User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 104

  1. #21
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    No, I don't see it at all. All humans can have a darkside, but I don't see IXFPs as being capable of 'tremendous acts of evil'.
    I do see it. In fact, as you say, ALL people are capable of it, but I'm thinking as @skylights said,
    I could see that in these terms. If Fi's gift is to really, deeply, genuinely know the interior of something... then its potential is to be able to know how best to destroy that.
    Immediately, this brought to mind all of the "slow death" kinds of things, for example, the lady who meticulously poisons her aggressive spouse over an expanding course of time, the lady who puts bamboo shoots in her oppressor's food, the one who catches her aggressive spouse in his bed at night and as he sleeps, she ties him up, douses the bed in gasoline, lights a match and walks out the door. Then there's one who told me she would like to put a certain criminal into a vat of flesh eating snails and grin while she watched them slowly eat him. Her ESTP husband reprimanded her, telling her that such an act of punishment would make her more evil that the criminal she so destested. IxFPs are capable of harboring secret hate and resentment, of outwardly taking abuse while inwardly planning revenge. IxFPs, usually have to be provoked, but they are capable of acts of evil, the same as anyone else. I think Stephen King does a good job with them in his writing. For example, the character in The Secret Window gets revenge against his cheating wife, INFP style. I'm not saying that's his type, only that what he does is the kind of thing I hear my imbalance INFP friend talk about. She can devise a trillion ways to torture someone, but thankfully, she doesn't carry them out. Probably because she lacks the opportunity.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  2. #22
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Sorry, all evil is committed by NTPs. Hitler, Bin Laden, Stalin.... total NTPS all of them. All of their followers were also NTPs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #23
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    (This is the original source for all theories on cognitive functions, btw)

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

    To be fair, the Te profile is just as scary, in places - but the Te parts are more like being afraid of your dad. The Fi parts are more like being afraid of what's under your bed.
    Good link.

    The thing is they have inferior Te - the idea of which scares me.

    I have observed these things mentioned in the link:


    "It puts forward negative feeling-judgments or assumes an air of profound indifference, as a measure of self-defence."

    "This is the mystical, ecstatic stage, which prepares the way over into the extraverted functions repressed by feeling, just as introverted thinking is pitted against a primitive feeling, to which objects attach themselves with magical force, so introverted feeling is counterbalanced by a primitive thinking, whose concretism and slavery to facts passes all bounds. Continually emancipating itself from the relation to the object, this feeling creates a freedom, both of action and of conscience, that is only answerable to the subject, and that may even renounce all traditional values. But so much the more [p. 492] does unconscious thinking fall a victim to the power of objective facts."

    "Although one may find a constant readiness for a peaceful and harmonious companionship, the unfamiliar object is shown no touch of amiability, no gleam of responding warmth, but is met by a manner of apparent indifference or repelling coldness."

    "In the presence of something that might carry one away or arouse enthusiasm, this type observes a benevolent neutrality, tempered with an occasional trace of superiority and criticism that soon takes the wind out of the sails of a sensitive object. But a stormy emotion will be brusquely rejected with murderous coldness, unless it happens to catch the subject from the side of the unconscious"

    "Expression of feeling, therefore, remains niggardly and, when once aware of it at all, the object has a permanent sense of his undervaluation. "

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #24
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default


  5. #25
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    They call that Unseelie Fi over at Cognitive Types.

  6. #26
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good link.

    The thing is they have inferior Te - the idea of which scares me.

    I have observed these things mentioned in the link:


    "It puts forward negative feeling-judgments or assumes an air of profound indifference, as a measure of self-defence."

    "This is the mystical, ecstatic stage, which prepares the way over into the extraverted functions repressed by feeling, just as introverted thinking is pitted against a primitive feeling, to which objects attach themselves with magical force, so introverted feeling is counterbalanced by a primitive thinking, whose concretism and slavery to facts passes all bounds. Continually emancipating itself from the relation to the object, this feeling creates a freedom, both of action and of conscience, that is only answerable to the subject, and that may even renounce all traditional values. But so much the more [p. 492] does unconscious thinking fall a victim to the power of objective facts."

    "Although one may find a constant readiness for a peaceful and harmonious companionship, the unfamiliar object is shown no touch of amiability, no gleam of responding warmth, but is met by a manner of apparent indifference or repelling coldness."

    "In the presence of something that might carry one away or arouse enthusiasm, this type observes a benevolent neutrality, tempered with an occasional trace of superiority and criticism that soon takes the wind out of the sails of a sensitive object. But a stormy emotion will be brusquely rejected with murderous coldness, unless it happens to catch the subject from the side of the unconscious"

    "Expression of feeling, therefore, remains niggardly and, when once aware of it at all, the object has a permanent sense of his undervaluation. "

    In what ways did you observe this in Fi-dom? Just curious about how you personally connect these statements to observable behaviors & attitudes.


    I've certainly seen inferior Te & ugly Fi in myself. It wasn't EVIL, but not the stuff of cotton candy & rainbows either.
    Most of the above deals with a cool, aloof demeanor that seems dismissive of the joy or pain others are expressing. It's a resistance to being affected, so as to keep the purity of your own feelings. This is important for maintaining integrity at times & being willing to go against the tide & take a stand for what is right, but other times, it just makes you look cold, or a downer, or self-absorped, etc.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  7. #27
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Hmm...I've had some pretty diabolical ideas of how to wreak havok on society and create chaos. Frankly, I'm surprised nobody has tried them before. But I don't have a desire to act on those ideas, nor any homicidal inclinations that I'm aware of. But if I were to snap, it would probably be targeted killings of people who have enraged me rather than random, spontaneous attacks on innocent people; which makes the aforementioned ideas useless.

  8. #28
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I read somewhere that IXFP’s are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil - more so than any other type. However they tend to be incapable of bringing these realities to fruition. It's an Fi dom thing that is at the root of this.

    Any truth to this? Thoughts/opinions?
    I guess this could be true in a sense =.. if your value system ends up being on the jaded side technically you could justify any act based on that self created system however irrational. This could work on the acts of good and purity side of things as well...
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  9. #29
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    In what ways did you observe this in Fi-dom? Just curious about how you personally connect these statements to observable behaviors & attitudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Most of the above deals with a cool, aloof demeanor that seems dismissive of the joy or pain others are expressing. It's a resistance to being affected, so as to keep the purity of your own feelings. This is important for maintaining integrity at times & being willing to go against the tide & take a stand for what is right, but other times, it just makes you look cold, or a downer, or self-absorped, etc.
    I'd rather not get into specifics but you hit the nail on the head with that bolded sentence. When you're "out", you cease to exist for the IXFP. The judgment has been made. It can be a bit shocking because others don't realize that side is there.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  10. #30
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Sounds like INFJ doorslamming.

Similar Threads

  1. Chimps are capable of cooking
    By Olm the Water King in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 04:05 AM
  2. Are You Aware of the New Google Privacy Policy? Surprise! (It's Not Good.)
    By NotOfTwo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 03:55 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO