• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's do these descriptions fit you at all??

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's from personalitypage.com

The Goods

•They're exceptionally perceptive about people and situations. They're often able to quickly and accurately assess where someone is coming from.

•They accept and value people as individuals, and are strongly egalitarian. They believe that individuals have the right to be themselves, and are very tolerant and accepting of most people.

•They're often deep and intelligent, and may be quite brilliant in their ability to tie things together. They're wired to look for connections in the external world, and so may mentally put things together more easily than many.

•Their interest in understanding the world usually makes them in tune with what's socially acceptable and what isn't. This may help them to be popular and likable.

•They're highly creative. This ability may be used in an artistic way, or way to be used to generate ideas and new ways of thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bads

•May be what many would call a "sucker" - vulnerable to schemers and con artists.

•May get themselves into dangerous situations because they are too eager to push the envelope of their understanding, and not willing to apply judgment to anything.

•May feel intense anger towards people who criticise them or try to control them, but will be unable to express the anger. Left unexpressed, the anger may fester, simmer, and become destructive.

•May blame their problems on other people, using logic and ration to defend themselves against the world.

•May develop strong negative judgments that are difficut to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them.

•May get involved with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity, and generally seek mindless experiences and sensations.

•May skip from relationship to relationship without the ability to commit.

•May start projects but be unable to finish them.

•May be unable to keep a job for any length of time.

Do you identify with these?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Goods

•They're exceptionally perceptive about people and situations. They're often able to quickly and accurately assess where someone is coming from.
Yeah, I think so. I hate to assume that I'm usually right though.

•They accept and value people as individuals, and are strongly egalitarian. They believe that individuals have the right to be themselves, and are very tolerant and accepting of most people. YES. Big time.

•They're often deep and intelligent, and may be quite brilliant in their ability to tie things together. They're wired to look for connections in the external world, and so may mentally put things together more easily than many.
I'm definitely into deep and intellectual things. I love theorizing and analyzing, especially when it has to do with people, cultures, or language.

•Their interest in understanding the world usually makes them in tune with what's socially acceptable and what isn't. This may help them to be popular and likable.
Yeah, I think so. I can become paralyzed by social expectations sometimes. Or sometimes I just revolt :)
•They're highly creative. This ability may be used in an artistic way, or way to be used to generate ideas and new ways of thinking.
Yes. I love coming up with novel ways to do something, and love "crafting" and making things. I'm not like a brilliant painter or anything though, haha.

The Bads

•May be what many would call a "sucker" - vulnerable to schemers and con artists. Yes. Definitely.

•May get themselves into dangerous situations because they are too eager to push the envelope of their understanding, and not willing to apply judgment to anything. Yes. Definitely. I freak my family and husband out sometimes with my comfort in the city by myself and how friendly I am to people I see on the street.

•May feel intense anger towards people who criticise them or try to control them, but will be unable to express the anger. Left unexpressed, the anger may fester, simmer, and become destructive.

•May blame their problems on other people, using logic and ration to defend themselves against the world. Sometimes, but I can also be really harsh on myself, and have low expectations for others.

•May develop strong negative judgments that are difficut to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them. Yeah, I have struggled with this with my parents to some degree.

•May get involved with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity, and generally seek mindless experiences and sensations. Yep, I was definitely into experiencing those kinds of things when I was younger. I wasn't very promiscuous in that I didn't do sexual things with a lot of people, but I was interested in a lot of different guys for short periods of time, and had lots of little flings and makeouts.

•May skip from relationship to relationship without the ability to commit. Once I'm committed, I have no problem with it. I've had three long, healthy relationships in my life.

•May start projects but be unable to finish them. Guilty! Big time.

•May be unable to keep a job for any length of time. I tend stay in jobs for a long time, but would never stay in a job that wasn't fast-paced and heavy on interacting with people. I definitely need constant change in my life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The "goods", yes, very. I'm not really that creative in the sense of generating new ideas, but I am artistic in terms of illustrating variations on a theme.

I'm kind of 50/50 on the "bads". I like to be settled in one relationship and one job, but with lots of variety on a daily basis within those commitments. My sins are more in the realms of being indecisive, anxious, and moody. I definitely leave projects midway, though, and can be very defensive.

May develop strong negative judgments that are difficut to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them.

