First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    When an Fi person gives voice to it, it's all messy Te, badly articulated at times, lacking logic, strewn with emotion. It's hard to get that stuff out of the feeling realm and into the realm of provable, objective Te. It gets easier with age, but still, it's a challenge.
    This is a pain. I want to speak up, but know from experience that when I do, there WILL be an important logical or objective Thing I have missed. Or didn't care about. Or already understand and actually agree with, but just can't address articulately.

If anyone has similar experiences, how do you hold your ground and stay credible to others (and maybe even yourself if you're low on confidence) when the person you're talking to has found the Thing?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    My Feeling is rather low compared to the other preferences, but I'm still not buying this Sensor business. I'm in my head way too much.
    I am of the opinion that you are definitely INFP, whether you prefer to look at the cognitive functions or the plain ol' dichotomies - either way, it works.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Has anyone pointed out the grammar fail in the thread title yet?
    Not that I noticed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Anyhow, if something violates our Fi, there's often not a lot we're unwilling to do to either eliminate it or get it to conform to our standards. If we can't, we'll adopt an antagonistic or bitter, jaded, and withdrawn approach, or some combination thereof.
    You know it's not always correct. But yes, not much point arguing with it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    I am of the opinion that you are definitely INFP, whether you prefer to look at the cognitive functions or the plain ol' dichotomies - either way, it works.
    Yes, I am quite certain that I am.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I know I can be a vicious, vindictive bastard if pushed enough. The problem is my conscience always comes back to bite me in the ass later.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

I'm sorry, I was just thinking it was hilarious to imagine that IxFP disorganisation and bad follow-through are the central impediments to their potential villainy - "you know, if I could only get my shit together I could be truly evil".
    O M G

As to the OP. A scene from the movie Apocalypse now comes to mind, called The Horror. In the end, lots of types can suspend their morality-humanity and even their reason, to achieve their own agenda.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    EXFP
    Enneagram
    7,3 sx
    Socionics
    ESFP

Psychological evil, yes, or we could even say psychic evil. But let's be sure not to confuse capability with tendency. You might as well call XFP psychic, and anything you're capable of doing with that power is possible.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    While I've never been actively malicious, I have from a pretty early age carried a sense of containing the full range of human potentialities inside, but also believe it's a universal thing. It's every individual's power and responsibility. In that way, hearing that I'm capable of evil is no newsflash, but so are you.
    I really agree with this. Somehow, I find it easy to empathize with others because I feel as though everyone has the potential to do great harm or good.

It's like Dumbledore said. "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

So suck it if I do have dark twisted thoughts.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How can you be capable of something you are incapable of?
    I was just going to type the same thing and then I read your response. Er...?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

This isn't surprising though...really.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.