• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Meeting ENFPs

S

Stansmith

I feel like the differences between types in terms of interests is a bit exaggerated. I was involved in a drama club, and there were plenty of SPs and SJs. NFPs are gonna be a minority anywhere, and that's perfectly fine.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Totally thought we had already gone through this but okay...

The only places you will ever find ENFPs: (or say are good places to find ENFPs if that question is ever asked of you)

1.) Louvre
2.) Steven Hawking's office
3.) NASA
4.) The Pentagon
5.) Cambridge
6.) Oxford
7.) Preforming emergency surgery at St. Jude's hospital
8.) The UN
9.) Smithsonian
10.) White House

This is true. I'm currently performing emergency surgery.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You shouldn't get upset over hatred to false concepts that you identify with. Its like getting upset because I tell you your pillow sucks.

I cant speak for other enfps-but what I tend to do is take in feedback and try to change, if I have been doing something I was unaware of that is annoying. Hearing people complain about other enfps, often enlightens me as to something I also do. But if the feedback is really generic and simply "enfps suck" it is hard to understand what to do with that productively. In addition, it is one thing to say "this crazy enfp bitch sucks" but another to say" all enfps are crazy bitches", because although it is only a pesudo-science categorization, we do sense the underlying truths at times and self identify.

do you have a goal complaining about enfps or is it just blowing off steam and ranting? enfps can totally be crazy, but one of my favorite chicks was this bonkers ass crazy estp who had fiances in three states....she taught me so much about living :) so crazy is as it does I think

Thank you mind-sister :D

It is as Oro said, DJ.

I can sort of understand what you are getting at by saying that NF is a concept and so it is not me, but the term is a descriptor of identity, and I identify with it, so it really is me. I do love my pillow, but if you took it away from me, I would still be very much myself. If you took away what of me is described by NF, what would be left would be very different. It just would not be me.

Basically you saying "I hate NFs" leaves me feeling very at a loss. I don't always understand why I am being included in the grouping; I don't understand why exactly you choose to make blanket statements that spread negativity; and most potently, I don't understand what, as an NF, I am supposed to do about you hating NFs. I do not like upsetting people, and my preference would be to change whatever about me makes people hate me. But if the answer is that you will not let me do anything about it, I don't really think it's fair for me to have to endure your negativity.

I also think there's something not very nice about knowing that people do watch you and listen to you, and are likely to consider you an authority and therefore adopt your opinions, and to use that influence as a tool for promoting a message that is harmful to others.

Before it starts to sound like I hate you, let me say that I actually rather like you. I just wish you would stop pointlessly insulting people, and I don't think that's particularly unreasonable to ask.

Posted from Cambridge

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So [MENTION=14697]Valis[/MENTION] how goes it? Any of these hundred post prove to be watershed in your femme hunt?

I fear this thread unfortunately is lost wrt the original topic. [MENTION=14697]Valis[/MENTION], my sincerest apologies about this :sorry:

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION], I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?

Yeah.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type... If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise."

There is more to say about the type of character involved when extraverted intuition is at play, of course. But these facets do supply a cause worthy of proper ascription... it goes beyond the 'understanding' of potential (as is typically correlated with Ne), to being consumed by potential at deep levels of the psyche. Lady X actually touched on that,

I've never read that and its not true at all ime. Yeah we can be enthusiastic and have way more faith in our intuition and ability than one would describe as reasonable but the most narcissistic people I've known we're istj and intp.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, for the record. I agree with Jung's assessment, "It is at once clear, both from the standpoint of political economy and on grounds of general culture, that such a type is uncommonly important." I just don't think many people see it for what it really is, and by extension, fail to see the other functions for what they really are.

Given all this information, I think you can find ENFP's at political rallies moreso than any other place, statistically.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not getting it. Such a type is uncommonly important? What is that meant to say?

That our egos are huge because we trust our intuition? How is that more true than say a ti Dom who trusts their introverted thinking? Or a ni Dom etc?

Please tell me how that makes any kind of sense.

MBTI Type
Mann
Yeah.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type... If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise."

There is more to say about the type of character involved when extraverted intuition is at play, of course. But these facets do supply a cause worthy of proper ascription... it goes beyond the 'understanding' of potential (as is typically correlated with Ne), to being consumed by potential at deep levels of the psyche. Lady X actually touched on that,

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, for the record. I agree with Jung's assessment, "It is at once clear, both from the standpoint of political economy and on grounds of general culture, that such a type is uncommonly important." I just don't think many people see it for what it really is, and by extension, fail to see the other functions for what they really are.

Given all this information, I think you can find ENFP's at political rallies moreso than any other place, statistically.

Reading that makes me think of playdough. Just like mush when I handle it :(. And no I'm not back yet. I will be back in full by the end of the week.

W

WALMART

Not getting it. Such a type is uncommonly important? What is that meant to say?

That our egos are huge because we trust our intuition? How is that more true than say a ti Dom who trusts their introverted thinking? Or a ni Dom etc?

Please tell me how that makes any kind of sense.

