• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] ENFPs and Si

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I struggle with this too. Routines are the best cure. I try to trick myself into thinking that they're fun or special...

Time to greet the day! (I hate mornings)

Time for some healthy, nourishing fuel! (I'd rather read more blogs than cook)

Workout time! I'm so fit! (Ugh, don't wanna)

I need some sleep to replenish my energy and help me digest my food! (I'm such a night owl)

Treat yourself like a little kid, and be just as patient while you adjust :)

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I may speak from personal experience: In the past I have hyper-focused on certain tasks (usually video games) where I have played for many hours straight without rest. Like above I went without being aware of my needs however the whole time I was comfortable with using Si - I reflected upon the past and everything else like usual.

As for solutions, I suggested two in my original post. It may be difficult but you can't expect everything to just be handed to you on a plate.

Thank you for the amazing insights.

The hyper focus sounds like Ti.

I also think Si is involved in sensing the body. Ti can dampen a lot of other input when it focuses you on a task. I'm certain you've noticed it's role in controlling pain. I suspect it does the same with your hunger, etc.

You are a valuable contributor. I enjoy your posts.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I struggle with this too. Routines are the best cure. I try to trick myself into thinking that they're fun or special...

Time to greet the day! (I hate mornings)

Time for some healthy, nourishing fuel! (I'd rather read more blogs than cook)

Workout time! I'm so fit! (Ugh, don't wanna)

I need some sleep to replenish my energy and help me digest my food! (I'm such a night owl)

Treat yourself like a little kid, and be just as patient while you adjust :)

This is cute! I like it. I can feel your ENFPness shining through in this post :)

S

Stansmith

I feel like my Si keeps me from breaking out of the familiar too often

sculpting

I'm currently trying to develop my Si better. I struggle to listen to my body for hunger cues and have a really hard time 'checking in' with myself to pay attention to how I'm doing. I also have difficulty with just sitting and 'being' rather than becoming caught up in thoughts, emotions, or events. I know this is an inferior function for ENFPs (attention to details isn't my forte either, but I'm less bothered by that aspect), and was curious to hear other people's experiences with developing a stronger Si. I've been practicing yoga to help myself do this, but I'm always looking for tips and strategies to help me look inward with any kind of focus and duration. Without Si, it seems, it's hard to even tell if this is working or to catch myself when I go off track.
Thanks!

I find I do better recognizing my own Si rather than developing it-it sort of develops itself in rather annoying ways to be honest.

Keep an eye out for the stupid things that Si makes you feel compelled to do-then let yourself ignore them, as they are not core to your world, and dont REALLY need to be done. I also find watching well developed ESTJs to be very helpful, as they understand how to navigate thier own Si, and when it is okay to act outside of what is recognized as "perfect".

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I find I do better recognizing my own Si rather than developing it-it sort of develops itself in rather annoying ways to be honest.

Keep an eye out for the stupid things that Si makes you feel compelled to do-then let yourself ignore them, as they are not core to your world, and dont REALLY need to be done. I also find watching well developed ESTJs to be very helpful, as they understand how to navigate thier own Si, and when it is okay to act outside of what is recognized as "perfect".

+1

Becoming aware of the inferior - of how it manifests, of its unconscious effects, of its *inferiority* - is the most important thing.

Then, after that, may come acceptance of its place in your life (including its inferiority).

Then, maybe then, there is an opportunity to take action (i.e., "develop" it).