User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Infinite Bubble

Yeah, I don't see anything surprising, it's no more or less so than it'd be in regards to any other type.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I've heard a few stories before about acts of evil from my IXFP friends. So I agree with this to a great extent.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

if anything, I'm surprised how NOT prone they are. when I was first learning about functions, I pictured Fi as this super assertive, convicted, aggressive function that led revolutions, exploded in anger when their values where crossed and practiced a vigilante, chaotic-good sort of justice (like, I would have probably seen most of them as Sexual 1s, cp6s, 7s or 8s)

the more I learn about them, they're much more mellow/gentle most of the time
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Are tremendous acts of evil a consequence of emoting or are they a consequence of cold calculated planning? Are they impulsive and immediate or spontaneous or are they long in the planning and execution?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are tremendous acts of evil a consequence of emoting or are they a consequence of cold calculated planning? Are they impulsive and immediate or spontaneous or are they long in the planning and execution?
    Any or all of the above, and so much more...
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    xxTP

The thread title is genius!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    IXFP’s are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil

However they tend to be incapable of bringing these realities to fruition.
    Maybe it has already been pointed out, but these two statements contradict each other.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    The thread title is genius!

Maybe it has already been pointed out, but these two statements contradict each other.
    I think the key words are "tend to"

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

I'm sorry, I was just thinking it was hilarious to imagine that IxFP disorganisation and bad follow-through are the central impediments to their potential villainy - "you know, if I could only get my shit together I could be truly evil".

It's something INTPs get accused of often.

Who knew disorganization and weak extroversion could be forces of Good.

Thank you for bringing this perspective. It made my day (as a slacker!)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    INFPs are my functional opposite; they're all grounded and realistic with stuff, wanting to keep the proper principles and preserve stability, just like those boring old ISTJs!

ISTPs on the other hand have both Ti and Ni, the ultimate functions of supreme intellect! Se is also there to give our extreme visions a reality check, to take pieces from the external world and build them up into an integral construct!

If you want to be like God and become an ISTP, too bad. INFPs are farther away from the divine ISTP level than anyone..... hahahahahahahaha!
    Yet I wouldn't trade the ones in my life for the world. They have what I dont.
    Im out, its been fun

I would definitively agree with this. Superunknown was right to accuse Fi of being like the monster under the bed because it is. It allows the self to be understood to the point where everything repulsive and horrible about the self is not just known but accepted. In layman's terms there is an ultimate evil/antichrist down there and you will see it and realise that it is you. When you do you will either run from it or get in touch with it (be aware that the latter is more useful to personal development.)

I have imagined myself filling many roles of self actualisation: curing cancer, sacrificing myself to stop a catastrophic nuclear reactor explosion, leading a revolution against a tyrannical oppressor, writing a best selling novel, becoming an astronaut, becoming a time traveller, becoming a facepalm inducing OP super hero or magician, becoming immortal etc. However I have also envisioned myself as the villain and at my deepest (with any and all inhibitions removed) I can see myself as pretty much the devil himself and see myself capable of such atrocities and acts of pure terror and callousness that manage to far outweigh anything the Nazis and other unpleasant little nuggets throughout history ever managed to accomplish. You can envision a version of yourself bringing ruin to the whole world (or even the universe itself) and actually enjoying it. It's one of the reasons why I believe Hitler was an INFP. What's worse is sometimes it feels fun playing the antagonist even if I rarely get beyond harmless manipulation and shameless selfishness.

I can't say if this is typical of IFPs. I would think that even if it were very few would be willing to admit it to others. Of course I think others are just as capable of "tremendous acts of evil" but in their cases have they had the luxury of seeing it within themselves in full capacity and learnt to accept it? Is it possible to fear something you understand?