I could show you many studies detailing the fallibility of intuitive perception. And again, it's not that extraverted intuitors have above-average abilities of extraverted intuition (in a classical, non-Jungian sense), it's that they go all-in when the "answer" has been evidenced. I think other types can be egotistical, yes, but I wonder still why Jung explicitly cautions Ne users against their egos while no other type gets such warning...

Regarding the quote on being uncommonly important, are you familiar with the concept of 'fighting fire with fire'? Without Ne types the world likely would have ravaged itself a dozen times over throughout history. One could call a world without fire to be preferable, but what then would I cook my meat with?

Reading that makes me think of playdough. Just like mush when I handle it :(. And no I'm not back yet. I will be back in full by the end of the week.

As in tomorrow? :D It'll be nice having you around again.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could show you many studies detailing the fallibility of intuitive perception. And again, it's not that extraverted intuitors have above-average abilities of extraverted intuition (in a classical, non-Jungian sense), it's that they go all-in when the "answer" has been evidenced. I think other types can be egotistical, yes, but I wonder still why Jung explicitly cautions Ne users against their egos while no other type gets such warning...

Regarding the quote on being uncommonly important, are you familiar with the concept of 'fighting fire with fire'? Without Ne types the world likely would have ravaged itself a dozen times over throughout history. One could call a world without fire to be preferable, but what then would I cook my meat with?

You're harder than most to follow and I still don't buy that you've accurately understood whatever this is you've read.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Where would one most likely meet an ENFP and more importantly how would I recognise one?

There are occasionally women I meet whose personality I find naturally very attractive. It's like they seem to magically enthral me. They seem vivacious, witty, free spirits and just different. My assumption is that they are ENFPs. I try to analyse them but I'm nit too confident of my ability to type people.

It seems like pretty much this entire thread could be moved to off topic posts so here you go. These are normally the things that stand out to me about ENFPs. I'm also making the assumption that you are an INTJ male looking for an ENFP female, or an INTJ female looking for an ENFP female:

1. random outburst of genuine childlike excitement/emotion in the middle of a seemingly normal conversation
2. bright eyes
3. ability to say things that would be offensive coming from anyone else and people love them more for it somehow
4. if they're attracted to you they will probably (but not always) be more reserved around you than other people
5. a lot of people probably won't appreciate their intelligence/ability to have a deep conversation but it's there and can appear even in crazy outgoing social gatherings
6. very natural flow between serious conversation and zanyness
7. seem to be flirting with everyone at times (remember #4)

The conversation, in my experience, is generally very natural and easy between INTJ and ENFP. Although, I've often seen the interaction between INTJ/ENFP end up with the INTJ being the more outgoing of the two.

I'm sure I could come up with more but that's it off of the top of my head.

MBTI Type
Mann

The next one ;P

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
So [MENTION=14697]Valis[/MENTION] how goes it? Any of these hundred post prove to be watershed in your femme hunt?

Negative. I'm looking for the signs but haven't seen anyone that really fit the desciption.

There was one young lady at work that fitted the description. She had everyone wrapped around her fingers. I used to act even more stern around her just because I didn't want her to think she could manipulate me. Of course, inside I felt very glad whenever I came into contact with her and in the end we got on very well. She used to talk to me differently to most of the other men, less flirtatious, more serious. She acted very dizzy but actually was a law graduate. She's left now unfortunately! Meh she was too pretty for me anyway :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rasofy and DJArendee

:D Isn't it highly ironic and amusing to see that ENFPs are all over you when you do not properly utilize the 'emotional' language we find so crucial.
Fair enough. :) I'm still trying to figure out an ENFP-friendly way of saying things that work with me. One time I tried playing INTJ in an online interaction with an EXFP (as in "what would an INTJ say here?").

The results per se were great, but the direction of the conversation was getting unbearable. I'd end up encouraging the girl to talk about her feelings, when what I actually wanted to say was along the lines of

Luckily+I+don+t+know+that+feel+_890dacf26f4ffa2afcdd069606f51909.png

Especially considering the way Ti-users can crawl up your ass about grammar, spelling, definitions of words, double meanings and other logical fallacy crap in our posts.
True.

Totally thought we had already gone through this but okay...

The only places you will ever find ENFPs: (or say are good places to find ENFPs if that question is ever asked of you)

1.) Louvre
2.) Steven Hawking's office
3.) NASA
4.) The Pentagon
5.) Cambridge
6.) Oxford
7.) Preforming emergency surgery at St. Jude's hospital
8.) The UN
9.) Smithsonian
10.) White House
Lol!

Posted from Cambridge
:rotfl:

Aw, my favorite ENFP trio gathered here. :wubbie:

I must be doing something right.

THANK YOU!

I give practical advice. And when I give very specific locations, I suppose it sounds like I'm making judgements.

Yeah I suppose so. The OP wanted to find out exactly where to find ENFP's. I gave a very straightforward answer, albeit with a hint of implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.
implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.
implied mockery

Hey superstar, you need to work more on that finesse. :smile:

You don't have to love ENFPs as a group, but if you put some effort in trying to understand their perspective, you have a lot to gain.

