway, but just preferences.

Although there was a profile I read a while back that described ISFJs as having a surprising skill at logic and numbers or something like that.

I agree it should be consistent. If INFJs make good use of Ti, then INFPs make good use of Si, ISFJs make good use of Ti, ISFPs make good use of Ni, ENTPs make good use of Fe, etc.

Edit: I know that much of the theories focus on just the first two functions, but I've noticed when trying to type people that the middle two functions can get intertwined in a way that makes it difficult to distinguish their type. I have this issue with Fi-doms who are adept at both the abstract and concrete as philosopher artists, and I find it with Ni-doms who seem on the borderline of T/F. I should see it also with Si-doms, but I think because I spend most of my time online, I'm either already seeing them typed as Ni-doms or something similar. I have noticed that Ne-doms can seem borderline T/F as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

brainheart

@Lyedecker, yes. What you say.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

what if you're an extrovert?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    His videos are quite entertaining but I don't take them as gospel. A lot of what he says is pure conjecture. I also don't believe it's so easy as he says it is to tell types by their physical appearance. I know he's just making generalizations but I honestly don't know where he comes up with some of this shit.
    Objective Logic. You value Te.

my "conjecture" is subjective logic, Ti.

So, seeing as how you do not value Ti, we can exclude INFJ or any other Ti from your preference.

And for what its worth, the source of my information is experience. I also run a typing business where people call me and I walk them through a process of questions so that they arrive at a type on their own. I have a lot of experience in identifying what personalities actually look like.

And yes, it is true I am a socionics officionaire. From my point of view, @OrangeAppled is a part of the "make mbti whatever the hell you want it to be" school of thought.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

More "official" profiles bother me far less than these videos or sites where people base their descriptions of INFPs off of people they've met who may not even be INFP; combined with a huge bias against us (and one in favor of INFJs), they fail to accurately portray INFPs.
    It should be noted that DJ guy is a socionics adherent, so this further distorts his idea of what INFPs are. Socionics Fi-Ne (INFj) is not Jungian/MBTI Fi-Ne (INFP). It describes something else altogether, which may or may not overlap with some Jungian Fi-Ne types.

Even positive comments they make often do not ring true for me, as they seem better applied to the e9 INFP.

I think part of the problem is people do not interpret profiles as intended. IMO, if they read Jung's psychological types, then they might get a better sense of what the profiles refer to. The way they take certain statements is not how I interpret them & see myself in them, nor does it align with feedback others give me, nor does it align with Jungian theory for Fi.
    The more I study Mbti the more I realize how stereotypical the profiles are. Since we're talking about Fe and Ti I can say although I have these functions I don’t think I use them in the same way most profiles would suggest. I know I use Fe to make people feel comfortable and I'm very expressive when I talk. However, I am in no way overly nice. I kind of use it to be just nice enough or not to be a jerk yet still keep people at a distance. Only the people that I’m close to or care to get to know get a full dose of Fe. I thought that maybe this was Fi for a while but I really don't identify with Fi as a function. So then I thought ok maybe Fe is my third function but I am certainly not an extrovert. So I said maybe Fe is my forth but I I’m not a sensing type or a thinking type. I also knew didn’t use Ti nearly enough to be a dom or aux. I think I only use it to break down info from Ni. I hear it when I talk. Some people have told me I use it when I write but that’s about it. I get flashes of me using Ti but very rarely can I pinpoint it. Maybe because I'm still a young INFJ idk. So basically aside from when I initially read the profile for INFJ I have never really taken them as accurate portraits of myself. I feel like yes they fit me but to the extreme. I think of them exaggerated versions of myself.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman