User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ENFPs and Si

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I read that it is. ENFPs often ignore their body's needs because they get so caught up in other things. It's also the reason we tend to overlook details. The main things I'm really looking for is for me to be able to tune in to myself, like at the core of my being, instead of being blinded by a swirl of thoughts and emotions. I believe that's what I'm missing to really be at peace and not be in a reactionary or lost in thought state all the time. I want to feel present more.
    Read from who? From where? It seems infinitely more likely (using the premise that strong Ne is either similar if not identical to ADHD) that it's the strong Ne that is causing the lack of realisation with Si not being relevant - the mind is speeding off fast through its many tangents that it isn't stopping to assess other things. Take the case study of hyper-focus: the individual becomes so focused on a task that they forget to eat, sleep, drink etc. and do not require the above.

If I may speak from personal experience: In the past I have hyper-focused on certain tasks (usually video games) where I have played for many hours straight without rest. Like above I went without being aware of my needs however the whole time I was comfortable with using Si - I reflected upon the past and everything else like usual.

As for solutions, I suggested two in my original post. It may be difficult but you can't expect everything to just be handed to you on a plate.

Stansmith

Si manifests for me as bad memories from my past. I'll be all blissful distracted in the present and future and then Bam!, at some random moment my mind will be like "you did so-and-so in the past and now you're overcompensating. You're hopeless". I otherwise suck at recalling exact details and often still need to use my iPhone map after having been somewhere 10 times

I find Si-doms very strange. If you randomly decide you don't feel like eating cereal one morning a Si-Dom will want an explanation for it.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    OMG I'd rather shoot myself

It's probably a wise and healthy thing to do, but it seems like one of those medicines that you know are good for you, but taste soo bad.
    I had to do this so many times for school and describing what bullies did to me, I still do it all the time …
    I think that at 17, I already have a very strong Si compared to most ENFPs. I still lose things and forget things, though, so Si isn't something I can use passively. I have to take extra care to remember something…

This is bad, becuase some things that seem insignificant while they are happening end up being important later and I can't remember. Are there any tips for passive Si?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    As for ways to improve it I would suggest you lock yourself in your house for several hours until your Ne calms down (I would suggest before you would normally encounter burn-out.) Allow yourself to meditate and/or relax and reflect. Reflect upon your past, upon certain events. Allow them to play out in your mind without fear, if you must you can allow your Fi to evaluate what you are seeing or feeling (normally you will either feel nostalgia for the past or you will feel what you felt when the event occurred) and from what I understand both of these would assist development.

Alternatively try and recall an event which exists in an alternate format e.g. a video, internet etc. and write down what occurred to the best of your ability. Afterwards play the video, record the events and compare them.
    OMG I'd rather shoot myself

It's probably a wise and healthy thing to do, but it seems like one of those medicines that you know are good for you, but taste soo bad.
    Yeah, exactly. I do it reluctantly every once in a while. It's a lot easier if you bring along some soft music and something to write with/on... kinda ease yourself into it and give yourself a momentary escape from it.

MBTI
    ENFP

What i noticed about my Si is that when i get caught up in things like researching online i can become totally focused to the point where everything around me fades and time is absorbed into a black hole. eating and sleeping really don't matter to me plus i have a hard time even knowing if i am hungry to begin with. O.o i also forget things constantly!!!!!! its almost like objects just disappear around mere it has become a curse!!! even if i try to keep my mind on the object it somehow gets misplaced.... the losing things constantly is a problem -_-

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaral View Post
    What i noticed about my Si is that when i get caught up in things like researching online i can become totally focused to the point where everything around me fades and time is absorbed into a black hole. eating and sleeping really don't matter to me plus i have a hard time even knowing if i am hungry to begin with. O.o i also forget things constantly!!!!!! its almost like objects just disappear around mere it has become a curse!!! even if i try to keep my mind on the object it somehow gets misplaced.... the losing things constantly is a problem -_-
    This! All the way. It's making recovery from an eating disorder very difficult. I have very little awareness of my internal cues. Come onnnn Si!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaral View Post
    is that what Si is?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

is that what Si is?
    This is the explanation I read that I've been basing a lot of my thoughts on. It comes from personalityjunkie.com:

Introverted Sensing can aid the personal growth and development of NP types by recalling to mind lessons learned from past experience. By remembering what they have already ruled out from past experiences or study, NPs feel they are, even if rather slowly, moving closer to certainty. Si can also help NPs develop effective habits. As NPs observe themselves over time, they can identify which behaviors allow them to function most optimally and feel the most satisfied. Then, when they start to get off track, their Si can step in and remind them of those behaviors that can help them return to a more balanced and healthy state. Since Si is inferior for ENP types, they may have the most difficulty developing and adhering to healthy habits.

Finally, one of the most commonly overlooked functions of Introverted Sensing is its role in perceiving internal bodily sensations—the body as felt and experienced from within. More than any other psychological function, Si provides access to our most basic sense of “being,” apart from thought or outward stimuli. Historically, Eastern philosophical and religious traditions have done a much better job exploring this aspect of human experience than those of the West. This dimension of Si is engaged during activities that require close attention to one’s internal bodily state, such as yoga, Tai-Chi, or meditation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think Si manifests in me as a kind of deja vu. Where I feel like I know what's going to happen, but I can't explain why. This happens sometimes as a warning, or sometimes as a prediction. I just it's just a whole bunch of Ne data that has been accumulated and crystalized into what feels to me like some sort of 6th sense. I used to wonder if I wasn't using Ni in some manner, but MBTI theory doesn't really show that to be likely.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Interesting. I feel like I have no idea what Si is now. I've had deja vu before, but I don't think I sense warnings or predictions. I'm usually actually pretty set against not trying to predict the future. I feel like, 'who knows!?'