Some of them are very bright, and their cognitive functions are pretty much the opposite of yours, so there are great chances that their awareness is gonna catch things and nuances that your cognitive blind spot would miss.

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I fear this thread unfortunately is lost wrt the original topic. [MENTION=14697]Valis[/MENTION], my sincerest apologies about this :sorry:

That's the nature of threads involving ENFPs ;)

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think the idea that there is a certain place to find ENFPs is a bit ridiculous. We are everywhere, just like everyone else. Be alive, interact in the world. Doing things that interests you is probably the best way to find people who will also interest you, whether they are ENFP or not. Be open. Have fun.

Where would one most likely meet an ENFP and more importantly how would I recognise one?

I understand that you'll find them in many places. It's more important to me that I can identify them wherever they are.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I understand that you'll find them in many places. It's more important to me that I can identify them wherever they are.
Why is it so important for you to be able to identify them? I don't quite understand that part. Your overall strategy or goal I guess...

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Why is it so important for you to be able to identify them? I don't quite understand that part. Your overall strategy or goal I guess...

Firstly it's interesting to type people.

Secondly, I really like enfps. I want to be able to identify them and get to know them better.

I don't tend to just strike up conversations with strangers very often. It takes me a lot of effort to do that and I'm a little self-consciouss even now I'm older and more mature. If I'm going to introduce myself and get to know someone better I want to make sure that it's worth the effort. I just want to be efficient :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Negative. I'm looking for the signs but haven't seen anyone that really fit the desciption.

There was one young lady at work that fitted the description. She had everyone wrapped around her fingers. I used to act even more stern around her just because I didn't want her to think she could manipulate me. Of course, inside I felt very glad whenever I came into contact with her and in the end we got on very well. She used to talk to me differently to most of the other men, less flirtatious, more serious. She acted very dizzy but actually was a law graduate. She's left now unfortunately! Meh she was too pretty for me anyway :)

For what it's worth, I will share a story with you. I have a little sister who is ENFP. We were talking on the phone the other night about this and that when she sighed kind of wistfully and said, "Rex, all I want is a man who is basically competent, maybe a touch manipulative, and dominant with a sweet side only I get to see." That quote was taken more or less verbatim as I unfortunately lack the imagination to make these kinds of things up. (In the same conversation she told me how much hated Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood because it was hard to see her lifelong ambition of fairy princess-hood squandered on someone who didn't even want it. Again, I wish that was some kind of exaggeration.)

The point I'm trying to make with my little anecdote is that ENFP women are, generally-speaking, as hardwired to be attracted to you as you are to be to them. That being said, sometimes the easiest way to attract a butterfly is just to stand still and let her land on your palm. All you need to do to find an ENFP is to relax and be yourself. Cliched advice, I know, but there's something to it in this case.

I'll also add at risk of being crass that ENFPs comprise just shy of 10% of the female population. There are TONS of them out there. But, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that on some level you probably already knew that. I think the issue that likely concerns you is not your ability to find one, but your ability to hold on to her once you've gotten involved with her. What will keep you interesting to her? That's not really a question I'm in a position to answer (though I'm sure one of the charming ENFP ladies you've already attracted to this thread will be happy to take it on), but my sense is that you can't go wrong as long as you're not just trophy hunting. That your attraction to this hypothetical ENFP girl has more to do with her as an individual than some archetype that you want simply for the thrill of attaining something you believed ought to be out of your reach. That never seems to end well.

Anyways. Those are my two cents.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:)

This is what draws me to specific guys. When I can tell they're treating me differently. When they talk to me with more depth than other people. It seems to be second nature to most INTJs and clearly you already do that so you should pretty much be primed for some ENFP lovin'.

The point I'm trying to make with my little anecdote is that ENFP women are, generally-speaking, as hardwired to be attracted to you as you are to be to them. That being said, sometimes the easiest way to attract a butterfly is just to stand still and let her land on your palm. All you need to do to find an ENFP is to relax and be yourself. Cliched advice, I know, but there's something to it in this case.

:yes:

We are typically on the hunt, too, FWIW, for someone who is different than the norm. For someone that doesn't just bask in the typical ENFP charm games and then leave, but who stops to analyze the person behind the curtain. Linger a little longer than the others in places. Pay attention to what you are drawn to that is different from the usual and linger with it, whether it be people or things or processes. That should help increase your chances, because ENFPs are going to pay attention to someone who does that.

Also there is really nothing more attractive than watching someone competent do their thing.

Fair enough. :) I'm still trying to figure out an ENFP-friendly way of saying things that work with me. [...]

Aw, my favorite ENFP trio gathered here. :wubbie:

I must be doing something right.

:wubbie: For whatever reason Rasofy your communication style never bothers me. Most NTP communication occasionally does. The way you communicate and my (ISFJ) boyfriend communicate are similarish. Maybe in part some kind of Ti/sp overlap, I dunno. Informative, chill, funny, with sincerity.