• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs... scatterbrained?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Just now I shook a banana as if it were a drink because I was thinking of something else. It was a funny moment.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I do this as well. I thought I was the only one.

I also learned how to type in a weird way. I took formal typing classes in Highschool but they never stuck and touch typing had to be learned through years of using a keyboard. I don't use the home row and I seem to favor my first three fingers on each hand (index, middle, ring). Instead of memorizing where all the keys are, over the years I've come to know which finger movements will result in the words I am after. If its a word I don't type often I have to slow way down and think of where each key is located.

I learned the same way! It's like a fusion of proper typing and stare-and-peck typing. I never liked the way I was taught to type in school, so I ended up making up my own way that was a result of me watching my fingers type things. It took a long time for me to have an intuitive understanding of where my fingers and the keys are. I think most of my ability to locate keys relies on the placement of my right thumb on the space bar. From there I know where my left hand goes (the first two fingers of that hand almost always resting on the A ans S keys) while my right hand does most of the reaching.

bandit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Today when I was taking a shower I slathered the conditioner on my hair before I realized I hadn't used any shampoo yet. :doh:

I've done this several times too and sometimes, I've managed to stop myself from applying the conditioner onto my hair but it's already too late. I can't possibly wash my hair with shampoo with one hand while keeping the other with the conditioner away til I'm done with the shampoo... 'Waste not, want not'. So what am I to do with this blob of conditioner in my hand? :steam:

I've caught myself making coffee when I wanted to have milk tea. I ended up drinking the coffee anyways, so as to not let it go to waste and also ended up getting a splitting migraine after that. :doh:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Distraction is more a consequence of immediate preoccupation v. type.

It simply depends upon what one is preoccupied with - plush mindscapes or practical theatre.

When one's ideal psychological bubble is overly attuned to detail/theory, one is bound to snub the less popular of the two...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My younger sister is an INFJ, and she can be quite "ADD" sometimes, so yes, in my opinion, they are quite random sometimes.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've often wondered whether I'm an INFJ or ISTP. This thread makes me think I'm an INFJ. :) Unfortunately, I can't think of any funny examples of being scatterbrained... probably because I don't think it's very funny when it happens!

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
A lot of times, I'll be eating out and I'll pay for my food, and then I'll almost leave the place without even picking up the food (the guy or girl at the cash register usually saves the day for me, though).

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just now I shook a banana as if it were a drink because I was thinking of something else. It was a funny moment.

Ever grabbed an almost empty milk carton an brought it up so quick that you ended up with the rest of the milk in your face?

My brother nearly died that day...

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
It might be a dom-Ni thing, as it happens to me as well.

The best example I can think of: once I was intending to get a glass of chocolate milk, but ended up somehow grabbing a bowl and filling that up instead. Also I've attempted to put various things in the refrigerator at one time or another, like a jar of peanut butter and a stuffed animal. All this is the result of a mind that won't stop going off on random tangeants, which tends to make me forget what I'm doing.

What this person says is true. Ni is why.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've often wondered whether I'm an INFJ or ISTP. This thread makes me think I'm an INFJ. :) Unfortunately, I can't think of any funny examples of being scatterbrained... probably because I don't think it's very funny when it happens!

ISTP to INFJ is quite a jump...maybe if you had a cool split personality it could work. Hehe. Just dont' go bipolar, I lived with one for a few years...

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure if it's dom-Ni or just dom-N. I'm as bad, or worse, than most of the descriptions given here. Oddly, I rely heavily on my INFJ roommate to remember crap for me, and to keep the both of us scheduled... I guess that explains why we're always profoundly late to social meetings.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if it's dom-Ni or just dom-N. I'm as bad, or worse, than most of the descriptions given here. Oddly, I rely heavily on my INFJ roommate to remember crap for me, and to keep the both of us scheduled... I guess that explains why we're always profoundly late to social meetings.

Nah, it just where your priorities are
i'm rarely ever late
and when i am, i get pissed off to no end.

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nah, it just where your priorities are
i'm rarely ever late
and when i am, i get pissed off to no end.

In terms of being late, I suspect it matters where your expectations, and those who you're meeting or what you're doing are. We make it clear to our friends that we run on 'ish' time. If we tell you we're meeting up at 11:00, expect us there between 9:00 and 1:00. If we're really, really bored we'll be early. If we're doing something else, we may run late. As far as work goes, though, if we're even running 1 minute late, we both tend to get really irritated. So, it's all about expectations.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In terms of being late, I suspect it matters where your expectations, and those who you're meeting or what you're doing are. We make it clear to our friends that we run on 'ish' time. If we tell you we're meeting up at 11:00, expect us there between 9:00 and 1:00. If we're really, really bored we'll be early. If we're doing something else, we may run late. As far as work goes, though, if we're even running 1 minute late, we both tend to get really irritated. So, it's all about expectations.

Hmm
ok

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What i know from my better-half, she sometimes can be very scatterbrained that is true. She says "I must not forget the keys", five seconds later, the door is closed and the keys have been forgotten. Most of the time the keys are by then in my wallet :).

I do not think that you can relate scatterbraininess to Ni or F. iNTj's for example the hard domain of Ni, I never experienced scatter-brained.

What I found out about iNFj's is that they have a knack for planning things through and are pretty good at this. While I would start with things slowly, have a cup of coffee and some chit-chat, they are inclined to meet their deadlines and to plan things closely to each other, to get everything done at once.

That probably can cause scatterbraininess, cause if you are with your head in the future planing things through, you forget about the present.

I let things happen but prepare myself for it. I got a pen, I got a knife, I got some salpeter to build a bomb, so let the meeting happen. iNFj's tend to prepare to questions that could be asked or to behaviours that need to be met, to accomplish their goals.

I do not see anything wrong in both strategies, they both have pros and cons and I think scatterbraininess is one of the cons to strategic planning (if it is not one of your supposed functions).

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm horribly scatterbrained, but people who don't know me don't believe it. I organize like crazy and make all kinds of lists simply because I am so scatterbrained. I have to structure my exernal world because my inner world has very little structure.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I let things happen but prepare myself for it. I got a pen, I got a knife, I got some salpeter to build a bomb, so let the meeting happen. iNFj's tend to prepare to questions that could be asked or to behaviours that need to be met, to accomplish their goals.

Ha! Perfect description of my entp friend! You rarely find him without a knife and a potential explosive.