User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default How to spot an ENFX?

How do I spot ENFX types? I keep mistaking them for ESFX types. Give me key differentiators for ENFX versus ESFX.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I can see your problem because I'm still not sure if my mother is an ENFJ or an ESFJ. So I'm going to listen carefully to everyone's opinions on this topic.

Regarding ESFP/ENFP, can't you see the clear difference between Ne and Se? Speaking as an ENFP, I'm not superficial, though I may pretend to be so in order to get things from people. That is, if you are attentive, you will see more depth behind my façade... what I'm interested in is understanding how things work, how the universe is connected, seeing patterns etc (you've got Ne too, so maybe you can understand what I mean). The descriptions I read online of ENFPs are indeed similar to ESFPs (bubbly, happy, upbeat etc). I think this is fake. Most of the time I'm in semi-contemplative mood or melancholic, I'm only fake bubbly if I'm in a group of people. Something else I do, and maybe you might notice in other ENFPs, is that I have very lively, expressive eyes, they are big and seem to want to "eat the world". I spend a lot of time observing, rather than participating....trying to understand the room, understand the people.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I can see your problem because I'm still not sure if my mother is an ENFJ or an ESFJ. So I'm going to listen carefully to everyone's opinions on this topic.

Regarding ESFP/ENFP, can't you see the clear difference between Ne and Se? Speaking as an ENFP, I'm not superficial, though I may pretend to be so in order to get things from people. That is, if you are attentive, you will see more depth behind my façade... what I'm interested in is understanding how things work, how the universe is connected, seeing patterns etc (you've got Ne too, so maybe you can understand what I mean). The descriptions I read online of ENFPs are indeed similar to ESFPs (bubbly, happy, upbeat etc). I think this is fake. Most of the time I'm in semi-contemplative mood or melancholic, I'm only fake bubbly if I'm in a group of people. Something else I do, and maybe you might notice in other ENFPs, is that I have very lively, expressive eyes, they are big and seem to want to "eat the world". I spend a lot of time observing, rather than participating....trying to understand the room, understand the people.
    I would agree with everything except this. I don't think these descriptions are fake per se, just largely exaggerated and not that trustable. It seems by the way you describe your general mood, that you lean towards a melancholic temperament, but sanguine ENFPs like me are generally more lively.

And why would you be "fake bubbly" around people?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I see what pinkgrafitti is saying about being bubbly, but I kind of disagree. For me, I am definitely optimistic and have a real love for life, but I think I have a darker side as well. ENFPs often have a sarcastic or macabre sensibility that I think is less often seen in ESFPs. I think it has everything to do with Ne, enjoying those "telling" connections about hypocrisy, greed, or deceit that we are keen to (ENFPs are highly concerned with authenticity). What I do agree with pinkgrafitti on is that when we're with people, we can be a little more "bubbly" in that pure childish sense (or even in a screechy girl sense) than we naturally get only because we know that's what the social climate is calling for. We can go the other way too. I have an INTJ friend who thought I was definitely an introvert (I'm 83% extrovert) because when I'm with him, I adjust to his tone and sit quietly and talk rationally with him.

As for ESFJ versus ENFJ, I know quite a few of both types. I can say that the ESFJs are big 'everything according to the rules' people. They adhere very closely to norms (very off the rack clothing style, traditional food preferences), and are all about working hard to have a perfect home to to host people in. Both types REALLY want to help you, and I've experienced both pushing 'help' and being offended or hurt when I don't take it. The ENFJs I know are a little more 'bohemian'. They love music, are always bursting with creative ideas, and are definitely more fierce and vocal about their beliefs (political and otherwise). They're more outside the box thinkers, and although they love to host people, are usually a little less clean and perfect with their housekeeping.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

ENFPs will laugh at your Ne taunts and shoot back. ESFPs will look at you puzzled.

