User Tag List

123 Last

Default Being trolled by inferior function (Te). Could anybody help?

Hello, greetings, welcome. I did not know whether this is the correct place to post this or the most effective place to post it.

Basically I am being trolled to shit by my inferior function. I am not just talking about greater misanthropy or being ever more hyper-critical of other's failings but a full domination of my life (its there waving its bits about in every endeavour and thought.) It is an issue plugged into many different areas of myself so I don't know whether I can articulate the entirety of its nature but alas I shall try.

I only recently came around to the idea that Fi and Te were two sides of the same coin. However in recent years the coin is being tossed more and more and it is making me dizzy: I consciously perceive the intervention of Te ideas in my daily life but for the most part they are outside and removed from my Fi value system. This means I face unnecessary conflict on a) how to divert my energy b) how to rectify situations c) what I should aim for in life etc. I find myself wanting both but there is no way to have both and I am left adrift, indecisive and often frustrated (the blasted thing forgets to suggest tangible ways of making progressive steps to the particular goal so there is an even bigger need to facepalm.)

I have only just returned from a vacation and when on vacation (and being exposed to business news, stocks/shares etc) it was on full overdrive mode. I wanted to invest in xyz country or do business there (this is despite possessing a persistent sense that the world has a bleak future without the potential for much growth), wanted to buy stocks and shares and on the rare occasion where it reached critical mass establish my own corporation so I could move the entire world (figuratively.) The issue is that this voice is strong however I lack the skills, knowledge and tools if you will to actualise it: I have an inexplicable illiteracy if not outright retardation regarding understanding interest rates, markets, shares and the associated pieces which haven't been remedied despite studying the topics. Yet despite my disability the Te urges me on: it does not urge me to fix something but it wants me to get involved (despite being primitive and crude) and knowing that I risk a sense of inner death if I proceed.

To add a cherry to the top there is always a sense of uneasiness if not outright weariness and nausea when it comes to these topics. It's been occurring more and more in the last couple of years and it is enticing because if properly utilised it could offer solutions to many issues that have plagued me for a long time (I feel it has tempered my understanding of the world to a degree and made me more tolerant of systems I care little about.) However I would not know the first way to go about cultivating it.

Could anybody help? Could others relate and suggest ways to nurture or nullify it so these troubles could be at least mitigated? Or at least suggest likely ways it could progress so I can make future projections for my mindset? Heh, any feedback could be useful in helping me to rein this loose end in.

Thanks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Your Te wants you in the stock market?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What you describe might be Ne seeing possibilities rather than Te? Engaging Te should help focus your attention and make realistic plans to achieve your goals.

I'll give a think about this and share more later
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    What you describe might be Ne seeing possibilities rather than Te? Engaging Te should help focus your attention and make realistic plans to achieve your goals.

I'll give a think about this and share more later
    lol are you sure you're an INFJ? good call (on functions you theoretically dont even possess)

also, @Tiltyred is confusing me, I've always thought of you as an INFJ. this thread is nuts today! lol

i agree with %21 btw.

I have nothing constructive to say, but the OP is hilarious. I actually laughed out loud.

Good luck, being trolled by Te sounds terrible, but oh my god, the mental images, hahahaha.

EDIT: I guess I've fantasized about opening up my own business(es) a few times but I usually find that pretty easy to forget. If I really really wanted to do it though, I have several business-minded friends who could at least point me in the right direction. I suggest you acquire some before you do anything harebrained.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

You may be interested to know that Jung does not actually come out in favor of "developing your inferior function". The inferior function, in Jung's view, has a way of canceling out dominant function and producing indecision.

Jung seems to be advising, instead, to work at what you're good at. If you can't use your dominant function to solve an issue to your satisfaction, your auxiliary function is probably the most likely to help you out, because you have can have some conscious control over it without negating your dominant function.

I was fascinated when I read this, because this is contrary to what the common understanding of what inferior and tertiary functions should play in our lives.

Jung's advice seems to make me happier.

Inferior Te in INFP's... could that come out in a mom telling her kid to clean his room when her own personal space is a mess? Or lamenting how a son might always "wait at the last minute" to pack before leaving on a trip, despite the fact that he is ready when the supposed departure date arrives and is still waiting for the mom to finish things?

These questions are purely academic, of course, and in no way reflect any real-life examples I might be acquainted with.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    lol are you sure you're an INFJ? good call (on functions you theoretically dont even possess)

also, @Tiltyred is confusing me, I've always thought of you as an INFJ. this thread is nuts today! lol

i agree with %21 btw.
    Hey, Pink ... I always thought of myself as one, too, but it turns out I'm not. Ain't that a kick in the head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

i agree with %21 btw.
    Hey, Pink ... I always thought of myself as one, too, but it turns out I'm not. Ain't that a kick in the head?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Inferior Te in INFP's... could that come out in a mom telling her kid to clean his room when her own personal space is a mess? Or lamenting how a son might always "wait at the last minute" to pack before leaving on a trip, despite the fact that he is ready when the supposed departure date arrives and is still waiting for the mom to finish things?
    lol that sounds a lot like me, and Te is only my 3rd order.
    i also agree with the jung thing, i read a really nice thing once explaining how you have to develop your 1st and 2nd because no-one can be good at everything and you have to feel good with your ego and develop what you're good at blah blah blah but i forgot what that was. and i guess you got it from the source so...also, you know what...maybe the 4th function is not good to put a lot of effort into but also not to neglect completely....i think it turns out best if you see it as part of the dominant function..like the other side of the coin....since i accepted that my Si is the balance to my Ne, i can accept better than i can experience anxiety, that i cant travel forever and need to feel safe and at home some of the time, etc shit like that.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

maybe the 4th function is not good to put a lot of effort into but also not to neglect completely....i think it turns out best if you see it as part of the dominant function.
    Possibly. I find that I have been able to overcome my shyness somewhat by just treating people's actions and reactions as different than other forms of data. It's better to treat them as ephemeral fuzzy vibrations, rather than discrete "objects" that exist as part of some pattern that can be predicted. People are not always going to verbalize what they are feeling. They can say one thing, and feel the exact opposite inside, so my understanding of a person's emotional is going to lack a certain precision. The reactions of others are not necessarily "truths'" to internalize, but merely individual reactions, and are in some cases only worth paying attention to the extent that the other person's opinion has an impact upon my life. (I don't really think about it so robotically... my explanation makes it sound more Vulcan than it actually is.)

Essentially, as you can see above, what I've done is taken Fe stuff, but applied Ti to it that rather than dismissing all of it as boring stuff for "sheep" that I don't need to concern myself with. That only has the effect of having me concern myself with it a lot.

And yes, Jung pretty much said exactly that about the first and second function. Otherwise you turn into joyless lump. You have to be good at being you, you don't want to try and cancel you out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78