• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs: Which type(s) resemble us most?

S

Stansmith

I don't see the similarity between ISFP and ENFP. I suspect these are ESFPs who think they're Ns or people misunderstanding what an INFP can look like (ie people think isfps and enfps may have an edge or sense of style but INFPs don't).

I think ESFJs are likely to be mistyped as ENFP and that people confuse these two. They have the same interaction style and ESFJs can display some Ne in their conversation style, plus an ENFP persona is quite trendy nowadays.

I can relate to the way Ryan Gosling (ISFP) interacts with people:

I feel like some ISFPs have more "quirk" to them than other sensors. 7 and 4w3 ISFPs tend to have similar tastes and interests as us as far as fashion, hobbies, music, etc.. E9 ISFPs are a different story though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ :yes:

I don't see the similarity between ISFP and ENFP.

ISFPs and ENFPs seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum... a combination of being drawn inward and pushing outward... both types tend to be socially ambiverted, a little awkward but a little natural relational ease, have some sense of aesthetics/creativity, and both tend to have a warm, flexible exterior and typically a fairly well-expressed personal interest in making a positive impact on the world.

I dunno, I feel like a lot of times the two types can come off similarly, depending on the people. They're both a little quiet and messy in an artsy way, but fierce in terms of heart. Of course an ENFP 4 and ISFP 4 will be a lot more similar than ENFP 6 and ISFP 9.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ISFPs and ENFPs seem to fall in the middle of the spectrum... a combination of being drawn inward and pushing outward... both types tend to be socially ambiverted, a little awkward but a little natural relational ease, have some sense of aesthetics/creativity, and both tend to have a warm, flexible exterior and typically a fairly well-expressed personal interest in making a positive impact on the world.

I dunno, I feel like a lot of times the two types can come off similarly, depending on the people. They're both a little quiet and messy in an artsy way, but fierce in terms of heart. Of course an ENFP 4 and ISFP 4 will be a lot more similar than ENFP 6 and ISFP 9.

that's interesting i think...and it's funny how some people just don't seem infp but you'd buy either enfp or isfp for...it's weird but i've seen it too.

MetalMoon

I thought ISFPs seemed a lot like ENFPs! Sometimes, I feel more introverted than an actual introvert.

S

Stansmith

This is how an ISFP probably reacts to Ne though :D

I would also laugh and be caught off guard by his theory if I were in his shoes, but at the same time I'd be visibly intrigued by it and entertain his idea.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The middle of what spectrum? I/E?

The ambiversion and awkwardness mixed with some ease can just be a social skills or degree of introversion matter.

I think a fair amount of INFPs would fit this description (which actually sounds more 6 & 9ish over all). It sounds just like an INFP e9 friend of mine (who is more typically INFP than me; warmer demeanor, sweet & gentle vibes, etc).

I know some ESFPs who would fit this also; maybe less ambiverted, but not stereotypical Es.

I think the confusion is mostly based on stereotypes of ESFPs & INFPs, which can be given more extreme characterizations. Really, this is just "FP" over all.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah mostly i get ESFP and ESTP as guesses from others...have had ENFJ a few times too though, for myself the type i have considered most, other than ENFP, is INFP... have looked into ESFP too though.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

its actually been suggested that ryan gosling is estp, much like marlin brando. Considering Ryan gosling and Armin Van buuren are both man crushes of mine... its possible... but Idunno. just something to think about.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Idealism: INFJ/INFP
Spontaneity: ENFJ/ESFP
Sentimentality: ISFP

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate best to the ENFJs and INFPs in my life.