User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INFJs in love!

Sniffles

Default INFJs in love!

Seriously, is there anything more pathetic in the world?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

nope.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hah! Have you never seen a smitten INTP??
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

If it is pathetic, it is not love, but attachment to a pleasing reflection of yours in another.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    If it is pathetic, it is not love, but attachment to a pleasing reflection of yours in another.
    Love can begin that way, too. It's just not grown up yet. Though truth be told, my beloved is still a bit pathetic in his smittenness and I suppose that I may be a bit, too. And I'm pretty sure by now that it's as close as real love as it gets.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

That is very true... it certainly may grow after attachment has subsided... Love is so bright and attachment so dark that they cannot coexist. One engulfs the other.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm not sure we are thinking of attachment in the same way.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

That is likely. I don't mean to offend you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Hah! Have you never seen a smitten INTP??
    It really is a sight to behold. I dated an INTP for three years; at the beginning of the affair, we were to travel to Utah together to do a research project for a professor, and he wrote me a letter about how the only important things in the world were the desert and me. An INTP can get DOWNRIGHT SAPPY. In a totally awesome and original way.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    It really is a sight to behold. I dated an INTP for three years; at the beginning of the affair, we were to travel to Utah together to do a research project for a professor, and he wrote me a letter about how the only important things in the world were the desert and me. An INTP can get DOWNRIGHT SAPPY. In a totally awesome and original way.
    People who haven't seen it have NO idea. I was really smitten with Don and it was still a bit much and kind of . . . overwhelming. If I thought he would be that extreme for fifty plus years, I would have run. Fortunately, I correctly anticipated that it was the work of infatuation and it would subside.

I mean, the first time we kissed, people on campus knew because he was lit up like a Christmas tree. I was the sensible one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    That is likely. I don't mean to offend you.
    No worries.
    ~ John Rogers