User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

It might be a dom-Ni thing, as it happens to me as well.

The best example I can think of: once I was intending to get a glass of chocolate milk, but ended up somehow grabbing a bowl and filling that up instead. Also I've attempted to put various things in the refrigerator at one time or another, like a jar of peanut butter and a stuffed animal. All this is the result of a mind that won't stop going off on random tangeants, which tends to make me forget what I'm doing.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    infp
    infp
    Yeah some people might look at being disorganize and all over the place as an INFP quality.

I went this over and over in my head before. Because most of us can be extremely emotional, it's likely that we lose our heads and let everything go.

But because I'm like that doesn't mean I'm an INFP. Being a J is not how it's expressed, but it's how we hold ourselves in conversations. How try to hold ourselves together.

And when I get this way an INFP wouldn't obsess over it, they might, only until something else grabs their attention.
    I worry over my problems, like I know any of you do. That is what makes me and most of you INFJs.

heart on fire

Husband leans on me for memory and also for direction when doing chores. He is always saying "Nag at me later to do ------." or "Don't let me forget ------" or "I don't know where to start, point me to a starting place----"

I take it this is because I have Si and Te which he lacks.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When i'm feeling my best i really try to remember everything, but it takes effort. When packing for a trip i start early so i can rethink through everything enough times to remember, although even with that i once forgot my underwear. When I am distracted i get woefully scatterbrained. It takes tremendous effort to remember a small list of details. I rely on lists because my mind will just go blank. I leave milk out, pour sprite on breakfast cereal, forget that i'm driving, hit my head on stuff alot, etc. The worst details are arbitrary ones. If they cannot be reasonably connected to a principle, core concept, or simple line of logic, there is precious little chance it will stay in my brain.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Husband leans on me for memory and also for direction when doing chores. He is always saying "Nag at me later to do ------." or "Don't let me forget ------" or "I don't know where to start, point me to a starting place----"

I take it this is because I have Si and Te which he lacks.
    this resonated incredibly well with me, i have an ISTJ friend that helps me to remember things, he always phones me to tell me of the various tests/exams we have that day at school

i once cleaned up my shoes, and at the end i got so involved in thought that i put them in the refrigerator

MBTI
    ENFP

OP put my experience better than I could myself.

Only thing to add, is before I leave the house I know I am forgetting something... ALWAYS... and when I get where I need to be, its like shit, I need my files.

Anyone remember the saying about losing your man jewels if they weren't packaged on so nicely...

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The only thing I can really relate to is walking to another room, and forgetting what I intended to do there.

But other than that, I can't say I'm scatterbrained. I've always been quite on top of things.

(although the distinction is probably that I don't LIKE to deal with details, and your more practical/logistical stuff. So I procrastinate on a lot of that.)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Infx

Yes. And it drives the people around me crazy, which in turn drives me crazy because they don't understand that it's not something I can change(at least without an unreasonable amount of time and training and at the expense of some of my strengths). ;.; It's gotten me in trouble and gotten me more lectures than I can even count.

Like some of the other stories, I walk somewhere and completely forget why and just stare at the spot for awhile. I've actually found that if I just start naming things that I'm looking at, I'll remember what I wanted. I've also spent upwards of twenty minutes just walking back and forth from rooms in the house until I finally remember what I wanted to do.

Also, I forget things a whole lot. Then I remember at inopportune times, and no matter how many times I remind myself, once I can actually do what I wanted, I'll forget again. I once completely forgot to pack my bridesmaid's dress for a wedding in another state.

I've gone to drink out of the ketchup bottle at restaurants more than I care to admit.

I have ridiculous amounts of trouble prioritizing.

Funny thing is, I can keep track of other people's stuff just fine.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'll never admit to such behavior. You're all :crazy:.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Oh, I'm worse when I'm stressed, but I'm always scatterbrained.

Last school year I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something and I paid for gas, then drove off without pumping it. Was halfway home before I happened to notice the tank gauge was on E. And I've gone to pick my kids up from school in a hurry and discovered that I was wearing a white tennie and a brown loafer. Those are bad days, but even on good days I have multiple "Now what was I doing?""Why did I come in here?" experiences.
    I loved the senile comment.

I haven't done one shoe different from the other, but can relate to many of these stories, especially putting things in the fridge or cupboard that don't belong there.

My biggest distraction is with restaurant credit cards. First I have to flag the waitress down and ask for the check. She brings it and I put my cc on the tray. She comes again, then returns with the cc slip. Then I have to fill it in, adding the tip and after all that I'm supposed to sign it? I often forget.

Yesterday I left the house to go to the library, the pool and the green grocer. Got to the library and remembered I didn't bring my wallet, hence no library card. I did have money for the pool, so I swam for an hour, then realized I was soaking wet and didn't want to go to the grocer with dripping hair and goosebumps. At least I had a good swim!
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.