User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default INFJs... scatterbrained?

Are you INFJs scatterbrained? Everyone notices that I'll be always daydreaming and being quite random.

Yesterday, I was home with my mom, and I asked her where our portable dog house was so I could take my dog to the park. She tells me its in the garage. So I walk into the garage, circle it and walk back into the house. I'm walking towards my room and my mom goes "Did you find it?'' And I said "Find what?" She thought I was joking, but I literally walked into the garage with the intent of finding the travel doghouse but ended up not even realizing why I went there in the first place. I just totally lost all train of thought, and that happens quite frequently to me too.

And I lose a lot of stuff like cell phones, misplace my wallet + car keys, leave books behind etc. You guys have these same issues too?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

not to the same extent, but yes

when i was little (9yrs old)
    i would go to the trash can in the kitchen with the intention to pee
    I N V I C T U S

Sniffles

Yes Im very scatterbrained. I often joke about my mind being stucked on shuffle - randomly going from one thought to another.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I can be scatterbrained sometimes - not that often, really. I guess I'm more disorganized. If I have a lot on my mind, I lose stuff because I can't keep it all organized. This is why I tend to be pretty organized on the front end (because I know that I won't be once things get crazy).
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My kids will not be able to tell the difference when I become senile.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I can be scatterbrained sometimes - not that often, really. I guess I'm more disorganized. If I have a lot on my mind, I lose stuff because I can't keep it all organized.

I agree. When I get emotionally unstable I tend to lose things and it gets out of hand. Also I can't help it when thoughts or images flys into my head. I.E I would be going to sleep and the image of random people I've met today, having sex with whoever. I hate it when that happens.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    I agree. When I get emotionally unstable I tend to lose things and it gets out of hand. Also I can't help it when thoughts or images flys into my head. I.E I would be going to sleep and the image of random people I've met today, having sex with whoever. I hate it when that happens.
    infp
    infp
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ

My mom says I'm scatterbrained, but I don't really think so, although I can easily see how she came to that conclusion. Really I have no trouble focusing when I want to, it's just I can't focus on everything, so I choose the things I deem most important-- which (sometimes unfortunately) aren't always things like keeping track of my stuff, doing laundry, and paying bills on time. . .

LOL, I have this feeling that I'll snap out of some of the vagueness as life goes on and I acquire more responsibilities. Merely learning how to drive has helped a lot already-- the need for constant alertness and focused attention on something concrete I think has strengthened my Sensing function overall. I also do better when I'm traveling or away from home.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Oh, I'm worse when I'm stressed, but I'm always scatterbrained.

Last school year I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something and I paid for gas, then drove off without pumping it. Was halfway home before I happened to notice the tank gauge was on E. And I've gone to pick my kids up from school in a hurry and discovered that I was wearing a white tennie and a brown loafer. Those are bad days, but even on good days I have multiple "Now what was I doing?""Why did I come in here?" experiences.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Sniffles

Sorry, I just can't help but laugh at all these stories here. I can relate to your experiences so much.