User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 82

  1. #41
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    haven't read any responses yet...sorry...actually working too

    but...you said the wife was isfp right? so...how similar are you two? do you think you all connect on a fi level? or do you feel like you see things from different angles a lot?

    that may not help at all because some people are totally hard to tell...even on this forum there's a couple.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    DJ Arendee had the same effect on me. We had a discussion on one of his threads here. He told me I was one of the many mistypes infj's who were actually INFP's. I'd agree with you here though. INFP's get the short end of the stick a lot of times when it comes to profiles. It is possible that they are misrepresented by others interpretations of them.
    His videos are quite entertaining but I don't take them as gospel. A lot of what he says is pure conjecture. I also don't believe it's so easy as he says it is to tell types by their physical appearance. I know he's just making generalizations but I honestly don't know where he comes up with some of this shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    @Lyedecker: from your pic you scream out e4 sp dom and I think you likely are an INFP. That's not based on anything scientific, just on how you vibe to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hey, I'm not surprised. I don't relate to most INFP descriptions, either. Most seem to run heavy on the social instinct and be written about enneagram nines. What worked for me was to read Jung. It was obvious I was a fi-dom doing that. Then it was a matter of deciding whether I was ISFP or INFP (which was more difficult for me). But once I realized my kid is an ISFP I could really see the differences between the two of us and how they were attributable to Ne vs Se.
    telling ISFPs apart from INFPs is harder than telling apart INFJs and INFPs, in my opinion. My wife usually tests ISFP and it's eerie how similar we are. We compliment each other in so many ways and often know exactly what the other is about to say. I'd say the major difference is she's a bit more adventurous than me about new experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I feel like the odd one out a lot for being quite stereotypical of both of mine. Guess someone's got to be that person.
    you should feel lucky

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haven't read any responses yet...sorry...actually working too

    but...you said the wife was isfp right? so...how similar are you two? do you think you all connect on a fi level? or do you feel like you see things from different angles a lot?

    that may not help at all because some people are totally hard to tell...even on this forum there's a couple.
    well, like I just mentioned she is a bit more adventurous, although I feel like it's rubbed off on me a lot. It's kind of difficult to explain how we connect, but to simplify, I'd say if one of us is stressed about anything, the other usually plays the role of morale booster or soother to calm the other person down.

    It is really eerie how often one of us will be about to say something and the other person blurts out the very same thing. I don't know if we're just tuned to one another from being together so long or what.

    She's a bit more on the carefree side when it comes to spending money, although having a kid as led her to be a lot more responsible with money.

    As far as fi goes, yeah we seem pretty good at telling what one another are feeling most of the time. There's no hiding our feelings from each other, no matter how hard we try. I'd say we typically know if something is bothering the other person even when other people are totally oblivious to it.

    I think we both have pretty solid built-in bullshit detectors. That's fi at work, right?

  4. #44
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post

    telling ISFPs apart from INFPs is harder than telling apart INFJs and INFPs, in my opinion. My wife usually tests ISFP and it's eerie how similar we are. We compliment each other in so many ways and often know exactly what the other is about to say. I'd say the major difference is she's a bit more adventurous than me about new experiences.
    Yeah, my ISFP kid and I are very similar. That Fi-dom connection is strong. He is way more coordinated than me and has difficulty with more abstract thinking. He would much rather read a graphic novel than a book without pictures. Abstract thinking comes pretty naturally to me, I'm not particularly coordinated (I have to practice!), and while I can appreciate the occasional graphic novel I'd rather imagine the visuals myself. We both spend a lot of time rescuing insects, hide to let out our stronger emotions, are introspective and self reflective, and are told we are deep and unique.

    Is your wife not self pres first? I'm pretty adventurous/ open to new experience and I'm guessing that has to do with the sexual instinct.

  5. #45
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post

    telling ISFPs apart from INFPs is harder than telling apart INFJs and INFPs, in my opinion. My wife usually tests ISFP and it's eerie how similar we are. We compliment each other in so many ways and often know exactly what the other is about to say. I'd say the major difference is she's a bit more adventurous than me about new experiences.
    Yeah, my ISFP kid and I are very similar. That Fi-dom connection is strong. He is way more coordinated than me and has difficulty with more abstract thinking. He would much rather read a graphic novel than a book without pictures. Abstract thinking comes pretty naturally to me, I'm not particularly coordinated (I have to practice!), and while I can appreciate the occasional graphic novel I'd rather imagine the visuals myself. We both spend a lot of time rescuing insects, hide to let out our stronger emotions, are introspective and self reflective, and are told we are deep and unique.

    Is your wife not self pres first? I'm pretty adventurous/ open to new experience and I'm guessing that has to do with the sexual instinct.

    I agree, btw, that INFP and INFJ come off as more different than INFP and ISFP. That's why I prefer learning the function attitudes vs the temperaments. I'm way more a fi-dom than a NF.

  6. #46
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    I wouldn't confuse the more sensor-ish ISFPs for INFPs. They're usually more extroverted, more sensual/down-to-earth or very wallflower-ish.

    But I digress.

  7. #47
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I wouldn't confuse the more sensor-ish ISFPs for INFPs. They're usually more extroverted, more sensual/down-to-earth or very wallflower-ish.

    But I digress.
    My ISFP kid is definitely as introverted as me. He extroverts with sensing, so he likes to be moving around, being physical, doing things. But he's not very talkative, and a lot of the time he's sitting around drawing.

    INFPS who have self pres in the top two tend to be more grounded and sensual.

    You don't think INFPs are wallflower-ish?

  8. #48
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    My ISFP kid is definitely as introverted as me. He extroverts with sensing, so he likes to be moving around, being physical, doing things. But he's not very talkative, and a lot of the time he's sitting around drawing.

    INFPS who have self pres in the top two tend to be more grounded and sensual.

    You don't think INFPs are wallflower-ish?
    I get the vibe that ISFPs aren't really thinking about much beyond the present moment. They do look like they're "Fi-ing", but not really like they're delving into intuition.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I agree, btw, that INFP and INFJ come off as more different than INFP and ISFP. That's why I prefer learning the function attitudes vs the temperaments. I'm way more a fi-dom than a NF.
    I kind of think the whole temperament thing is bullshit. I see the appeal in the Keirsey school of thought, but it seems to sugarcoat and oversimplify the types.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I get the vibe that ISFPs aren't really thinking about much beyond the present moment. They do look like they're "Fi-ing", but not really like they're delving into intuition.
    I think they're quite capable of thinking beyond the present and the here-and-now. It's just that they're a bit more comfortable in the present because they are so in tune with their senses and all of the stimuli surrounding them at any given moment. This is why my wife always tends to be a bit more grounded than me, whereas my mind tends to wander and it's very easy to get lost inside my head.

Similar Threads

  1. Am I an INFP or INFJ?
    By Hinastarr in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 12:16 PM
  2. Am I INFP or INFJ?
    By Josefojoestrella in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
  3. Socionics: Am I an INFp or INFj?
    By INFPtheQuietOne in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 09:06 PM
  4. Am I INFP or INFJ?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
  5. INTP, INTJ, INFP, or INFJ
    By Charizmatic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO