User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 74

  1. #51
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I've often wondered whether I'm an INFJ or ISTP. This thread makes me think I'm an INFJ. Unfortunately, I can't think of any funny examples of being scatterbrained... probably because I don't think it's very funny when it happens!
    ISTP to INFJ is quite a jump...maybe if you had a cool split personality it could work. Hehe. Just dont' go bipolar, I lived with one for a few years...

  2. #52
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    ISTP to INFJ is quite a jump...
    yeah
    tertiary Ni and dom Ni are very different

    Tertiary Temptation
    I N V I C T U S

  3. #53
    Member Shadowrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's dom-Ni or just dom-N. I'm as bad, or worse, than most of the descriptions given here. Oddly, I rely heavily on my INFJ roommate to remember crap for me, and to keep the both of us scheduled... I guess that explains why we're always profoundly late to social meetings.

  4. #54
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrose View Post
    I'm not sure if it's dom-Ni or just dom-N. I'm as bad, or worse, than most of the descriptions given here. Oddly, I rely heavily on my INFJ roommate to remember crap for me, and to keep the both of us scheduled... I guess that explains why we're always profoundly late to social meetings.
    Nah, it just where your priorities are
    i'm rarely ever late
    and when i am, i get pissed off to no end.
    I N V I C T U S

  5. #55
    Member Shadowrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Nah, it just where your priorities are
    i'm rarely ever late
    and when i am, i get pissed off to no end.
    In terms of being late, I suspect it matters where your expectations, and those who you're meeting or what you're doing are. We make it clear to our friends that we run on 'ish' time. If we tell you we're meeting up at 11:00, expect us there between 9:00 and 1:00. If we're really, really bored we'll be early. If we're doing something else, we may run late. As far as work goes, though, if we're even running 1 minute late, we both tend to get really irritated. So, it's all about expectations.

  6. #56
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrose View Post
    In terms of being late, I suspect it matters where your expectations, and those who you're meeting or what you're doing are. We make it clear to our friends that we run on 'ish' time. If we tell you we're meeting up at 11:00, expect us there between 9:00 and 1:00. If we're really, really bored we'll be early. If we're doing something else, we may run late. As far as work goes, though, if we're even running 1 minute late, we both tend to get really irritated. So, it's all about expectations.
    Hmm
    ok
    I N V I C T U S

  7. #57
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    What i know from my better-half, she sometimes can be very scatterbrained that is true. She says "I must not forget the keys", five seconds later, the door is closed and the keys have been forgotten. Most of the time the keys are by then in my wallet .

    I do not think that you can relate scatterbraininess to Ni or F. iNTj's for example the hard domain of Ni, I never experienced scatter-brained.

    What I found out about iNFj's is that they have a knack for planning things through and are pretty good at this. While I would start with things slowly, have a cup of coffee and some chit-chat, they are inclined to meet their deadlines and to plan things closely to each other, to get everything done at once.

    That probably can cause scatterbraininess, cause if you are with your head in the future planing things through, you forget about the present.

    I let things happen but prepare myself for it. I got a pen, I got a knife, I got some salpeter to build a bomb, so let the meeting happen. iNFj's tend to prepare to questions that could be asked or to behaviours that need to be met, to accomplish their goals.

    I do not see anything wrong in both strategies, they both have pros and cons and I think scatterbraininess is one of the cons to strategic planning (if it is not one of your supposed functions).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    408

    Default

    I'm horribly scatterbrained, but people who don't know me don't believe it. I organize like crazy and make all kinds of lists simply because I am so scatterbrained. I have to structure my exernal world because my inner world has very little structure.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I let things happen but prepare myself for it. I got a pen, I got a knife, I got some salpeter to build a bomb, so let the meeting happen. iNFj's tend to prepare to questions that could be asked or to behaviours that need to be met, to accomplish their goals.
    Ha! Perfect description of my entp friend! You rarely find him without a knife and a potential explosive.

  10. #60
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs - anger and upset?
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?
    By shadowstormz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 06:09 AM
  3. [INFJ] Psychic INFJ's?
    By shadowstormz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ organizational strategies
    By Scruffy1123 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:45 AM
  5. [INFJ] Any INFJ girls?
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 04:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO