User Tag List

First 123

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't see the similarity between ISFP and ENFP. I suspect these are ESFPs who think they're Ns or people misunderstanding what an INFP can look like (ie people think isfps and enfps may have an edge or sense of style but INFPs don't).

I think ESFJs are likely to be mistyped as ENFP and that people confuse these two. They have the same interaction style and ESFJs can display some Ne in their conversation style, plus an ENFP persona is quite trendy nowadays.
    I can relate to the way Ryan Gosling (ISFP) interacts with people:

I feel like some ISFPs have more "quirk" to them than other sensors. 7 and 4w3 ISFPs tend to have similar tastes and interests as us as far as fashion, hobbies, music, etc.. E9 ISFPs are a different story though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't see the similarity between ISFP and ENFP.
    ISFPs and ENFPs seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum... a combination of being drawn inward and pushing outward... both types tend to be socially ambiverted, a little awkward but a little natural relational ease, have some sense of aesthetics/creativity, and both tend to have a warm, flexible exterior and typically a fairly well-expressed personal interest in making a positive impact on the world.

I dunno, I feel like a lot of times the two types can come off similarly, depending on the people. They're both a little quiet and messy in an artsy way, but fierce in terms of heart. Of course an ENFP 4 and ISFP 4 will be a lot more similar than ENFP 6 and ISFP 9.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^

ISFPs and ENFPs seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum... a combination of being drawn inward and pushing outward... both types tend to be socially ambiverted, a little awkward but a little natural relational ease, have some sense of aesthetics/creativity, and both tend to have a warm, flexible exterior and typically a fairly well-expressed personal interest in making a positive impact on the world.

I dunno, I feel like a lot of times the two types can come off similarly, depending on the people. They're both a little quiet and messy in an artsy way, but fierce in terms of heart. Of course an ENFP 4 and ISFP 4 will be a lot more similar than ENFP 6 and ISFP 9.
    that's interesting i think...and it's funny how some people just don't seem infp but you'd buy either enfp or isfp for...it's weird but i've seen it too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

^

I thought ISFPs seemed a lot like ENFPs! Sometimes, I feel more introverted than an actual introvert.

Stansmith

This is how an ISFP probably reacts to Ne though

I would also laugh and be caught off guard by his theory if I were in his shoes, but at the same time I'd be visibly intrigued by it and entertain his idea.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The middle of what spectrum? I/E?

The ambiversion and awkwardness mixed with some ease can just be a social skills or degree of introversion matter.

I think a fair amount of INFPs would fit this description (which actually sounds more 6 & 9ish over all). It sounds just like an INFP e9 friend of mine (who is more typically INFP than me; warmer demeanor, sweet & gentle vibes, etc).

I know some ESFPs who would fit this also; maybe less ambiverted, but not stereotypical Es.

I think the confusion is mostly based on stereotypes of ESFPs & INFPs, which can be given more extreme characterizations. Really, this is just "FP" over all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yah mostly i get ESFP and ESTP as guesses from others...have had ENFJ a few times too though, for myself the type i have considered most, other than ENFP, is INFP... have looked into ESFP too though.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Stansmith

its actually been suggested that ryan gosling is estp, much like marlin brando. Considering Ryan gosling and Armin Van buuren are both man crushes of mine... its possible... but Idunno. just something to think about.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Idealism: INFJ/INFP
    Spontaneity: ENFJ/ESFP
    Sentimentality: ISFP

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I relate best to the ENFJs and INFPs in my life.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.