User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default How do you calm down?(!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!)

Hiya guys!

What do you people do? What do you DO?

I won't go into causes here, but for a reason that I rationally know is very silly I have been... I guess the end result is anxiety. I keep myself from actually thinking about it, because I know I can't do anything about it, so at least I'm not being overtly neurotic, so to speak (which for me is pretty good :P) But it just keeps lingering around me, or above me, or somewhere it shouldn't be anyway. I'm actually very busy at the moment, and although that too helps to actually keep my mind off it, as soon as I have a free minute it just comes back and the exhaustion makes it even worse (work is very busy at the moment and this does sort of interfere)

So, yeah, what strategies do you have to deal with these things? As I said, I do keep busy but there is just a constant anxiety or melancholy caused by this very small stupid thing that I can't shake off...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Heroin, cocaine, MDMA, weed, PCP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don't really have any of those... I think... might check the garden tomorrow... :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

The perfect remedy is yoga/meditation.

I don't understand if you're looking for a fast solution or long-term. Fast solution is taking pills. Longer term can be yoga. For me it really helped to accept that I can be anxious, but that was a longer process. It it's really stopping you from living, I tihnk it's ok to take a pill. But for health purposes I'd really advice yoga, or something that can recenter you in your body (just physical sports won't do)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Listen to music, dance, do yoga, meditate, take a walk, talk to a friend, burn incense, and a little reefer never hurts
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Heroin, cocaine, MDMA, weed, PCP
    Nothin' like some PCP to soothe your soul

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, at the moment I was thinking a bit more short term (though I should give yoga a shot I don't have the time atm... and also I'm really crap at keeping things up...), especially as I've been fine for quite a while, and then this small thing got me all out of phase

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Susah View Post
    Well, at the moment I was thinking a bit more short term (though I should give yoga a shot I don't have the time atm... and also I'm really crap at keeping things up...), especially as I've been fine for quite a while, and then this small thing got me all out of phase
    i know this sounds stupid, but (i learned it from yoga) just taking deep breaths, and longer ones...really helps. if you do that for 2/3 mins, then you'll feel calmer right after. i swear. if you try the 4 step breathing thing, then you breathe in counting till 4, stop it at max lung volume and count to 4, breathe out counting to 4, and stop it at min lung volume counting to 4. do that a couple of times.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Try some yoga-like practice without the classes then. Breathe in through your nose counting to 5, feel your ribs and belly expand. Breathe out through your nose counting to 5, feel your belly button go up and in toward your spine. To bring a little bit of meditation into it, on inhales breathe in peace (or any other positive thing you want to cultivate. It could be really specific to your problem even), and on exhales breathe out the feelings of stress (or whatever you need to rid yourself of.) Do that for a little while, and you might find both your mind and body have calmed down together.

EDIT: Close your eyes
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.