User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I think the fault of any type not understanding another lies in not pursuing the concepts with real interest, not some inherent "you don't think like me" barrier.

I've been typed things from "monster INTP" to "transcendent of functions". I've done a lot of research into the subject, and I'm pretty sure I understand how Ne works. Non-biased, it is my favorite function, responsible for everything from America's establishment to this present debate. My brother is my best friend, and I'm almost positive he is ENFP with scathing levels of Te. If Socionics is anything to go by, my ideal partner is IEE.

Just because I criticize something doesn't mean I don't value it, or understand it, or appreciate all its capacities. I am simply critiquing its existence, something @Kalach actually informed me I would be unable to do regarding Ne.

But if you feel this rift too wide, simply because I identify ISTP and you identify ENFP... so be it.
    i didn't think you were critiquing anything and i certainly don't think there's an inherent you don't think like me barrier...i do enjoy learning about different functions but i don't think it's possible to understand each and every one as intimately as someone who uses them would.

i don't have any comments on your particular view of yourself as some super istp type or who or what your ideal type is

just honestly think your view of ne is limited.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i didn't think you were critiquing anything and i certainly don't think there's an inherent you don't think like me barrier...i do enjoy learning about different functions but i don't think it's possible to understand each and every one as intimately as someone who uses them would.

i don't have any comments on your particular view of yourself as some super istp type or who or what your ideal type is

just honestly think your view of ne is limited.
    Right on the nail. @superunknown seems to understand Ne in theory; or at least being able to remember the accurate description, but has failed to make a one liner that wasn't grossly wrong.

I could talk about Ti for hours, but I would never attempt to point out how an user typically acts or fees, for I'm not one myself.

If you believe your ideal partner is an IEE, then with a bit of luck you'll have all the opportunities to observe Ne in action on a daily basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ENFPs will laugh at your Ne taunts and shoot back. ESFPs will look at you puzzled.
    I agree with this.

ENF's look "through things" to see underlying things/to read between lines. ESF's don't do this as much. ESF's are more concerned in this and now unlike ENF's who can be a bit "dreamy".

Stansmith

The Sensor response to Ne is more like "haha, *repeats what you said* " or "you're funny/crazy".

They can get the gist of what you're saying, but they're not gonna expand it or go to Ne land with you.

Infinite Bubble

It's a pointless question, because one can't "spot" a type without intimately understanding the individual's thought processes. ENFPs and ENFJs don't even share any of the same functions. It's a misnomer that because three of the four letters are the same, they are somehow very similar characteristically to each other. Not true - their cognitive processes are completely different from each other.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The Sensor response to Ne is more like "haha, *repeats what you said* " or "you're funny/crazy".

They can get the gist of what you're saying, but they're not gonna expand it or go to Ne land with you.
    Really? My ESFJ bestie is pretty damn good at going along with it. I don't know if she has kickass Ne for my sake or just because she's awesome, but I can say for sure that a lot of Ne has infiltrated our conversations. I think it's more ESPs who have a lower tolerance for what I say.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Really? My ESFJ bestie is pretty damn good at going along with it. I don't know if she has kickass Ne for my sake or just because she's awesome, but I can say for sure that a lot of Ne has infiltrated our conversations. I think it's more ESPs who have a lower tolerance for what I say.
    Yeah, I think SJs are usually pretty good with Ne banter. Strong Se types sometimes seem bored with it, or like it's incredibly stupid... My ISTP brother says that a lot of what I say is "useless", lol.