Nothin' like some PCP to soothe your soul
    I'm assuming that's after you gouge your eyes out

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Hmm, taking a hot shower always helps. So does meditating. xo

A_priori

Grab a couple super cold items from the freezer, squeeze and pay close attention.

Brainwave entrainment (listen to audio tuned to a specific frequency), breathing exercises, exercise, masterbation, magnesium, aniracetam.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Deep breaths. Yoga. Brainwave entrainment sounds combined with deep breaths if actually panicking or having heart palpitations.

I also get angry bc of ptsd issues, and physical exercise or being in water is good for that.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE PCP. Don't even drink heavily. It doesn't work.

If you can control your drinking to a couple of glasses of wine, awesome, but alcohol in excess just masks or even exaggerates the underlying problem.

A little marijuana might be fine, but it actually makes some people paranoid.

You could take valerian or sip cammomile tea.

Sex makes me feel better. Unless it leads to drama.

Hmmm get enough sleep. And I find I am calmer if I don't spend too much time on line. Technology supposedly amps up your nervous system any way ( people will go with out sleep because of tv and computer in their bedroom) and the internet is just full of assholes to disagree with which isn't very relaxing.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Go into nature and take my socks and shoes off. I look at everything, not ignore it, take in a deep breath, and accept it.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Sleep

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Susah View Post
    Hiya guys!

What do you people do? What do you DO?

I won't go into causes here, but for a reason that I rationally know is very silly I have been... I guess the end result is anxiety. I keep myself from actually thinking about it, because I know I can't do anything about it, so at least I'm not being overtly neurotic, so to speak (which for me is pretty good :P) But it just keeps lingering around me, or above me, or somewhere it shouldn't be anyway. I'm actually very busy at the moment, and although that too helps to actually keep my mind off it, as soon as I have a free minute it just comes back and the exhaustion makes it even worse (work is very busy at the moment and this does sort of interfere)

So, yeah, what strategies do you have to deal with these things? As I said, I do keep busy but there is just a constant anxiety or melancholy caused by this very small stupid thing that I can't shake off...
    Meditation. Give yourself some time to think about what's going on, don't just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Focus on the air going through your nostrils, and then let your thoughts infiltrate your mindspace. Once they come, observe them but don't let them affect you. When your thoughts come, you'll probably forget about the air going through your nostrils and be distracted. At this point you need to discipline your mind and refocus on the air through your nostils. Do this for about an hour and a half. Allow your thoughts to come, then refocus on your breathing again.

When its over your mind will be clear as day. It feels like stepping out of the shower when you're done. All those cluttered thoughts that you're unaware of are driving you mad.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hiya guys!

What do you people do? What do you DO?

I won't go into causes here, but for a reason that I rationally know is very silly I have been... I guess the end result is anxiety. I keep myself from actually thinking about it, because I know I can't do anything about it, so at least I'm not being overtly neurotic, so to speak (which for me is pretty good :P) But it just keeps lingering around me, or above me, or somewhere it shouldn't be anyway. I'm actually very busy at the moment, and although that too helps to actually keep my mind off it, as soon as I have a free minute it just comes back and the exhaustion makes it even worse (work is very busy at the moment and this does sort of interfere)

So, yeah, what strategies do you have to deal with these things? As I said, I do keep busy but there is just a constant anxiety or melancholy caused by this very small stupid thing that I can't shake off...
    I have alwasy found it mighty difficult to relax, i feel like i have electrical currents running through my veins and even if not outwardly apparent it is very hard for me to relax.

Meditation i find almost impossible, i can relax somewhat but it takes a great deal of effort. I am not the best at self relaxing but do find working with others helps at least get kick started, i had some one to one yoga which really helped. Also if it is physical energy and not mental energy running could help... or just regular exercise.

To calm down though hmm.... someone with a good helping of patience to talk to ususally does the trick.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Society

I won't go into causes here
    ...that's probably your first mistake.