Also, look for the girl who is slighly disheveled in appearance - like has a leaf stuck in her hair, and her blouse on inside out and walks into doors.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    What I do agree with pinkgrafitti on is that when we're with people, we can be a little more "bubbly" in that pure childish sense (or even in a screechy girl sense) than we naturally get only because we know that's what the social climate is calling for.
    @Dancing_Queen This. thank you @nicolita.
    I get excited around people because my Ne has a chance to play, there are new variables to understand etc - i might be genuinely bubbly
    but a part of it is also exagerated (you are right @Dancing_Queen, i was exagerating, i didnt mean "fake" but just "augmented). i might choose to exagerate it because I want to help the general mood, or i want something from those people, like, that they excite me, give me stuff to feed my Ne. I'm sorry, i'm not being very good at expressing what i want to say..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I see what pinkgrafitti is saying about being bubbly, but I kind of disagree. For me, I am definitely optimistic and have a real love for life, but I think I have a darker side as well. ENFPs often have a sarcastic or macabre sensibility that I think is less often seen in ESFPs. I think it has everything to do with Ne, enjoying those "telling" connections about hypocrisy, greed, or deceit that we are keen to (ENFPs are highly concerned with authenticity). What I do agree with pinkgrafitti on is that when we're with people, we can be a little more "bubbly" in that pure childish sense (or even in a screechy girl sense) than we naturally get only because we know that's what the social climate is calling for. We can go the other way too. I have an INTJ friend who thought I was definitely an introvert (I'm 83% extrovert) because when I'm with him, I adjust to his tone and sit quietly and talk rationally with him.

As for ESFJ versus ENFJ, I know quite a few of both types. I can say that the ESFJs are big 'everything according to the rules' people. They adhere very closely to norms (very off the rack clothing style, traditional food preferences), and are all about working hard to have a perfect home to to host people in. Both types REALLY want to help you, and I've experienced both pushing 'help' and being offended or hurt when I don't take it. The ENFJs I know are a little more 'bohemian'. They love music, are always bursting with creative ideas, and are definitely more fierce and vocal about their beliefs (political and otherwise). They're more outside the box thinkers, and although they love to host people, are usually a little less clean and perfect with their housekeeping.
    Yes, I think that's the difference between us and ESFPs, and how I knew I wasn't one. It has to be real to be enjoyed, while they don't worry so mush about this things.

BTW, your avatar and signature are beautiful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ENFPs will laugh at your Ne taunts and shoot back. ESFPs will look at you puzzled.

Also, look for the girl who is slighly disheveled in appearance - like has a leaf stuck in her hair, and her blouse on inside out and walks into doors.
    I keep reading this description of typical ENFP appearance but I'm yet to see it. Me and the other three ENFPs I came across to in the last two years are into fashion and very put together.

Totally agree about the clumsiness, though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    @Dancing_Queen This. thank you @nicolita.
    I get excited around people because my Ne has a chance to play, there are new variables to understand etc - i might be genuinely bubbly
    but a part of it is also exagerated (you are right @Dancing_Queen, i was exagerating, i didnt mean "fake" but just "augmented). i might choose to exagerate it because I want to help the general mood, or i want something from those people, like, that they excite me, give me stuff to feed my Ne. I'm sorry, i'm not being very good at expressing what i want to say..
    Oh I get you, no problem

I'm just too lazy to do it when I'm tired or down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I keep reading this description of typical ENFP appearance but I'm yet to see it. Me and the other three ENFPs I came across to in the last two years are into fashion and very put together.

Totally agree about the clumsiness, though
    Dude, you should meet me. While I can be very appearance oriented, the truth of the matter is that somehow I will not notice the fact that I put on my dress backwards. Or that my earring is stuck somehow. Or I didn't care where I sat down in teh garden and now my wrap is covered in dead leaves. Not to mention being covered in cat hair coz I had a snuggle session with my baby. It's...surreal. And of course, I'm even more oblivious when it comes to the normal routine of the day when I have 10 gazillion other things on my mind and throw on my clothes without even looking in the mirror
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”