This is really interesting. I haven't seen it stated anywhere else but I really associate with it. Once someone has done something I find really unacceptable, I tend to permanently distance my life from them and have little interest in revisiting that decision. I don't wish them any harm but I don't judge it worth my time and energy to maintain or reform a connection once they've really hurt me without what I see as a good reason.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely feel like my greatest strength is my people skills. the ability to relate to so many different types of people on their level. people feel at ease with me because they feel seen and accepted. generally...if i'm talking to you it means i like you. i think people can sense that.

i am creative in everything i do...i can't just do things without trying to do them in a way that feeds that part of myself...if it can't be made interesting i probably just don't want to do it. even mundane things like say organizing your files...i must go buy a super cute file box and create a cute lil area to put it in....or maybe i have to clean but it's only fun if i decide to rearrange things in the process...or have music and candles going with a bit of wine...then it's like a whole zen thing...haha

so yeah...just in every way...i will make the presentation pretty at dinner or hand make some cool way to wrap a present..
i think creation is part of my every day yep even if i'm just creating a mood or experience instead of art.

the other stuff too...yeah i think it fits

the bad stuff...

yeah i'm a sucker...i mean i can spot a bullshitter...sometimes but...i too often think too well of people....or am too compassionate for my own good. i am currently living in my own self made hell in that regard...thanks to my wretched ex husband who really needs to just fuck off already.

yes mad anger for people who try to control me or screw me over continuously..haha bad day for me to answer these sorts of questions. :|

but no...not me personally with the drinking and drug issues or ever any promiscuity...thankfully my parents taught me self respect.

no issues with commitment...and no issues with staying with a job.

did i answer everything?? idk it's enough probably...why you interested in the nfs lately? you studying us? :(

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm not sure I'm ENFP, but everyone and his cousin thinks I am, so I'll tell you what I relate to and what I don't relate to:

The Goods

•They accept and value people as individuals, and are strongly egalitarian. They believe that individuals have the right to be themselves, and are very tolerant and accepting of most people.

The Bads

•May be what many would call a "sucker" - vulnerable to schemers and con artists. [More true of me when I was younger.]

•May get themselves into dangerous situations because they are too eager to push the envelope of their understanding, and not willing to apply judgment to anything. [More true of me when I was younger.]

•May feel intense anger towards people who criticise them or try to control them, but will be unable to express the anger. Left unexpressed, the anger may fester, simmer, and become destructive. [I do feel anger toward people who are demanding or excessively critical.]

•May blame their problems on other people, using logic and ration to defend themselves against the world.

•May develop strong negative judgments that are difficut to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them. [Hmm, kind of. I think I'm pretty good about following rules and generally doing what I'm told to do. But if people become overbearing, then I do get very upset.]

•May get involved with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity, and generally seek mindless experiences and sensations. [No way.]

•May skip from relationship to relationship without the ability to commit. [Not at all. This is a stereotype.]

•May be unable to keep a job for any length of time. [Not at all.]

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
thanks to my wretched ex husband who really needs to just fuck off already
sorry, lady x :( i've run into my fare share of assholes. it's really a problem.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry, lady x :( i've run into my fare share of assholes. it's really a problem.

thanks lady...it's alright...or will be. lessons learned etc :/

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
thanks lady...it's alright...or will be. lessons learned etc :/
it's so frustrating that you often don't get to see another person's true character until the end of a relationship. on the one hand, wisdom is often painfully won. but on the other hand, that just blows. :(

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's so frustrating that you often don't get to see another person's true character until the end of a relationship. on the one hand, wisdom is often painfully won. but on the other hand, that just blows. :(

i like that...wisdom is often painfully won...but yeah it sucks. i'm a happier person when i believe in the beauty of other people tho...so i hate to lose that..

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i like that...wisdom is often painfully won...but yeah it sucks. i'm a happier person when i believe in the beauty of other people tho...so i hate to lose that..
i often feel that tension in my life too - between wanting to be generous but also wanting to defend my boundaries. i've decided to err on the side of looking out for myself because the truth is that sadly, most people are incredibly selfish, at least in my experience. you can still appreciate them for what they are from afar without giving too much of yourself. idk, it works for me. i hope you find a balance that works for you.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Goods

Yes
Yes

Yes

No!?
Not really!? - i like music and play a couple of instruments, but that's mostly it

The Bads

•May be what many would call a "sucker" - vulnerable to schemers and con artists.
Yes

•May get themselves into dangerous situations because they are too eager to push the envelope of their understanding, and not willing to apply judgment to anything.
Yes

Yes - but I can express it

Yes

•May develop strong negative judgments that are difficut to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them.
Yes

•May get involved with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity, and generally seek mindless experiences and sensations.
Yes - isn't this being sx-dom?

