Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I keep reading this description of typical ENFP appearance but I'm yet to see it. Me and the other three ENFPs I came across to in the last two years are into fashion and very put together.

Totally agree about the clumsiness, though
    Yes! I love fashion too, and am often complimented on my fashion sense. Literally the ONLY tv show I watch is Project Runway (I watch it for the fashion, not the drama, haha). I never get that description of us either. I do tend to have little stains or wrinkles or maybe a missing stone in a necklace or worn out shoes, something which my ESFJ friends wouldn't dream of. I love getting funky with my look though.

You can count me in with the clumsy crowd too. It's bad
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

WALMART

ENFJ's will take you to [insert religious denomination here] on Sunday

ESFJ's will take you downtown for tacos and a museum

ENFP's are big socialites

ESFP's are hipsters

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    ENFJ's will take you to [insert religious denomination here] on Sunday

ESFJ's will take you downtown for tacos and a museum

ENFP's are big socialites

ESFP's are hipsters
    ESFPs are socialites, ENFPs are hipsters/aliens

Stansmith

The difference between me and an ESFP is that I'm not stimulated by conversations about sneakers and bad b-tches

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    ESFPs are socialites, ENFPs are hipsters/aliens
    This is not what I have extrapolated from my studies.

Se would host a dinner party primarily for fostering a good atmosphere for company, for example.

Ne would host a dinner party primarily to foster healthy social connections.

Ne looks for "what they can get" out of something. Se looks for the general pleasure of experience.

It's pretty well laid out; I even remember reading this on Socionics forums...

Thinking back, I find it funny @DJ Arendee typed the traditional 'gangster' type as ENFP. I see what he meant now (presuming his mind hasn't changed).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I see what pinkgrafitti is saying about being bubbly, but I kind of disagree. For me, I am definitely optimistic and have a real love for life, but I think I have a darker side as well. ENFPs often have a sarcastic or macabre sensibility that I think is less often seen in ESFPs. I think it has everything to do with Ne, enjoying those "telling" connections about hypocrisy, greed, or deceit that we are keen to (ENFPs are highly concerned with authenticity). What I do agree with pinkgrafitti on is that when we're with people, we can be a little more "bubbly" in that pure childish sense (or even in a screechy girl sense) than we naturally get only because we know that's what the social climate is calling for. We can go the other way too. I have an INTJ friend who thought I was definitely an introvert (I'm 83% extrovert) because when I'm with him, I adjust to his tone and sit quietly and talk rationally with him.

As for ESFJ versus ENFJ, I know quite a few of both types. I can say that the ESFJs are big 'everything according to the rules' people. They adhere very closely to norms (very off the rack clothing style, traditional food preferences), and are all about working hard to have a perfect home to to host people in. Both types REALLY want to help you, and I've experienced both pushing 'help' and being offended or hurt when I don't take it. The ENFJs I know are a little more 'bohemian'. They love music, are always bursting with creative ideas, and are definitely more fierce and vocal about their beliefs (political and otherwise). They're more outside the box thinkers, and although they love to host people, are usually a little less clean and perfect with their housekeeping.
    That's so curious an observation about ENFJs being more fierce about their political beliefs. The ENFJ I know is not fierce about anything for fear of being considered callous. But she could easily be the exception to the norm.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I think ENFPs can be interpreted as hipsters sometimes because we're can be into "deep/artsy" music and movies. We also see ourselves as unique and have lots of interests, so maybe we dress a little loud. At the moment I'm wearing outer space yoga pants for example . We are also a little more prone to rejecting trends/styles/music that we believe to "see through." ESPECIALLY art. I just can't get down with music and movies that seem fabricated for maximum crowd pleasing and financial gain. ESFPs might be a little more prone to latching on to a trend for the aesthetic reasons, and may be more into pop culture or hipster culture that is marketed for the masses?

EDIT: I don't know any ESFPs, so that's why I'm trying to talk more about ENFPs with this explanation, and also why I turned that last sentence into a question Maybe ComebackGirl can speak to this? I know I asked her about music and movies, and she said she doesn't like anything too deep, just poppy dance and funny happy movies, so maybe that's where I'm getting a little of that from.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Stansmith

Se would host a dinner party primarily for fostering a good atmosphere for company, for example.

Ne looks for "what they can get" out of something. Se looks for the general pleasure of experience.

Thinking back, I find it funny @DJ Arendee typed the traditional 'gangster' type as ENFP. I see what he meant now (presuming his mind hasn't changed).
    I see your point. An actualized, mature ENFP will be much more charming than an ESFP. There's an innate "wise-ness" in us that can be deadly in social situations with confidence.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I see your point. An actualized, mature ENFP will be much more charming than an ESFP. There's an innate "wise-ness" in us that can be deadly in social situations with confidence.
    Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

While Im all for defending the sfps as they are getting that typical sensor bias bullshit in this thread again, I have to disagree with your view of Ne.

Ne simply isnt that calculating...that sounds more like overly active Fe or so-instinct, tbh. Ne is also about having fun but in a different way, it is about seeking out the potential in people and having fun with word games and enriching (every)one's mind...an exchange of ideas really. Dinner is just a way to come together and connect with others in that way, tbh
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”