User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Just LIVE and things will sort themselves out. You'll eventually find something.
    Aye, I'm inclined to go with that.

Did you take the 1000 things challenge? That is listing 1000 thing you want to do in life?

You can think life is meaningless and you've seen and done it all until you try and put it all down on paper.

Well, we are meaning creating animals and we prefer any meaning to no meaning.

Other animals function on instinct but we function on meaning.

And we are inter-subjective, meaning creating animals.

And so we continue to seek meaning with other inter-subjective animals, quite like my friends, Badger, Ratty, Toad and my good self.

And while we seek meaning together, we picnic beside the river, enjoying ourselves.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well, we are meaning creating animals and we prefer any meaning to no meaning.

Other animals function on instinct but we function on meaning.

And we are inter-subjective, meaning creating animals.

And so we continue to seek meaning with other inter-subjective animals, quite like my friends, Badger, Ratty, Toad and my good self.

And while we seek meaning together, we picnic beside the river, enjoying ourselves.
    I see.

Existentialism is something I must look into…

Existentialism sounds better than Nihilism by a longshot. I found this and thought it would be better to work towards than something as ghastly as a life without meaning. I suppose that part of my trouble was overuse of my tertiary function, Te. Te is a valuable tool for navigating bureaucratic jungles of red taped vines, but very depressing to deal with for a long time at a time. My inferior, Si, has also been taxed lately. School should be starting soon, so I didn't get enough rest this summer, but next summer, I'll be off to college. I am thinking teaching.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Now, I am thinking INFJ...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Magic, I wish I could send you a link to my college graduation speech, but it's on Facebook - I can't link to it because of my privacy settings. However, I will tell you the gist of what I said at the end after a speech about finding my way through college and separating my parents' ambitions for me from my own ambitions for myself.

"If you keep making decisions that are connected and authentic, then ultimately, your dots will connect. However painful the process might be, you will end up with the life that you are supposed to live, and it will be all the more enjoyable because of that. I'll leave you all on this graduation day with a quote that a friend often repeated to me in my four years here: 'There's no place you can be in which you aren't meant to be.' Wherever you go in life after this, my hope is that you end up where you're truly meant to be."

The less sentimental on this forum might say it's cheesy, but I think it answers your question. You can't will meaning into your life. Finding meaning in your life is a series of realizations that occur over a period time. But if the manner in which you choose friendships, work, and leisure activities is connected with what's in your soul (and that includes considering practical or strategic factors if that's important to you), eventually things will come together. The process requires a lot of faith, though.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Magic, I wish I could send you a link to my college graduation speech, but it's on Facebook - I can't link to it because of my privacy settings. However, I will tell you the gist of what I said at the end after a speech about finding my way through college and separating my parents' ambitions for me from my own ambitions for myself.

"If you keep making decisions that are connected and authentic, then ultimately, your dots will connect. However painful the process might be, you will end up with the life that you are supposed to live, and it will be all the more enjoyable because of that. I'll leave you all on this graduation day with a quote that a friend often repeated to me in my four years here: 'There's no place you can be in which you aren't meant to be.' Wherever you go in life after this, my hope is that you end up where you're truly meant to be."

The less sentimental on this forum might say it's cheesy, but I think it answers your question. You can't will meaning into your life. Finding meaning in your life is a series of realizations that occur over a period time. But if the manner in which you choose friendships, work, and leisure activities is connected with what's in your soul (and that includes considering practical or strategic factors if that's important to you), eventually things will come together. The process requires a lot of faith, though.
    Thank you...

My mother is always telling me how lazy I am, but I feel like I work pretty hard...
    I don't have siblings to compare myself to...
    ...so, I'm not sure...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Thank you...

My mother is always telling me how lazy I am, but I feel like I work pretty hard...
    I don't have siblings to compare myself to...
    ...so, I'm not sure...
    lol, this particular issue isn't really about hard work

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

lol, this particular issue isn't really about hard work
    What is it?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    What is it?
    it's basically about following your heart and being patient. of course, there is work involved in following your dreams but, that's not what i meant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

it's basically about following your heart and being patient. of course, there is work involved in following your dreams but, that's not what i meant
    LOL...
    I always thought because I'm a strong ENFP and she is a strong ExTJ...

Well, she chides me for not being focused, not being tidy, and not being outwardly serious...

She might say something like, "You are so lazy, how do you expect to go off to college?"
    I always tell her that I am working on being more systematized and efficient, but I can never deliver on that...

I am pretty sure that my mother is ENTJ, and my step-father is ESTJ. I originally thought my mother was an F because she was somewhat feminine, but closely observing her, she looks like a female Te-dom...

She's different from my step father, though...
    She is a little more out of the box, a little less "by the book", a little wild...
    My step-father is really somebody I can't seem to have positive relations with...
    He is aggressive, angry, and difficult to understand...

Both are very driven, though...

I'm glad I have their types down with certainty, and it's funny that my mother is my second-least favorite type, and my step-father is my least favorite type...
    My mother has a nice side to her, at least...
    ...So it's not completely cold here...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan