User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFj

For some things, definitely scatterbrained.

I have no idea where my umbrella is. I do sometimes walk into rooms and think 'what was I in here for?'. Its taken me weeks to remember to get a picture from the digital camera. I still haven't filled out paperwork from last semester. I habitually leave the little round sticker attached to fruit (oranges, nectarines) stuck to the counter next to the sink.

The scatterbrained-ness increases when I'm sick or sleep deprived. Then I usually ask my SO 'Please remind me to .....' .

At the same time, my mind is usually occupied elsewhere. The sticker left by the sink isn't crucial. For the important things, I have lists of dates and schedules. And labeled folders of papers, 'to do' lists, and a nagging feeling of 'I'm just not organized enough because I don't write it all in a neat little day planner'. Its not that I'm forgetful, its that I'm afraid I'll forget something.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm sometimes scatterbrained. Another problem I frequently have is I'll be talking, everything going fine, then suddenly the thought train stops and I literally can't think of the next thing I was going to say. All the stream of consciousness and thought is instantly cut off and replaced with an empty void. Sometimes I remember where I was going, other times the conversation ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Geez, I know I am not INFJ, but I am scatterbrained, too unless I am focusing particularly well for some reason.

Examples:

1) I will have to return to a room three times because I totally forgot something every time.

2) Forget my own birthday (doh!)

3) Forget other people's birthdays (Tomorrow is grandmother's birthday...remember...remember [tries to hypnotize self]).

4) Forget things I wanted to bring to class

I have HAVE HAVE to have an organizer or else everyone would probably think I have a negative IQ.

Be honest, am I a stupid ass, or what is my problem???
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Be honest, am I a stupid ass, or what is my problem???
    No, lol, your just normal.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm definitely scatterbrained. I'll walk into a room and the moment I get there I completely forget what I needed to do, and I literally have to go back the way I came and then back to the room where I needed to do something several times before I remember. It's so odd, it's like this utter eclipse of my memory of what I intended to do and it's so so hard to remember (mostly because there are absolutely no mental clues left...those are all gone).

Or...I'll be talking about something and what I'm saying disappears from my head mid-sentence and it can take me the better part of 5 minutes to get the thought train back. Sometimes not even asking the person to brief me on what we were just talking about is enough. When this happens, I seriously worry about whether or not I have something wrong with my brain.

Oh and another thing I do is this weird way of making typos when chatting to people online with messengers. Instead of mispelling a word, I will end up substituting whole words with other words that do not have any contextual meaning at all and, most of the time, don't give any evidence of any kind of Freudian Slip. I won't even be thinking about the words I accidently put in either...it's pretty frustrating.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I'm not an INFJ, but i am very scatterbrained. Sometimes i'll walk into a room and stand there for a few minutes before i can remember what i went in there for.

Also when i can't find something, it's usually in my hand the whole time.

My boyfriend is wayyy worse, and he is Ni dominant. I can relate to what heart said, because although i am pretty scatterbrained, he can't even get dressed in the morning without me instructing him, and reminding him where he left things.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sych0 View Post
    I'm sometimes scatterbrained. Another problem I frequently have is I'll be talking, everything going fine, then suddenly the thought train stops and I literally can't think of the next thing I was going to say. All the stream of consciousness and thought is instantly cut off and replaced with an empty void. Sometimes I remember where I was going, other times the conversation ends.
    I understand that completely! But for me it happens with every type of communication. From talking to writing a story, to talking on an instant messenger (Although... it somehow happens a lot less on the last one)

And I frequently forget words. I once forgot the word 'hallway' right when I needed to describe where a person's office was. It was worse 'cause I even forgot the synonyms like 'corridor.' (Mac Hall :: Archive)

Other Shameless (Yet Relevant) plugs:
    Mac Hall :: Archive
    Mac Hall :: Archive
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I'm definitely scatterbrained. I'll walk into a room and the moment I get there I completely forget what I needed to do, and I literally have to go back the way I came and then back to the room where I needed to do something several times before I remember. It's so odd, it's like this utter eclipse of my memory of what I intended to do and it's so so hard to remember (mostly because there are absolutely no mental clues left...those are all gone).

Or...I'll be talking about something and what I'm saying disappears from my head mid-sentence and it can take me the better part of 5 minutes to get the thought train back. Sometimes not even asking the person to brief me on what we were just talking about is enough. When this happens, I seriously worry about whether or not I have something wrong with my brain.

Oh and another thing I do is this weird way of making typos when chatting to people online with messengers. Instead of mispelling a word, I will end up substituting whole words with other words that do not have any contextual meaning at all and, most of the time, don't give any evidence of any kind of Freudian Slip. I won't even be thinking about the words I accidently put in either...it's pretty frustrating.
    I do all of those things. I thought the last one was uniquely mine - I don't IM, but sometimes it happens in emails.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I'm not an INFJ, but i am very scatterbrained. Sometimes i'll walk into a room and stand there for a few minutes before i can remember what i went in there for.

Also when i can't find something, it's usually in my hand the whole time.

My boyfriend is wayyy worse, and he is Ni dominant. I can relate to what heart said, because although i am pretty scatterbrained, he can't even get dressed in the morning without me instructing him, and reminding him where he left things.
    You understand then, what a strain it is on my resources, I can barely keep up with my own things, much less anyone else's!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You understand then, what a strain it is on my resources, I can barely keep up with my own things, much less anyone else's!
    yes i completely understand.!

the worse part is how he "looks for things" he will walk through the apartment moving his head back and forth saying "DAMMIT WHERE ARE MY KEYS"

and then i will stick my hand underneath the couch and pull them out. One time he looked for his shoes for 10 minutes, and he was wearing them lol.

to his defense he is very very tired when he wakes up in the morning. haha

oh and another thing. When i first met him, he kept complaining to me that his shampoo wouldn't lather, so a few months later we were in the shower and i pick up the shampoo to wash my hair with it, and he says "that shampoo is so crappy..IT DOESN'T EVEN LATHER" and i looked at the bottle and it was conditioner. lol
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.