User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

yeah when it comes to anything romantic, i have a crazy memory. i don't necessarily remember specifics, but i remember exactly how the scenarios unfold in a general idea sort of way. i guess sometimes there'll be one detail that gets seared into my memory...

i feel like i can relate to this guy. as i've matured, i've definitely considered girls from the past. it's easy to wonder about how the dynamics would change.

MBTI
    INFJ

INFJ and ENFJ can communicate very well according to this chart I found on the net..

MBTI
    INFJ

For me relationships aren't easy to make, and do take time.

Mostly because I draw back from trying not to express too much emotion, because I know I can do that, and have done so in the past.

This guy sounds like he has finally let that guard down and is ready for the relationship, I say go for it
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default great responses from everyone--thanks so much

Those were really great helpful responses, everyone. Thanks so much. Now I hope my friend visits in October and that things will follow through. I'd love to go see the leaves change color up in Wisconsin and to the San Diego zoo for a couple days. Life throws such weird curve balls. I always tell my patients that as fast as life can go badly, it can turn around and get right back on track to something better also. Thanks again

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Keep us posted =D

MBTI
    INFJ

I've known I was a INFJ for many years, but have little experience on how assorted life variables affect other INFJs. Bottom line....I wish you well, but would not hazard a guess as to what is going on with him. Some thoughts though...if there were "complications" earlier, that could easily have overwhelmed him. No doubt some time to sort things out would have left him with a new set of thoughts/interpretations of your relationship. If he's communicating openly with you then (it seems to me) he is investing a lot in you that he probably wouldn't ordinarily have to.....unless. Seems a good sign to me.

Sniffles

Sorry I haven't been able to read this thread over thoroughly. My scatter-brain has really been scattered considerably lately. Plus it seems many other people have already covered areas that I would comment(one really annoying aspect of being around other INFJs )

If I get a chance I'll try to throw in my two cents. So sorry if my response sounds a bit half-ass in nature.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    When I go out on dates (and whatnot) with people that I truly like, I always seem to remember every single detail about everything. The crappy part is that these details also allow me to dwell on what I did wrong or what I could have fixed.

I have posted a reply on this forum before about how I (as an INFJ) would slowly lose hope in a relationship that was long distance. It's hard to imagine a future with someone (which INFJs do) when you can't see them face-to-face.
    I'm pretty similar in regard to dwelling on things I wish I had done/said differently. I don't necessarily remember all the details but I am often left with unshakable impressions that the situation left me with. Usually I'll spend a lot of time processing those impressions.

Could be that your guy in Sweden has been processing things for a while

And going back to what wedekit said about long distance stuff - I've only done long distance relationships - never lived in the same city as my girlfriend. No more. I just can't take it. I find that I'm always thinking about the future - planning and dreaming and it's rough not to have the other person there to plan and dream with me.