Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    that's really crazy, because there is not any type in the world that can constantly offend me more than ESFJs/ENFJs, always stomping on my Fi.
    This must be what I'm feeling. So what is it about them that steps on our Fi?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post

Are you referring to how ENFJs seem to believe you're being a jerk if you're not taking responsibility for managing everyone's feelings?
    Yup.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I am close with quite a few ENFJs. My dad is one of them. I definitely feel like I connect with these people, and we have lots of things in common. However, my dad has told me all my life that I'm exactly like him. I know we're alike in a lot of ways, but I just know that we're very different in others.

I don't know how to explain this to my dad (who is interested in MBTI stuff, but kind of relies on me to explain it to him).

My instinct is that ENFJs are less open to new ideas, pushier, and more easily pissed off than ENFPs. Of course I can't say that to my dad, and I really don't even know if it's true. I just feel like I see a side of each of them that gets that way, and am always a little put off by it. I also think they're a little more focused than we ENFPs, but my dad argues that it's hard for him to focus and that he's easily distracted.

Can anyone give me some insight into the differences and similarities between ENFPs and ENFJs?
    From my experience:

ENFJs are typically more deliberate and decisive while ENFPs are more "go with the flow" and in a sense, more "adaptable".

ENFJs can be adaptable but in an oddly premeditated way while ENFPs are genuinely "go with the flow".

ENFJs are generally more finicky with proper social protocol and can be quite pushy about it but in the same vein, ENFPs can be finicky if you go against their "personal values" and have a tendency to push them onto you.

From the get go, ENFPs tend to be genuinely more open to discuss their ideas and such but if you can get past the "social protocol" wall, ENFJs can be quite open to new ideas.

Plus, the generation gap probably plays a lot into it. To me, the two types are vastly different in vibe almost as much as ENTP and ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    This must be what I'm feeling. So what is it about them that steps on our Fi?
    I'd suggest digging up one of those Fe vs Fi threads. There's some very ugly clashes, but also some very illumining posts about how to bridge the gap
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I'd suggest digging up one of those Fe vs Fi threads. There's some very ugly clashes, but also some very illumining posts about how to bridge the gap
    I did just that! Very insightful. I get just as fired up when my dad tries to change my beliefs as he does when his idea of what's right is violated (something that I've been doing unintentionally only because I've got my own brand of right and wrong and believe that he should too). So, sorry for saying ENFJs get more pissed off. It's just over things that I'm less affected by.

@Glycerine I was really surprised when I read the functional stacks of the two types. We're more different than our P/J split might suggest. I definitely admit to being finicky about my "personal values," and I think the generation gap is pretty relevant too. My dad can be pretty racist sometimes, and that ignites a fire in me that I can't explain. Other ENFJs are a lot less offensive to me. The difference in what triggers us to get fierce normally just looks like one of us listening while the other one rants. Them about Fe and me about Fi.

The fact that ENFJ's auxiliary function is Ni is also really interesting. That makes ENFJs more focused and analytical than we Ne-doms. My dad is a computer programmer and I always joke that I would go insane or get fired if I had that job. Definitely an admirable function for my scattered self.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Glycerine

If your dad is a computer programmer, his Ti is probably pretty decent. Fi vs. Ti can really clash as well as Te vs. Fe (and of course, Fe vs. Fi).