• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ World!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am very aware that, at least according to society's standards, the current model for a perfect person is ESTJ. What if the majority of the world was INFJ?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
We wouldn't exist right now because the INFJs in the various civilisations wouldn't have excelled at the kinds of jobs that 99%+ of people had before the Industrial Revolution.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean what if the world was more like typology central?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What inspired you to have this thought?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol... I think... It would be more vision-oriented and less practical. More expression of end goals and future dreams and less focus on current productivity. More focused on cooperation. Perhaps more friendly and less bottom-line focused, but also less smoothly operating. More technical problems and less efficiency.

The mom of the family I currently work for is an INFJ while the dad is probably ESTJ (maybe ISTJ), so I get to see this contrast a lot. The mom is more people-focused, more big-picture oriented, more concerned with welfare and harmony. But, she also is a bit of a space cadet when it comes to present needs and practical solutions.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The whole world would be screwed if there were existence of only one singular ANY type.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We wouldn't exist right now because the INFJs in the various civilisations wouldn't have excelled at the kinds of jobs that 99%+ of people had before the Industrial Revolution.
I am uncomfortable with this idea, and that discomfort is a great motivator to me. Not as an INFJ thing, but as a general philosophy of what autonomy means to me and what I want from myself to support that.

One of my goals in life is to become physically and psychologically capable of performing heavy work and leadership should the need ever arise. I am not the optimal personality or body type for the job, but certain skills keep my world running whether I am the best or not, and I feel responsible for being able to hold my own in them. I don't want to be alive just because I'm being supported by other people - the opposite may be impossible, but I'd like to at least be very hard to put into a helpless situation.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If this world was populated by people like my INFJ girlfriend then this world would be a really super cool, easy to deal with place.

I would also be like a dachshund and stuck to everyone's legs...

But mostly the first thing.

BunnyLoopsMewtwoRED

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
3w4
It means that ESTP (average-least favorite type for myself) won't be damaging the Real beauty of Zarathustra from the gutter to the highest-Will of WHY?/

It's an Avalanche!

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INFJ brother is really smart but non-commital. Stern and stubborn. Can't see forest for trees sometimes. I would hate a world of just one of ANY type! lol

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everything would have a surface simplicity with agonizing complexity beneath the surface and behind the scenes. It would also be largely unbalanced, but highly imaginative and idealistic. I suspect language and communication would evolve into something scarcely recognizable to the current norm.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Magic Qwan said:
What if the majority of the world was INFJ?

Lots of crying; lots of cats, and lots more members here.

Also, I'd probably have to start including a disclaimer in my posts: Please don't stick your head in the oven; that was just a joke.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol... I think... It would be more vision-oriented and less practical. More expression of end goals and future dreams and less focus on current productivity. More focused on cooperation. Perhaps more friendly and less bottom-line focused, but also less smoothly operating. More technical problems and less efficiency.

The mom of the family I currently work for is an INFJ while the dad is probably ESTJ (maybe ISTJ), so I get to see this contrast a lot. The mom is more people-focused, more big-picture oriented, more concerned with welfare and harmony. But, she also is a bit of a space cadet when it comes to present needs and practical solutions.

I broke a mop today trying to use it…I think I could forgive her for not being in the here and now. I am personally pretty aware of what is wrong with the world, but when I try to implementing my master plan, tending to details and the little things has been a major stumbling block. I also will be like "we need to love each other more," and somebody else will be like "well, how would that happen?" and then I'm stumped.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I broke a mop today trying to use it…I think I could forgive her for not being in the here and now. I am personally pretty aware of what is wrong with the world, but when I try to implementing my master plan, tending to details and the little things has been a major stumbling block. I also will be like "we need to love each other more," and somebody else will be like "well, how would that happen?" and then I'm stumped.

I'm certainly not the most skilled at attending to the present, either, but I struggle with this particular INFJ because she sometimes will end up acting in ways that are very self-absorbed at others' detriment because she tends to stay in one line of thought and is reluctant to leave it. I am a caregiver to her medically-compromised child, who needs certain medications at certain times. Sometimes she will be so busy talking about her work drama that she prevents me from giving him his medications, and will get annoyed at me if I interrupt her. Or one night, her child was feeling very tired/fussy and it was time for him to get changed into his PJs, and she decided that she wanted to try new outfits on him instead, so she made me restrain him while she did that. Predictably, he hurt me while trying to get away. We all knew he was going to, but she wanted to see if those outfits were going to fit or not, which apparently overrode just waiting until a time when he wasn't fussy. And the other day, she scolded me for not knowing better when I got hurt on malfunctioning equipment, which I'm not even supposed to have to use according to my agency but the family instructs me to. I have since gone to my supervisor to discuss some of these issues.

So... While I deeply appreciate many INFJs, and am extremely fond of many on this site, I find this particular one pretty frustrating.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Well, let's vamp this thread up a little. Shall we?

What WOULD an INFJ world look like? Let's take a look at a fictitious INFJ world where some bizarre twist of the universe turned the majority of people into INFJs and the world didn't quite develop in the way that it did. Let's look at a parallel Earth that didn't quite evolve socially as ours did.

I mean this is the real purpose of the thread, isn’t it? To hypothetically imagine a different kind of world?

Well, let’s assume that all the INFJs are truly INFJs and that they’re all healthy INFJs; otherwise, it wouldn’t be INFJ world, just a knock off and you know we can’t have knock-offs.

So, welcome to PLANET INFJ 94

***Oh, and for the record, INFJs do not cry a lot. In fact, if you are at a funeral and you see a young woman in the corner while her brother or mother lies in the casket and she isn't crying, she's probably an INFJ. Nor do all INFJs like cats. Some do, but INFJs are not your crazy cat ladies. Anyone who believes these things about INFJs obviously has a limited view of the type, but it's understandable. I think it's the most misrepresented type on the net.

So rule no. 1 in INFJ world is that all INFJs be authentic and those very few who aren’t INFJs would be given a serum to help them produce greater amounts of Ni as to help them cope. But since the majority of the world in this case is INFJ, that won’t be a big deal and being INFJ will be fashionable and acceptable so everybody will want to “fit in” and be one, except INFPs and they’re allowed to stay the way they are because they have a lot of the same ultimate values and won’t bother us if we don’t try to make them forsake something that matters, which we won’t do, because we’re INFJs and the only thing we want done away with is superficiality and inhumanity to one another and to animals. We just want a peaceful world. INTJs can stay as they are, too, because they're enough like us that we still communicate very well.

We would live by the rules,

1. You are responsible for your own choices and the outcomes of those choices. You can’t blame your parents, your past, your country, your thyroid or anything else. You are in charge of your life and your end result is a product of the choices you make. No INFJ citizen shall ever try to blame someone else for his or her life choices.
2. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
3. Forgive one another.
4. Be merciful.
5. Be compassionate.
6. Do not be jealous of your neighbor or wish to take anything that belongs to him or her.
7. Be honest. Speak the truth with the intent and motivation to always better everyone involved. Always, think win-win and never possess a winner-looser or looser-looser mentality. Healthy INFJs are all about redeeming the human race, not condemning it.
8. Do no harm. Always ask yourself, “Will this end well for everyone involved?” If the answer is not a yes, then don’t do it.
9. Every person will be allowed to seek spirituality in his or her own way so long as they do not bodily harm another human being or inflict cruelty upon animals in their pursuit of it and so long as they do not prohibit others from having basic human rights.
10. Do not think of yourself as better than anyone else, nor think of yourself as less than anyone else. Remember, that all creatures have value. INFJ world is world made of individuals, each unique, each creative and each working for the harmony of the universe.
11. Do not take more than you need and do not lay up treasures for yourself in this world. If anyone has more than enough, he or she should share with another who is struggling.
12. Everyone who can work, must work.
13. Every 70 years all debts will be forgiven and every person gets a financial clean slate.
14. No person shall work more than 6 days a week. Everyone gets one day a week off and is entitled to do absolutely nothing.
15. Everyone shall be his/her brother’s keeper. You are responsible if your neighbor is hungry, cold or lonely. You are entitled to help them to the best of your ability.

Overall: There would be peace and order. Food would be shared. INFJs DO have Se and in the event that the continuation of the world depended upon them, they could and would grow food. (As one of the species, I must say that I am very resourceful and could literally survive if you dropped me off in the middle of the Appalachian wilderness with nothing but a flint, steel and knife. I’ve lived without indoor plumbing, electricity, etc. many times. I could do it again and I think most INFJs could. We are adaptable, flexible and resilient. We’re tough little cookies.) They could hunt and fish [unless the wise council got together and decided that they should all be vegetarians, which maybe would happen.] There would be a huge push toward living as one with nature, so shopping malls, amusement parks, large arenas, etc., would be minimum. Instead, the energy would be focused on how to keep nature and humanity in balance.

