User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

i was thinking about getting something that attaches the wallet to my pants so i dont lose it.. lol how sad.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by tENnisFJ View Post
    i was thinking about getting something that attaches the wallet to my pants so i dont lose it.. lol how sad.
    I almost never put cash in my purse, but keep it, instead, in my pants pocket. My theory: I've lost my purse many, many times in all kinds of places, but I've never lost my pants.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    When i first met him, he kept complaining to me that his shampoo wouldn't lather, so a few months later we were in the shower and i pick up the shampoo to wash my hair with it, and he says "that shampoo is so crappy..IT DOESN'T EVEN LATHER" and i looked at the bottle and it was conditioner. lol
    Today when I was taking a shower I slathered the conditioner on my hair before I realized I hadn't used any shampoo yet.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ

I can be extremely scatter brained. For example, I currently work in an office setting. Our xerox machine and file cabinets are in the same room. I walked into the room with the intention of filing a resident's contract, but instead I walked over to the copy machine and made 5 copies for some unknown reason.

I refer to me being scatter brained as putting myself on "autopilot". When I'm stuck doing repetitive things over and over I just turn my autopilot switch on and absorb myself in my thoughts. Most of the time I do I pretty good job, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    nnnn

The best example I can think of: once I was intending to get a glass of chocolate milk, but ended up somehow grabbing a bowl and filling that up instead. Also I've attempted to put various things in the refrigerator at one time or another, like a jar of peanut butter and a stuffed animal. All this is the result of a mind that won't stop going off on random tangeants, which tends to make me forget what I'm doing.
    *nods*

I don't lose things and I don't forget important things, but when there's a constant stream of consciousness running in your head, you do the stupidest things...sometimes you're just on autopilot...e.g. when I clean the table, I *always* (day after day after day, you have to see it to believe it, people would deem me retarded ) forget to leave the water on it and sometimes I have to go back several times to where I put it because I take it away, I put it back, I take it away again, I put it back etc, these mundane tasks are the worst as they hold no interest whatsoever for me and I am instantly off thinking when I have to do them. This might also be why I'm so sloooow with stuff like doing the dishes...it's just a secondary thing I do while I experience much cooler things in my head. I can also just go blank in the middle of a conversation...this happens just because, but also because something else has struck me and I'm thinking on a higher level while still trying to converse with the other person on a secondary level.

It's so hard to resist the tug of the mind...when I'm with my parents and my brother eating dinner (not super interesting most of the time), I just float off automatically and they constantly remind me to "come back down to earth".

I don't know if you guys can multi-task, but I can't because I'm essentially multi-tasking all the time with what's going on up in my head.

I refer to me being scatter brained as putting myself on "autopilot". When I'm stuck doing repetitive things over and over I just turn my autopilot switch on and absorb myself in my thoughts. Most of the time I do I pretty good job, though.
    Heh, you've just mentioned the exact same thing. The knights who say Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't know if you guys can multi-task, but I can't because I'm essentially multi-tasking all the time with what's going on up in my head.
    I cant multitask at all. I get focused on what I'm doing and then I forget the other thing. It gets annoying (I have an ENFP friend who multitasks like a fiend, I get jealous sometimes.)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My kids will not be able to tell the difference when I become senile.
    That comment really made me chuckle...

I am very scatty sometimes, mostly when I am under pressure and have lots of different things on my mind. I actually find this happens more at work than at home too.

MBTI
    INFJ

I have to admit, among all my faults, foibles, and quirks, I have managed to avoid being scatterbrained. It's never too late, though!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not really scatterbrained either. It's almost like I have blinders on when there's something I'm doing and nothing gets in my way. In fact when I have to stop what I'm doing to answer a question or do something else that's asked of me it really irritates me.

I'd say on the occasion where I'm not on some sort of mission to get something done, yes, I can get distracted. I suppose if I'm under a lot of stress, that will keep me from staying focused too.

Although now that I think about it, if I'm doing some thing very routine I'll forget one of the steps in the process. ex: I'll leave my ipod in the car when I go to the gym even though I ALWAYS workout with my ipod. I suppose getting to the gym and working out is what the 'mission' is in that situation.

Anyway, that's me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Oh and another thing I do is this weird way of making typos when chatting to people online with messengers. Instead of mispelling a word, I will end up substituting whole words with other words that do not have any contextual meaning at all and, most of the time, don't give any evidence of any kind of Freudian Slip. I won't even be thinking about the words I accidently put in either...it's pretty frustrating.
    I do this as well. I thought I was the only one.

I also learned how to type in a weird way. I took formal typing classes in Highschool but they never stuck and touch typing had to be learned through years of using a keyboard. I don't use the home row and I seem to favor my first three fingers on each hand (index, middle, ring). Instead of memorizing where all the keys are, over the years I've come to know which finger movements will result in the words I am after. If its a word I don't type often I have to slow way down and think of where each key is located.