Yes - tendency

Yes - it's so boring to develop

Yes, boring when you've already learned and everything is the same

S

Stansmith

Hmm:

The Goods

I don't discriminate against entire groups of people, but I can be judgmental about individuals unfortunately.

The Bads

sometimes

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
definitely feel like my greatest strength is my people skills. the ability to relate to so many different types of people on their level. people feel at ease with me because they feel seen and accepted. generally...if i'm talking to you it means i like you. i think people can sense that.

i am creative in everything i do...i can't just do things without trying to do them in a way that feeds that part of myself...if it can't be made interesting i probably just don't want to do it. even mundane things like say organizing your files...i must go buy a super cute file box and create a cute lil area to put it in....or maybe i have to clean but it's only fun if i decide to rearrange things in the process...or have music and candles going with a bit of wine...then it's like a whole zen thing...haha

so yeah...just in every way...i will make the presentation pretty at dinner or hand make some cool way to wrap a present..
i think creation is part of my every day yep even if i'm just creating a mood or experience instead of art.

the bad stuff...

yeah i'm a sucker...i mean i can spot a bullshitter...sometimes but...i too often think too well of people....or am too compassionate for my own good. i am currently living in my own self made hell in that regard...thanks to my wretched ex husband who really needs to just fuck off already.

yes mad anger for people who try to control me or screw me over continuously..haha bad day for me to answer these sorts of questions. :|

but no...not me personally with the drinking and drug issues or ever any promiscuity...thankfully my parents taught me self respect.

did i answer everything?? idk it's enough probably...why you interested in the nfs lately? you studying us? :(

Ha ha, just trying to get to know ENFP's better I guess. And also trying to see if everyone that says I'm an ENFP is right.

I know 2 ENFP's irl and all of the descriptions here for the most part fit them. I, on the other hand, don't identify with these things really.

I really like how you broke down how you're creative. Very interesting.

I was also wondering about the part about holding down a job and/or relationship...

I find that's not true. and like Honor said, just a stereotype

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha ha, just trying to get to know ENFP's better I guess. And also trying to see if everyone that says I'm an ENFP is right.

I know 2 ENFP's irl and all of the descriptions here for the most part fit them. I, on the other hand, don't identify with these things really.

I really like how you broke down how you're creative. Very interesting.

I was also wondering about the part about holding down a job and/or relationship...

I find that's not true. and like Honor said, just a stereotype

it seems like it's true for some enfps...enough to mention it in a general description i suppose. not an issue for me personally...i keep the jobs and the relationships i like for a long time usually.

edit: also...interesting that you're considering enfp for you. do you think it's possible that you're just a te heavy enfp? are you unsure of rather or not you use ne or ni? i can see how that's confusing...i mean i feel like i use both pretty well.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it seems like it's true for some enfps...enough to mention it in a general description i suppose. not an issue for me personally...i keep the jobs and the relationships i like for a long time usually.

edit: also.i..interesting that you're considering enfp for you. do you think it's possible that you're just a te heavy enfp? are you unsure of rather or not you use ne or ni? i can see how that's confusing...i mean i feel like i use both pretty well.
Well I know I'm an ENTJ in mbti......but recently I read the difference between an ENFp and ENTj in socionics and I can't decide.....I am much less apt to be able to see where ppl r coming from than an enfp tho. I feel like I idealize enfps actually lol...maybe that explains the many questions I have for them...cause I wanna be like them.

In any case the socionics description of an ENTj....is so ......cold...I don't think I'm that calculating. And they both seem to have uber problems with Si...ugh...although I'm not as sentimental and stuff like an ENFp is. So i m lost

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I am only responding because ENFP is what people tell me I am... but who knows? I'll give it shot:

The Goods

My response: I doubt that I do that. I've always seen myself as a bit self-referencing and sort of closed off (even though I am friendly and open and a bit of a laughtard). Another thing to consider it that I don't know what you mean by this; it doesn't sound how Ne would work.

My response: I guess. I do believe that people can do what they want as long as it doesn't get in my way. I used to go to a high school where everyone was themselves (no social "rules" to follow since the school is too big for that). I hated it when I had to leave and go to a school where everyone had a similar vibe =(

Ah, so although I am open and accepting, it's not because I am trying to let people express themselves or be perceptive about things... I just simply don't care about anything outside of my self-referential framework... so as long as you're not literally stabbing me with a knife I could care less about trying to make you feel bad for being different from my standards.

My response: I do not consider myself deep or intelligent. I can make connections, I do connect concepts together to help me understand my thoughts and feelings, but I don't force myself to do it or anything... the ideas just pop into my head ...and then I forget about it after a while.

My response: No? I am not oriented in such a way. If I am liked it's because I express myself honestly.

My response: I don't think creative it the word for me. I do like to understand/express/think things other people wouldn't though.

The Bads

My response: Maybe? If I was in seventh grade then I can see that lol.

My response: ....No? ...Yeah, actually no xD

My response: I mean, anyone would get angry at someone whose trying to control them. Although I am an angry person and I do express it... but it still simmers and festers. I don't think anyone has ever criticized or tried to control me in my life... so I wouldn't know about that part. But for sure, I am an angry person.

My response: No.

My response: Yes.

My response: No.

My response: So far, I don't care about people enough to get into any kind of relationship with them

My response: ...Sort of? Yeah, I can see that happening

My response: ...Sort of. I wouldn't apply this to a job... but random clubs that I joined in high school and college... I am bad at being a part of things.

Well, that was not enjoyable ^_^
Anyway, I don't like the approach of applying a set of traits to me ...but that's just me being nitpicky on how I describe myself.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The Goods

The Bads

I identify with all but keeping a job. Kept steady jobs for 2+ decades no less than 3 years at one and 16 years at the most.

The negative ENFP stuff I relate to more in my younger days. Thankfully- healthy maturity outgrows that stuff mostly. I experience some of that still- but at WAY lesser degrees / it's all less bothersome as you get older. There are benefits to aging! A consolation prize!

Dancing_Queen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The Goods

The Bads

The "Bads" are a complete miss except for the ones I highlighted. They actually sound much more like ESFP then ENFP.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The Goods

•They're exceptionally perceptive about people and situations. They're often able to quickly and accurately assess where someone is coming from. -- Id like to think I am. No one's perfect, but I seem more in tune with this than some of my fellow friends.

•They accept and value people as individuals, and are strongly egalitarian. They believe that individuals have the right to be themselves, and are very tolerant and accepting of most people.-- Yes.

•They're often deep and intelligent, and may be quite brilliant in their ability to tie things together. They're wired to look for connections in the external world, and so may mentally put things together more easily than many.-- I find yes, but not quickly at all. I am not quick to connect the dots--but I do connect them, sometimes to a fault.

•Their interest in understanding the world usually makes them in tune with what's socially acceptable and what isn't. This may help them to be popular and likable.-- Sometimes. I would never call myself a popular person--I wasn't at work, in the army, or otherwise. I'd say it gives a superficial popularity--everyone talked to me.. but frequently behind my back it was a different story. Ive found that to be the case most of my life.

•They're highly creative. This ability may be used in an artistic way, or way to be used to generate ideas and new ways of thinking.-- I don't know if I can say this entirely is me.. but I've been told by others I am artistic, so maybe that's something.

The Bads

•May be what many would call a "sucker" - vulnerable to schemers and con artists.-- Definitely. Though straight up cons are not my specialty, I fall prey to liars and cheats in my personal life all the time. Optimism has this odd way of making you treat everyone the same, even if the statistics have shown that 90% of those guys are going to do the exact same thing.

•May get themselves into dangerous situations because they are too eager to push the envelope of their understanding, and not willing to apply judgment to anything.-- Yes. Yes. Yes.

•May feel intense anger towards people who criticise them or try to control them, but will be unable to express the anger. Left unexpressed, the anger may fester, simmer, and become destructive.-- Definitely.

•May blame their problems on other people, using logic and ration to defend themselves against the world.-- I probably say other people's problems out loud a lot--but I feel my own problems are always caused by myself, to a fault. To the point of letting people off the hook that probably genuinely wronged me in life-long ways, because I felt it was my responsibility to identify that they were no good and shouldn't have been in my life. So no. Not this one at all.

•May develop strong negative judgments that are difficult to unseat against people who they perceive have been oppressive to them.-- Possibly. I don't know the extent of this.. I'm erring on No right now. For example, I feel the oppression from males vs females in my every day life... and yet, most of my friends and co-workers are male, and I've always tended to click with males more readily than the opposite gender. I don't begrudge anyone for world-wide idealism problems. I also don't begrudge my ex for being a total douche to me back in the day. He simply doesn't matter anymore.

•May get involved with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity, and generally seek mindless experiences and sensations.-- not at all.

•May skip from relationship to relationship without the ability to commit.-- Not at all.

•May start projects but be unable to finish them.-- I can be like this. It takes active discipline to overcome this natural tendency.

•May be unable to keep a job for any length of time.-- Not at all.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

the bad stuff...

I try to create every day, as well...
I think my own criticism combined with my mother and step-father's criticism makes it a bittersweet experience, though...