Government: The government would be set up as a confederacy with a representative from each region or tribe that had been chosen by the clans of their area to come to represent them. Maybe we would have a long house like the Iroquois. This council would be headed by facilitator and two judges. The facilitator would listen to the concerns of the leaders who had been chosen by their people for their wisdom, selflessness, kindness and intelligence (they would all be Jedi masters, of course). When a situation presented itself, the facilitator would invite the representatives to take turns presenting their facts and then the representatives would look at the situations objectively and from many angels then vote on a solution. If there were a dispute, depending upon the nature of the dispute, one of the two judges would make a ruling. One judge would decide on matters that pertained to living things. The other would rule on things that pertained to inanimate objects. Remember, it is INFJ world so the things that are currently valued in our world system may not hold the same value in INFJ world.

Money: The world would operate on the system [kind of like the Federation in Star Trek] where each person gave of their expertise in the field for which they were best suited and in turn, they were never charged for services such as electricity, health care, etc. For the most part, we will live by the rule of “If you have two of something and your neighbor has none, you will share.” If you raise a crop and your neighbor raises a flock of sheep, you will feed him and he will clothe you. Everyone will share with his neighbor and everyone will work. Those who are sick or can’t work will be taken care of by those who can. There will be no tax programs as we now know them. There will be no welfare programs because it is the responsibility of every community to provide for the less fortunate. However, there will be programs for the elderly and the sick and each person will give 10% of his/her good/and or knowledge to help maintain facilities for the sick, elderly and orphans and to provide funds necessary for police officers and rescue workers.

Science: All science will go toward the efforts of healing diseases, sustaining the planet, space exploration, oceanic exploration, archaeological exploration, etc. The only weapons built will be in the form of preventing natural disasters and to deter alien invasions, of course, because no one on Earth would think about using weapons on each other, it's INFJ world, remember? We hate war.

War, Crime and Discipline: There will be no dictators and no terrorists. They will be given the serum and in the event that it fails, they will be sent to a brainwashing facility and every day for the rest of their lives they will be hooked up to a device that plays Mother Teresa, Ghandi, the Jesus movie and Martin Luther King over and over and over until they can recite every word by heart. At night, the Sermon on the Mount would be blasted over the intercom for two solid hours preceding bedtime and first thing every morning, they would hear the words of the Dahli Lama. They would hear the messages of peace and love, forgiveness, mercy and compassion day in and day out. They would never be left alone or allowed time in their heads to think of another way of life. They shall listen to songs about love and mercy during every meal. Until their dying days they would be prisoners, but they will be subjected to the best of human nature. However, because of the drain they produce on society, they will be given the bare minimum for survival in the way of food and clothing and sanitary facilities. If they try to escape or if they try to injure their guards or other prisoners, they will be executed, because all other means of reform have been exhausted. Still, during their lifetimes in prison, they would not be mistreated, lied to or belittled. They would not be talked down to, but they would be met with calm demeanor and even kindness so long as they behaved civilly.

Language of INFJ World—it would be precise and almost telepathic. People would be able to look at one another and understand where the other person was coming from. They would be able to “get one another” without so many clumsy words. There wouldn’t be any big ego points to prove, because there would be no rewards for being prettier, smarter, stronger, faster, etc. Each person would be considered of equal value and each person would be expected to contribute a fair amount, to work hard and not be selfish, but it wouldn’t seem weird, because the whole world would be operating on that system. Laziness would not exist. “All things in moderation,” would be the motto. Keep all things balanced.

Creativity-There would be large amounts of literature, lots of open space, lots of art and lots of music. There would also be places of complete silence and harmony, think monastery type dwellings. There would be plays and lots of non-competitive games, and lots of solitary sports like Tai Chi and long distance running. Most people would spend lots of time in meditation, prayer and reflection. Our dreams would be important and we would talk about them. We would have story telling sessions and would probably go hiking a lot, fishing, canoeing, camping, etc. Because, INFJs have Se and in an INFJ world they would feel free to engage Se and use it efficiently without fear of anyone making fun of their attempts.

It would be a calm and quiet world, kind of like Vulcan, but with more laughter.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lots of crying; lots of cats, and lots more members here.

Also, I'd probably have to start including a disclaimer in my posts: Please don't stick your head in the oven; that was just a joke.
But what if we're just checking to see if the cookies are done?