User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 144

Thread: Meeting ENFPs

  1. #81
    Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Two qualities ENFPs and INTJs seem to share are a healthy disdain for self-styled authorities, and a desire for interactions that go beyond superficial adulation.
    I'd add INFPs share this disdain as well.

  2. #82
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I'd add INFPs share this disdain as well.
    I agree with both of you. We like things authentic.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  3. #83
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    It is hurtful to me that I've never done anything personally to DJ but am doubly grouped in with his hate for NFs and 6s.

    But hey, I guess if you don't care about anyone but yourself, it doesn't really matter if someone else is hurt by what you say.

    Or if what you say is remotely accurate, for that matter.




    To be productive, here's what Jung said about finding Ne doms:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jung, Psychological Types
    The [extraverted] intuitive [...] is always present where possibilities exist. He has a keen nose for things in the bud pregnant with future promise. He can never exist in stable, long-established conditions of generally acknowledged though limited value: because his eye is constantly ranging for new possibilities, stable conditions have an air of impending suffocation. He seizes hold of new objects and new ways with eager intensity, sometimes with extraordinary enthusiasm, only to abandon them cold-bloodedly, without regard and apparently without remembrance, as soon as their range becomes clearly defined and a promise of any considerable future development no longer clings to them. As long as a possibility exists, the intuitive is bound to it with thongs of fate.
    Anywhere that lends itself to open-ended situations... the arts... bookstores... business ventures... nonprofit startups... political campaigns... grassroots rallies... school... coffee houses... big open creative events like street fairs... etc...

    @superunknown, I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?

  4. #84
    Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,053

    Default

    To say one type is crazy is ridiculous without admitting every type is crazy, in their own way.

    for example, ESFJs, to me, are just as crazy, if not more so, than the craziest ENFP

  5. #85
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Our crankiness usually manifests as snarkiness, sarcasm, self-aggrandizement that actually has some substance, and occasionally lectures. DJ seems more like an ESFP with a bee in his bonnet about . . . something? Reminds me of those middle school boys who show off and tease the girls to get their attention.
    actually you are spot on....

  6. #86
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I think we should have a thread where no one corrects the autocorrect and see how ridiculous it gets haha
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I recently had to block 3 ENFP's from the typefront facebook page because they were messaging me trying to convince me I'm an INFJ, and because they were also infatuated with me but also wanted to hate me all at the same time. And yes, the words out of their mouthes, after asking them why they were messaging me were, "Because I'm infatuated"

    My bias against ENFP's is because they are crazy and won't fuck off.
    I'm in. And I think do arendee is playing ing too.

  7. #87
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Pff...

    I don't hate anyone. Ya'll are reading too much into what I say.

    I have a doctorate in typology from the marlin brando school of thought.

  8. #88
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It is hurtful to me that I've never done anything personally to DJ but am doubly grouped in with his hate for NFs and 6s.

    But hey, I guess if you don't care about anyone but yourself, it doesn't really matter if someone else is hurt by what you say.

    Or if what you say is remotely accurate, for that matter.




    To be productive, here's what Jung said about finding Ne doms:



    Anywhere that lends itself to open-ended situations... the arts... bookstores... business ventures... nonprofit startups... political campaigns... grassroots rallies... school... coffee houses... big open creative events like street fairs... etc...

    @superunknown, I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?
    You shouldn't get upset over hatred to false concepts that you identify with. Its like getting upset because I tell you your pillow sucks.

  9. #89
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    To say one type is crazy is ridiculous without admitting every type is crazy, in their own way.

    for example, ESFJs, to me, are just as crazy, if not more so, than the craziest ENFP
    True.

    I am crazy in my own right at times.

  10. #90
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Personally, I think some ENFPs might be reading too much into things.

    It's like unless we mention either an intellectual sort of place or a totally generic one (thus, actively avoiding the 'wacky' ENFP stereotype), it must mean we have a low opinion on them.

    The point of this thread is not to let the world know that ENFPs can be found in shopping malls and in grocery stores (just like everyone else) - it's to find out places where the ENFP ratio should be statistically relevant.
    THANK YOU!

    I give practical advice. And when I give very specific locations, I suppose it sounds like I'm making judgements.

    Yeah I suppose so. The OP wanted to find out exactly where to find ENFP's. I gave a very straightforward answer, albeit with a hint of implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. ENFP here. Glad to meet you!
    By duck! in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 12:38 AM
  3. [ENFP] NFs and ENFPs and meeting new people...
    By gigi_xo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 01:12 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's are PARANOID! Hahahaha...um...
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:33 AM
  5. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO