• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Meeting ENFPs

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough.

From personalitypage.com, ENFP Personal Growth page

It is missing the 'May be crazy' line you were spouting though :D

Look, all those negative traits can definitely be an issue we struggle with. But come on, dude. It's not like we re *just* the combination of *all* those negative traits. Or that *all* of us struggle with *all* those negative traits. And that is where your bias shows through. You don't seem to value our good traits nearly as much as you focus on our negative ones :shrug:

Edit: and that is your good right. But if you are a public figure who holds sway...yeah, then it becomes an issue and your responsibility to actually make it clear that this is *YOUR* opinion and not fact.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pretty much amaragith. i mean...i think he takes his lil youtube status waaay tooo seriously but how can one expect to be respected on any sort of subject such as this with as many bias's as he has.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
If anyone wants to counteract my oppressive and invasive opinions, I challenge you to make a youtube channel where you equalize the internet against me.

Call your friends. Tell all your enfp friends to make youtube channels hating on ESTP's.

Do it, you won't.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course i won't. i would never have a youtube channel....and why would i want to hate on estps? i like estps just fine. you just feed off of this shit and want more of it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If anyone wants to counteract my oppressive and invasive opinions, I challenge you to make a youtube channel where you equalize the internet against me.

Call your friends. Tell all your enfp friends to make youtube channels hating on ESTP's.

Do it, you won't.

:) Thats coz we dont particularly hate ESTPs. And we would be guilty of the same bias you are holding. You're missing my point. Just like a judge in the supreme court, your personal values and experiences should not colour the verdict your render. You should uphold the law. In a similar vein, if you claim to be an authority on MBTI, I expect you to be unbiased and able to see the virtue and shortcomings of each type, no matter *what* your personal values and beliefs are. Your Ti should be capable of that. And if it isn't, then you should work at that, coz honestly, it will make you even more amazing at what you are aiming to do on youtube. I dont doubt you have the charisma, personality and even perhaps the knowledge to do what you do. But your bias is ruining your credibility. Consider it free advice and feedback, from me to you.

Anycase, Imma stop derailing this thread coz by now Im becoming just as guilty as you of derailing it from its original premise. we changed its entire ambiance which was rather pleasant which is unfortunate. Peace out ;)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
matter of fact the only way I'll get along with ENFP's is by saying only nice things about them.

[Mod Edit:flame removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
quickest way to get along with most people is by being nice to them but anyone with any amount of self awareness is capable of seeing their shortcomings.
it seems as though all you're capable of is seeing others shortcomings in how it affects you...you can't see your part in it...you can't even see that it's not fact. you can only see with your own limited vision and understanding. you really ought to educate yourself more...reflect more...learn to be more aware of the intricacies of personality before playing any type of authority on the matter.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a feeling [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] you're just being trolled. he likes it. also, you can't undumb the bumb. i'm sorry for whoever listens to his opinions but then again, you also have to trust that people are intelligent and have their own personal filter for bullshitery, so i'd advise you to not waste your time feeding this stupid negativity

CaddyQuinn

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP's define their own "crazy" we're pretty subjective lolz

ENFP Male

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a feeling [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] you're just being trolled. he likes it. also, you can't undumb the bumb. i'm sorry for whoever listens to his opinions but then again, you also have to trust that people are intelligent and have their own personal filter for bullshitery, so i'd advise you to not waste your time feeding this stupid negativity
You beat me to this observation. I know if I really disliked a particular group, I wouldn't bother telling someone else how to find them, or hang around a thread designed to pull them out of the woodwork.

Two qualities ENFPs and INTJs seem to share are a healthy disdain for self-styled authorities, and a desire for interactions that go beyond superficial adulation. Not surprising DJ has issues with at least some of us.

On topic: sorry I can't contribute to the ENFP hunt, but I can attest to the fact that often they will indeed find us, and it is usually worthwhile in the end.

sculpting

I recently had to block 3 ENFP's from the typefront facebook page because they were messaging me trying to convince me I'm an INFJ, and because they were also infatuated with me but also wanted to hate me all at the same time. And yes, the words out of their mouthes, after asking them why they were messaging me were, "Because I'm infatuated"

My bias against ENFP's is because they are crazy and won't fuck off.

DJ...for some reason I find myself wanting to pick on you...hmm, that is non-typical for me. Like pick on you in a fun sort of way, cause it feels like you are being whiny with Fi.....(this is not the truth, just my incorrect perception)

I wonder what gives...I was with an ISTP for about ten years and I was always careful to give him freedom and space and never really felt the urge to pick on him, but something about your interaction style is tempting....I think you may be being incorrectly read as a cranky INTJ or something by the enfps, thus they engage with you, I dunno...

edit-also good point cor has-why do you engage the enfps on thier thread? Just crank up the Fe and shun them if you dont want to be bothered by them??

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I think some ENFPs might be reading too much into things.

It's like unless we mention either an intellectual sort of place or a totally generic one (thus, actively avoiding the 'wacky' ENFP stereotype), it must mean we have a low opinion on them.

The point of this thread is not to let the world know that ENFPs can be found in shopping malls and in grocery stores (just like everyone else) - it's to find out places where the ENFP ratio should be statistically relevant.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally, I think some ENFPs might be reading too much into things.

It's like unless we mention either an intellectual sort of place or a totally generic one (thus, actively avoiding the 'wacky' ENFP stereotype), it must mean we have a low opinion on them.

The point of this thread is not to let the world know that ENFPs can be found in shopping malls and in grocery stores (just like everyone else) - it's to find out places where the ENFP ratio should be statistically relevant.

Actually the only issue any one had was with djs post #41 where he said anywhere that brings a lot of attention to ourself. Banging pots and pans etc. and it bugged us because he has not been shy about his disdain for enfps. That's it. Not another post in this thread indicating anyone is taking anything too seriously. So basically your whole post is based on nothing.

Just saying...

But I think a lot are waiters or bartenders and in school for some creative field or psychology... Maybe taking some creative classes... Or hair school it make up or fashion et c

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ iPhone typos don't feel like editing. :/

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what gives...I was with an ISTP for about ten years and I was always careful to give him freedom and space and never really felt the urge to pick on him, but something about your interaction style is tempting....I think you may be being incorrectly read as a cranky INTJ or something by the enfps, thus they engage with you, I dunno.
Our crankiness usually manifests as snarkiness, sarcasm, self-aggrandizement that actually has some substance, and occasionally lectures. DJ seems more like an ESFP with a bee in his bonnet about . . . something? Reminds me of those middle school boys who show off and tease the girls to get their attention.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ iPhone typos don't feel like editing. :/

Story of my life! It has recently started autocorrecting 'the' to 'Te' since I've started participating here. Greeeat.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Our crankiness usually manifests as snarkiness, sarcasm, self-aggrandizement that actually has some substance, and occasionally lectures. DJ seems more like an ESFP with a bee in his bonnet about . . . something? Reminds me of those middle school boys who show off and tease the girls to get their attention.

I think in all honesty were just not as swayed by his charms as the other types or we call him on his bullshit and challenge him more than his ego can tolerate.

W

WALMART

I don't know. Of the eight profiles Jung describes, the only one he singles out for being explicitly egocentric are Ne types. I think this is what DJ Arendee was referencing, with a heaping teaspoon of hyperbole.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never read that and its not true at all ime. Yeah we can be enthusiastic and have way more faith in our intuition and ability than one would describe as reasonable but the most narcissistic people I've known we're istj and intp. Egomaniacs come in all personality types tho and I think it's fair to say someone who thinks himself worthy to educate the masses in typology on YouTube and claims to be a life coach is someone with a reasonably large ego.