User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Meeting ENFPs

Stansmith

I feel like the differences between types in terms of interests is a bit exaggerated. I was involved in a drama club, and there were plenty of SPs and SJs. NFPs are gonna be a minority anywhere, and that's perfectly fine.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Totally thought we had already gone through this but okay...

The only places you will ever find ENFPs: (or say are good places to find ENFPs if that question is ever asked of you)

1.) Louvre
    2.) Steven Hawking's office
    3.) NASA
    4.) The Pentagon
    5.) Cambridge
    6.) Oxford
    7.) Preforming emergency surgery at St. Jude's hospital
    8.) The UN
    9.) Smithsonian
    10.) White House
    This is true. I'm currently performing emergency surgery.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    You shouldn't get upset over hatred to false concepts that you identify with. Its like getting upset because I tell you your pillow sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I cant speak for other enfps-but what I tend to do is take in feedback and try to change, if I have been doing something I was unaware of that is annoying. Hearing people complain about other enfps, often enlightens me as to something I also do. But if the feedback is really generic and simply "enfps suck" it is hard to understand what to do with that productively. In addition, it is one thing to say "this crazy enfp bitch sucks" but another to say" all enfps are crazy bitches", because although it is only a pesudo-science categorization, we do sense the underlying truths at times and self identify.

do you have a goal complaining about enfps or is it just blowing off steam and ranting? enfps can totally be crazy, but one of my favorite chicks was this bonkers ass crazy estp who had fiances in three states....she taught me so much about living so crazy is as it does I think
    Thank you mind-sister

It is as Oro said, DJ.

I can sort of understand what you are getting at by saying that NF is a concept and so it is not me, but the term is a descriptor of identity, and I identify with it, so it really is me. I do love my pillow, but if you took it away from me, I would still be very much myself. If you took away what of me is described by NF, what would be left would be very different. It just would not be me.

Basically you saying "I hate NFs" leaves me feeling very at a loss. I don't always understand why I am being included in the grouping; I don't understand why exactly you choose to make blanket statements that spread negativity; and most potently, I don't understand what, as an NF, I am supposed to do about you hating NFs. I do not like upsetting people, and my preference would be to change whatever about me makes people hate me. But if the answer is that you will not let me do anything about it, I don't really think it's fair for me to have to endure your negativity.

I also think there's something not very nice about knowing that people do watch you and listen to you, and are likely to consider you an authority and therefore adopt your opinions, and to use that influence as a tool for promoting a message that is harmful to others.

Before it starts to sound like I hate you, let me say that I actually rather like you. I just wish you would stop pointlessly insulting people, and I don't think that's particularly unreasonable to ask.

Posted from Cambridge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    So @Valis how goes it? Any of these hundred post prove to be watershed in your femme hunt?
    I fear this thread unfortunately is lost wrt the original topic. @Valis, my sincerest apologies about this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @superunknown, I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?
    Yeah.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type... If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise."

There is more to say about the type of character involved when extraverted intuition is at play, of course. But these facets do supply a cause worthy of proper ascription... it goes beyond the 'understanding' of potential (as is typically correlated with Ne), to being consumed by potential at deep levels of the psyche. Lady X actually touched on that,

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I've never read that and its not true at all ime. Yeah we can be enthusiastic and have way more faith in our intuition and ability than one would describe as reasonable but the most narcissistic people I've known we're istj and intp.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it, for the record. I agree with Jung's assessment, "It is at once clear, both from the standpoint of political economy and on grounds of general culture, that such a type is uncommonly important." I just don't think many people see it for what it really is, and by extension, fail to see the other functions for what they really are.

Given all this information, I think you can find ENFP's at political rallies moreso than any other place, statistically.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Not getting it. Such a type is uncommonly important? What is that meant to say?

That our egos are huge because we trust our intuition? How is that more true than say a ti Dom who trusts their introverted thinking? Or a ni Dom etc?

Please tell me how that makes any kind of sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Yeah.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type... If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise."

There is more to say about the type of character involved when extraverted intuition is at play, of course. But these facets do supply a cause worthy of proper ascription... it goes beyond the 'understanding' of potential (as is typically correlated with Ne), to being consumed by potential at deep levels of the psyche. Lady X actually touched on that,

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, for the record. I agree with Jung's assessment, "It is at once clear, both from the standpoint of political economy and on grounds of general culture, that such a type is uncommonly important." I just don't think many people see it for what it really is, and by extension, fail to see the other functions for what they really are.

Given all this information, I think you can find ENFP's at political rallies moreso than any other place, statistically.
    Reading that makes me think of playdough. Just like mush when I handle it . And no I'm not back yet. I will be back in full by the end of the week.
    Dirt Farmer

lata Ale
    Dirt Farmer

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Not getting it. Such a type is uncommonly important? What is that meant to say?

That our egos are huge because we trust our intuition? How is that more true than say a ti Dom who trusts their introverted thinking? Or a ni Dom etc?

Please tell me how that makes any kind of sense.
    I could show you many studies detailing the fallibility of intuitive perception. And again, it's not that extraverted intuitors have above-average abilities of extraverted intuition (in a classical, non-Jungian sense), it's that they go all-in when the "answer" has been evidenced. I think other types can be egotistical, yes, but I wonder still why Jung explicitly cautions Ne users against their egos while no other type gets such warning...

Regarding the quote on being uncommonly important, are you familiar with the concept of 'fighting fire with fire'? Without Ne types the world likely would have ravaged itself a dozen times over throughout history. One could call a world without fire to be preferable, but what then would I cook my meat with?

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Reading that makes me think of playdough. Just like mush when I handle it . And no I'm not back yet. I will be back in full by the end of the week.
    As in tomorrow? It'll be nice having you around again.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I could show you many studies detailing the fallibility of intuitive perception. And again, it's not that extraverted intuitors have above-average abilities of extraverted intuition (in a classical, non-Jungian sense), it's that they go all-in when the "answer" has been evidenced. I think other types can be egotistical, yes, but I wonder still why Jung explicitly cautions Ne users against their egos while no other type gets such warning...

Regarding the quote on being uncommonly important, are you familiar with the concept of 'fighting fire with fire'? Without Ne types the world likely would have ravaged itself a dozen times over throughout history. One could call a world without fire to be preferable, but what then would I cook my meat with?

As in tomorrow? It'll be nice having you around again.
    You're harder than most to follow and I still don't buy that you've accurately understood whatever this is you've read.
    -Jim Morrison